Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

To those that Ordered and received 2011 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by George718
Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping they use a different port for NYC dealers.

Davisville replaced Baltimore as the Northeast port, so I'm afraid you're in the same boat, so to speak.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:07 AM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gammaman
I'm in New Hampshire, fairly close to the port in Rhode Island. My dealer is a Premier Dealer, so I doubt he's getting pushed back. There just seems to be a fair amount of delivery variability, probably multifactorial. Some of my dealer's other customers have had their cars delayed up to 2 months, so I should consider myself lucky.
What does "Premier Dealer" mean? Mine is also

Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ok_computadora
What does "Premier Dealer" mean? Mine is also
FWIW, here's what they say:

Program Definition

The Porsche Premier Dealer Program identifies the top 25 Porsche Dealers in North America. It recognizes and rewards those Porsche Dealerships that best embrace the ‘Porsche Business Model’ – achieving the highest performance among their peers in Brand utilization, product representation and the development of key ‘Porsche business drivers’; and in doing so, succeed as independent entrepreneurs who routinely exceed the expectations of their Porsche customers.
Philosophy

Porsche is a prestigious, authentic brand with a unique heritage and a fervent core of enthusiasts. Porsche owners are passionate about their automobiles in a way no other automotive marque can match. Those who purchase a Porsche are buying more than a car – they’re buying a legend.
Porsche enthusiasts are driven, successful people who demand the very best. Owning a Porsche is a reflection of their values. Driving a Porsche connects with the very essence of their psyche. This deep-rooted link between car and driver must also be forged between the company and the customer in order to create an ownership experience that is every bit as satisfying as the Porsche driving experience itself.
A commitment to excellence – and performance above industry standards – is expected at Porsche as a baseline for conducting business. The Porsche Premier Dealer program is dedicated to rewarding authorized Porsche dealers who routinely go above and beyond these demands in their devotion to both the Porsche brand and their valued customers. A Premier Dealer is a champion of the brand who ‘lives and breathes’ Porsche. Premier Dealers set themselves apart by exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit in their approach to customer service that epitomizes the independent mindset of Ferdinand Porsche himself. Recognition as a Porsche Premier Dealer bestows the pride and prestige of being named one of the most highly regarded Porsche dealerships in North America. The Porsche Premier Dealer marque distinguishes a dealership as one whose personnel excel at putting Porsche ideals into practice

Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 AM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
My update

Originally Posted by kriegsjr
I expect my build to be complete November 5th. How many weeks did it take for delivery to you from completion date?

Thanks
Car moved into paint shop today so I am on schedule. I also learned from my dealer that my S will enter the US in Brunswick, GA, Hopefully that will be better.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
scottlma is infamous around these parts
My Cayenne S is reportedly on "a" boat on it's way. I've been bugging the dealer for the name of the ship - but he tells me it's not easy to pull it from the system. Does this make sense ? Anyone know what screen I can point him to ?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Alby is infamous around these parts
I just recieved a call to say mine is on the dock so providing they can get it released and into predelivery on Monday may have it before the end of next week. I am grinning!