Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Color choice for a 2011 Cayenne S.
Sand white
66.67%
Auburn metallic
10.00%
Umber metallic
23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Color choice for a 2011 Cayenne S: Wish we could decide fast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Color choice for a 2011 Cayenne S: Wish we could decide fast

Ordered Auburn metallic yesterday in the afternoon for a Dec build date. Have a couple of weeks to make changes on our order that has the two tone natural leather with espresso/cognac. After several weeks of debating between Umber and Auburn metallic, since last night, my wife is really sold on the sand white for that interior. I am not a big fan of white but the Cayenne is being ordered for her. The recent cover of Christophorus did not help my cause. Need your thoughts on (1) white for a Cayenne, (2) white for that interior combo- good or bad idea and (3) what would be your choice of color for that interior. Umber, Auburn or Sand white.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Okay let me start of with my choice: Sand white Clue: Wife is sitting next to me. What else do you think it would be ?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Black - is there any other color for a Pcar???

Old 09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
500hpGrl is infamous around these parts
I have a question,...have you seen the vehicle in person with the Sand White, Umber and Auburn? I've seen all colors on the actual vehicles in the 2011 line except Amethyst.

I do agree with your wife that Sand White is always a good choice! It shows the lines of the vehicle nicely and would look great with the espresso/cognac interior.

But, the Umber is absolutely stunning on the vehicle - very classy color - and again, would look great with the espresso/cognac interior.

I wonder if the Auburn with the espresso/cognac interior might be a little busy? I haven't see that interior with the Auburn yet.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:48 PM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
I have a CTT on order. Originally ordered Auburn with Umber/Light Tartufo, thought it was a great combo especially w/ the birch trim. Anyhow, I got cold feet about the Auburn and am locked in with Jet Black/ Espresso/Cognac w/ Olive wood. Of your choices, I'd probably go with White if you're firm on the espresso/cognac.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I like the white because I had a white one. When I order and that's a big when, I am leaning towards white or silver. I love the look of the silver and white with the 20" Cayenne design wheels. Very clean. So, my vote on the poll is for white, but she might want to consider the silver. Think about all those silver 997's with the espresso(cocoa) interior... just another choice for her to put the thinking cap on! It's her car, right?

Old 09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
BillC is infamous around these parts
For some the white didn't impress me when I saw it on the dealer's lot but I did like it when I saw it at the Porsche driving school last week. Don't know why-maybe better light.

I couldn't bring myself to order a color I hadn't seen as $100k is too much risk. I thought Auburn would be a great match for the expresso/cognac but I couldn't see one and blue has always been my color. Folks like umber but it's not for me. White will work fine, but if you are a risk taker, the auburn will probably more striking and less common.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Gj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura aboutGj325 has a spectacular aura about
My vote is Umber then white. Then Yellow. Started with Auburn but wasn't impressed with sample but the actual color may be a winner. When I get to see one in flesh.

Sure wish they still had GTS Red.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
macademia

Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Sure wish they still had GTS Red.[/quote]

Yes, what a great color! Would have got it in a heartbeat, even for the extra $3 large.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:16 AM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Looks like White is winning. A bit too plain for me, although a safe choice. Umber is too much of a clay color. Auburn is the richest color to me.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
NorCal_Cyclist is infamous around these parts
I voted Sand White...but then again, I'm biased

Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Thank you for participating in this poll. We very much appreciate all the thoughts/suggestions. Spent quite a bit of time over the past couple of days going over several color combinations for the espresso/cognac color. The umber with that choice of interior colors (brown outside, inside, top and bottom may be too much) will be a brown overdose, Auburn will make it too busy, Sand white would be great but the pepper would be a keeper for us. I would hate to see the paint protection film yellowing over the white color in a few years. That left us with two choices. Jet black metallic and black. Wife wanted black but I went with jet black metallic which of the two blacks would be a little easier to maintain swirl free....well almost swirl free. I even asked my buddy at Metropolitan detail John. He knows a thing or two about paint protection/correction. The only way to keep a black colored car swirl free is to store it in the garage.

My wife and I think the jet black metallic with espresso, cognac would look stunning. I do think most (if not all) of you would agree.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 09-21-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 AM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Although black is good on any car, I think black (or dark) cars in Washington state tend to get pretty dirty in the winter. I wish the racing green or aqua blue were offered for Cayenne.

By the way, I saw a Panamera with the cognac dash. It seems a bit too brown, so I guess it wouldn't be my wife's preference. She really likes the cream, but it'll get too dirty easily.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:42 AM
My wife and I think the jet black metallic with espresso, cognac would look stunning. I do think most (if not all) of you would agree.

[/quote]

Great choice! What are you doing for interior trim?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Color choice for a 2011 Cayenne S: Wish we could decide fast