Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PTV and PDCC Options on 2011 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Overdraft is infamous around these parts
PTV and PDCC Options on 2011 Turbo

All - asked this on another forum and wanted 6 Speed Guys take on this as well.

Given that I have a 997 TT with PTV and a GT3 for the track, would anyone really think one would drive a Cayenne (realistically) hard enough to enjoy these two options. I can't believe the truck in Comfort mode - let alone Sport mode - would have so much lean on her going around corners on my trip up to the cottage on weekends that one would notice an appeciable differance in performance. I had Comfort-Normal-Sport in my 2004 CTT and it was plenty stiff. My salesguy suggested to take a pass on these two options and focus on some cosmetic and comfort items that we would enjoy (hence 21" wheels, aluminum front and rear, aluminum roof rails, double insulated glass, heat/ cooled seats etceteras) but a couple of guys on this forum have chimed in that these two options are must haves.

Is there a differance in "feel" or "quality" if anyone has driven the two options?

Of all the Cayenne TT's in dealer inventory in Canada and shown on the Porsche Canada web-site, none of them have these two options which are packaged together for $ 5,500.00. Can anybody support the theory or offer an opinion on this?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Even though $5500 doesn't seem much compared to the price of the CTT, I probably will save this money and order without those options.

Having the 997TT and GT3 already, the CTT to you will just be a people mover or bad weather car. There will be no desire to use it for sporty driving.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:15 AM
03LX470 is infamous around these parts
I drive only rarely in a way to really experience these two options in a meaningful way. However, i dont want to buy a turbo and not have options that can only really be enjoyed with a turbo.

The PDCC is always a joy even in normal daily driving as there's almost no body roll while turning (which other suv can offer this?) This is the best system I have ever experienced and this can only happen in a Porsche.

If I were getting a V6, I would never get these options. On a S, yes and no...depends on priorities and budget. On a turbo, these are a must imo.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:36 AM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
I also have a 997TT and love it..... BUT our Cayenne TT would not be the same with out PDCC. Its much enjoyed !

Old 09-27-2010, 07:57 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
PDCC is a must. Whats another 1.5k for PTV is that's going to make your ride safer/more agile. How can dealers tell you that they are must have options and then not have a vehicle on the lot for test drive equipped with these options. They will sell you what they have. If u want to custom aorder one with these options you are more than likely going to wait until you drive one that is equipped with these options which will translate into a delay of your chances of ordering. They don't want that. How many people are going to order these options sight unseen...like me. Not many.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 09-27-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:09 AM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
I don't have any 911's because I don't fit. But I do have an E39 MT with the Dinan S2 conversion that is my summer toy. But, when I am driving my CTTS and a nice corner or a freeway on ramp comes along, I take advanttage of the PDCC every time.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM
The final build sheet - and thanks for the comments

BASE Cayenne Turbo
2T Jet Black Metallic 0.00
LC Full Leather Interior in Black 0.00
PIP Porsche Intelligent Performanc 0.00
EXT Active All Wheel Drive 0.00
CZ4 21" 911 Turbo II Wheel
3S1 Roof Rails in Aluminum Look wi
9JA Non-Smoker Package 0.00
PP6 Comfort Lighting Package
QR1 Compass Display QV4 XM Satellite Radio
7X8 Reversing Camera including Par
VW5 Insulated Privacy Glass
VC2 HomeLinkR Garage Door Opener
3Y8 Powered Sunscreen for R. Wndws
4D3 Seat Ventilation (Front)
1D6 Trailer Hitch without Hitch Ba 890.00
3FE Power Tilt / Slide Moonroof
2JX Stainless Steel Nose and Tail
5ZF Porsche Crest Fr & R Headrests
4F6 Porsche Entry & Drive
PV6 Sport Package
1ML Steering Wheel w Shift Paddles 0.00
0AW Porsche Dynamic Chassis Contro 0.00
1Y1 PTV Plus 0.00
4GG Isolated Heated Windshield

Thank you all for the advice and comments...I was really on the fence on a couple of options but the thread helped me change the order and now it is signed and re-submitted to Porsche. Best news is I felt good about the order after I e mailed it in - sometimes the only indication to having made the right decision. Just have to work a little harder to pay for it...

Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Nicely done!

