Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Cayenne S custom order: Need your thoughts/suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:07 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
I think patience is key...but it is kinda hard. I waited for my 997.2 to pull the trigger and then after I started driving it I felt man why did I wait so long to get into one and kept thinking about all the days that I lost in my life driving the boring MB E-350 (no offense/great car just not my cup of tea).

I just cannot trade in my pristine condition minivan for 11K when I see minivans of the same year/model with 30K miles more being listed on autotrader by private parties for 16 to 18 K. The vehicle is in showroom condition. I have placed an ad in the sale section and will soon use Autotrader.

A couple of thoughts on the new Cayennes. The looks and ride on the 20 inch Spyder wheels is great. My wife is 5'2 and she has a hard time getting out of the drivers seat without a deep massage of the outer bolster. If you look at there brochures unlike previous year (atleast on the 911s) this year both the 14 way and the 18 way seats have prominent side bolsters bulging out. In fact there was already evidence of wear on the outer bolster on the driver and passenger side (guessing spouse accompanies the test driver)on a 150 mile test drive Cayenne. As much as I hate the idea, I may be ordering mine with a running board as my CS will be a keeper and I cannot bear to see seats that show it's age. But that's just me. The interior is very quiet, so the value of noise insulated glass is debatable (unless you want one for the deep tint which I am not a big fan of). The stock interior has a aluminium and piano black trim for the dash/doors etc. The sales consultant had no clue when I asked him what happens to the small existing strip of aluminium when I go with a brushed aluminium package. We share so much info here. Trust me we are a much more informed group then some of the cnsultants out there. When I spec'd a 110K Cayenne and got 2% off, the consultant tells me this. "Oh! your wife will never see the PDCC/PTV benefit, you may not see the Burmester effect, so right there you can get one for below $100K". Ya right. The main reason I am sold on the 2011 Cayenne (rather than save a bunch by getting the first gen) is the above three options. No I may be wrong in my thought process but.....
First of all, congrats on doing autotrader for the Sienna. You will get your money back! Secondly, I can hear your frustration about the sales people and your order. Thirdly, maybe like you, I am totally disgusted with car dealers right now. They project the 'friendly' helpful ordering process only to kick you in the teeth on your trade!
In fact, right now, I am considering just keeping my vehicle and then finding a broker to go to auction and get me a used one that some 'poor' sucker traded-in for a major loss. Man, I am hopping mad at car dealers right now especially Lexus. My 'lovely' 43000 car, a 2010 Lexus HS 250h, is now worth at best 20k due to 3 recalls for SAFETY since January 2010. I might just not pay the payments and let them repo it. Seriously. I don't care what it does to my credit since I can buy things for cash! Also, I can not let them bear the whole blame, but one of the dealer principals PERSONALLY assured me that Lexus would buy the car back and they did NOT. so, I have a worthless piece of crap that I am leasing for business that is worth nothing! Sorry to take over this thread by my vent...I just wrote several nasty emails to all of the dealer principals....thanks, I feel better!
Lastly, order and get what you want. it's your car and your money spent. I think the running boards will look good and your wife will appreciate them daily! Good luck!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
wanted to bump this thread. what's the highest dicounts youall are seeing for custom orders...... as well as inventory?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Jace, my usual Porsche dealer gave me 2% off MSRP. I felt insulted. Now went with another dealer in the neighboring state. He did tell me that if it were now ( given lack of many build allocation slots) I would have gotten a 4% discount. But when I ordered 6 weeks ago (my first order with him) I got 5 % off MSRP. What about you ?

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-08-2010 at 06:34 PM.