Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Opinions on this 2011 S Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
jesh is infamous around these parts
Opinions on this 2011 S Build

What do you think of this build? It will either be this, or Classic Silver Metallic. One other option is non-black rims with the black metallic paint. I'm not really sure about the 'Interior Leather Package' and will have to ask the dealer to show me one with this, unless someone has some comments on it? The interior Alcantara is very nice on a model I saw in the showroom, but not sure I'm that in love with it.

Cayenne S Tiptronic

Packages
BOSEŽ Audio Package
Premium Package Plus

Exterior Color
Jet Black Metallic

Interior Color
Standard Interior in Black

Exterior
Panorama Roof System
Porsche Entry & Drive$1,090

Performance
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Sports Exhaust System
8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function$0
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM

Wheels
21" Cayenne SportEdition Wheel Painted Black with Wheel Arch Extension

Interior
14-way Power Seats with Memory Package
Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel
Side Airbags rear
Audio and Communications
Telephone Module

Old 10-15-2010, 01:21 PM
longisland2000 is infamous around these parts
Nice build. I ordered the jet black with black leather. The three items that changed my mind for sure when seeing them live was the full leather, Compass, and the exterior package in high gloss black. I added all three, obviously non performance options but well worth it IMO.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by longisland2000
Nice build. I ordered the jet black with black leather. The three items that changed my mind for sure when seeing them live was the full leather, Compass, and the exterior package in high gloss black. I added all three, obviously non performance options but well worth it IMO.
Did order the Jet Black Metallic? The full leather, do you mean the 'Interior Package Leather' under options? I forgot to add the compass. The high gloss black exterior package looks nice but I think I might like the 'accents' the original look has. Will have to consider that one.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
yes I ordered the Jet Black with 14 way seats and leather interior with black. Which is the $3655 option above the standard partial leather. You should go and sit in one that has leather for sure, that is what sold me.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:51 PM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Is the compass really for looks? I mean, I don't remember ever needing a compass - if I'm lost, it'll be useless anyway, and since the vehicle has Navigation...

Maybe when I'm really stuck in the wilderness with the Cayenne...

Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM
seems totally useless but I loved the way it looked on the dash, if you have the chance to see it you should. Ended up being one of those "what's another 450 bucks" type of things

Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I love your build. Your vehicle's handling (with the PASM, air susp, PDCC, PTV with a 21 inch wheel ) will be nothing short of sublime. You have clearly done some homework. My thoughts/comments.

1. Please go for the full leather.
2. I also went with the compass just for the looks. It just feels too plain
without it IMO.
3. Did you look at the 18-way seats. I love its looks and snug fit compared
to the 14-way.
4. How about 4-zone climate control ?
5. I am curious to know why you went with the telephone module.
6. You cannot add roof rails at a later date so you might want to give it a
thought and it is cheaper in combination with the panorama roof.
7. I hope you did not overlook the non-smoker's package, wheel
arch extensions and the adaptive cruise control. These features are
obviously not a must but did want to bring it to your attention.
cruise control.
8. Lastly if you don't mind sharing, it would be nice to know your build
date and your discount for the benefit of other's who are looking
to get one off the lot vs custom ordering one.

Again that will be a terrific Cayenne S. Good job Jesh.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:52 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
The 4-zone climate control only allows the rear passengers to change their temps correct? Either way there are vents for the rear w/o it?
Thanks
I'm still contemplating this one, but will probably not opt for it if there are already vents in the back.

TIA.

I also need to go check out the FULL LEATHER package and totally thought Porsche Entry & Drive was included in the Prem + package (calling the dealer now to add it to my order).

Last edited by C4SxM5; 10-15-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
There are air vents even if you don't go with the 4-zone. Boy, I certainly see quite a few ordering the entry/drive option. What's up with that ??? Are you guys all that lazy or do you just want to look that ultra-cool ?? Am I missing something. I have a heavily loaded CS order and probably the only option I did not check off was the E & D.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I got the E&D simply because the MRS previous cars all had it and it makes it a lot easier for her to not have to dig through her huge purse looking for the keys

Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
slwong23 is infamous around these parts
Woot- once have it, you won't want to be without it. Locking/unlocking the doors and pushing a button to start all with the key in your pocket is great! I don't think I'd go without it in any vehicle moving forward.

Jesh- great build! I added the $150 option to have black trim around the windows, which makes everything look cleaner IMO. I went with silver, but have seen some pictures in jet black, looks awesome.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:26 PM
I dont need/like roof rails. And yes I forgot the non-smokers package. Adaptive cruise control - I never use cruise control and wheel arch extensions are included w/ the rims.

The keyless package is great, I have it on my '10 ML550 and it is very nice. I am going to go with the high gloss black also - although part of me likes the contrast of the silver and black. Might change my mind.

w00t, I haven't ordered yet, but we are hoping for December build, I'll know this week when it's ordered. Also I went with the telephone module for the bluetooth abilities, it isn't included otherwise, right?

I'll most likely end up getting the full leather package.

thanks for the comments!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Jesh, I hope you have the Cayenne brochure. Blue tooth is standard for all the Cayenne models (page 81)and the telephone module has nothing to do with it. I too never use cruise control, the adaptive cruise control is a safety feature where a radar sensor is used to detect any object in front. In case you doze off, the car automatically breaks for you when you go too close to rear ending. You won't be disappointedfor the money you will be spending on full leather. Hurry up if time is of the essence since the build dates are far and few. Atleast in the PNW, there are very few build slots for the CS and even less for the CTT. One more thing is you feel that our posts are helping you, you may want to add to the member's reputation (that's the click on the gold medal on the top right hand side of each post). That way a newbie knows whose comments/advice are trustworthy.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 10-16-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I meant the car "brakes" for you.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 AM
George718 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jesh
What do you think of this build? It will either be this, or Classic Silver Metallic. One other option is non-black rims with the black metallic paint. I'm not really sure about the 'Interior Leather Package' and will have to ask the dealer to show me one with this, unless someone has some comments on it? The interior Alcantara is very nice on a model I saw in the showroom, but not sure I'm that in love with it.

Cayenne S Tiptronic

Packages

BOSEŽ Audio Package

Premium Package Plus

Exterior Color

Jet Black Metallic

Interior Color

Standard Interior in Black

Exterior

Panorama Roof System

Porsche Entry & Drive$1,090
Performance

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)

Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Sports Exhaust System

8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function$0
Extended Range Fuel Tank

Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM
Wheels

21" Cayenne SportEdition Wheel Painted Black with Wheel Arch Extension

Interior

14-way Power Seats with Memory Package

Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel
Side Airbags rear

Audio and Communications

Telephone Module
Great build! My budget wasn't that high but if it was that would have been my coice in build.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on this 2011 S Build