Old 09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I had a whole writeup I was going to give on these two options after driving the turbo for a week from the dealership, but since you already decided to get both, I will refrain, except to say, the PVT is MUST, and the pdcc, although I have it on my GTS, because of the PVT, the pdcc isn't as important as it was in my 2008, as it is with the new Cayenne, unless you track or drive like a mad man more often than not. It will stiffen the ride more so and yes, eliminate body roll, but the stiffer ride, might be enought to want the more luxurious ride and just get the PVT.

Good decision either way, both great options... :-)

the only thing I wouldn't get that you have, but it was included in the sport package is the steering wheel WITH paddle shirters.....

When you get the shifters you don't get the multi function steering wheel which is sooooo user friendly rather than having the toggle lever because of the paddles.

For me, I had to have my sales person, price out the premium package, then select the pvt and pdcc options seperately, becuase I didn't want the paddle wheel.

Goodl luck, nicely done.

did they say the roof rails will delay 4-6 weeks like mine did? or have they fixed that proplem, since 4 days ago, when I was in the dealership.....

looks like a January arrival date Ill guess, since that is what I was told last week....

Last edited by Jace; 09-27-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Jace,
Did you drive one with PTV only and compare it to the one with PTV and PDCC?
Getting PTV (with PASM) is what I was planning.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
I had a whole writeup I was going to give on these two options after driving the turbo for a week from the dealership, but since you already decided to get both, I will refrain, except to say, the PVT is MUST, and the pdcc, although I have it on my GTS, because of the PVT, the pdcc isn't as important as it was in my 2008, as it is with the new Cayenne, unless you track or drive like a mad man more often than not. It will stiffen the ride more so and yes, eliminate body roll, but the stiffer ride, might be enought to want the more luxurious ride and just get the PVT.

Good decision either way, both great options... :-)

the only thing I wouldn't get that you have, but it was included in the sport package is the steering wheel WITH paddle shirters.....

When you get the shifters you don't get the multi function steering wheel which is sooooo user friendly rather than having the toggle lever because of the paddles.

For me, I had to have my sales person, price out the premium package, then select the pvt and pdcc options seperately, becuase I didn't want the paddle wheel.

Goodl luck, nicely done.

did they say the roof rails will delay 4-6 weeks like mine did? or have they fixed that proplem, since 4 days ago, when I was in the dealership.....

looks like a January arrival date Ill guess, since that is what I was told last week....
Jace agreed with you on all fronts. I just hope the ride in 'Comfort' mode is luxurious enough - now you're making me nervous! I do like a firm ride but not harsh - and I hope no rattles as I am a rattle maniac. This is my 'luxury' car as my other two cars are not luxo cruisers (997 TT and GT3).

I ended up with paddles - although I almost opted out picking individually as you suggested but - darn - I like the look of those paddles and I really find it gives a nice edge to the interior. I totally get your comment to the wheel simplicity as my 997 TT has paddles and is a PIA to keep reaching for the dash. At least in the Cayenne, the sport wheel is heated one can toggle through from the steering stalk where I can't in my 997.

I have not heard word of delivery problems with the aluminum rails. Sounds like the delay of four months in getting the spoiler lip and underside of my 997 painted last year - delayed production of it three months!

The dealer had a build slot already that they altered the configuration for me so it has a scheduled late October build for some time - should see it first week in December or so.

Thanks again all.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
congrats! nice build! Can't wait to hear your impressions of the CTT!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Overdraft
At least in the Cayenne, the sport wheel is heated one can toggle through from the steering stalk where I can't in my 997.
It is my understanding that the sport wheel is NOT heated. I hope you're right, but I believe you are incorrect.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by copasetic222
It is my understanding that the sport wheel is NOT heated. I hope you're right, but I believe you are incorrect.

I would have agreed with you - up until this morning. When I sent the an e mail to my sales rep weighing off getting the paddle wheel vs. standard wheel he corrected me saying it WAS heated. I was surprised as well...I am in Canada so I hope he IS correct....it gets darned cold here.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ManMachine
Jace,
Did you drive one with PTV only and compare it to the one with PTV and PDCC?
Getting PTV (with PASM) is what I was planning.
Only drove a turbo with NOT pdcc. Even salesman said pdcc is a expected, but would stiffen the ride to what my gts with pdcc is and I don't want that. Its not harsh dont worry abiut yhat just harder... Probably get the pvt and NoT pdcc not 100%. not a cost issue just a comfort issue.

Last edited by Jace; 09-27-2010 at 07:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PTV and PDCC Options on 2011 Turbo