Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

To those that Ordered and received 2011 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:11 PM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
To those that Ordered and received 2011 Cayenne

I expect my build to be complete November 5th. How many weeks did it take for delivery to you from completion date?

Thanks

Old 10-18-2010, 02:33 PM
longisland2000 is infamous around these parts
I will add one more to that question as I am waiting too. How long did it take to build. I have a build date first week of November

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
It takes 3 to 4 days to build one from the actual build date and then 5 to 6 weeks (if everything goes well without delay in the port) to reach the delaership. Mine is a Dec 2 build. Expecting a mid-Jan 2011 arrival for pick up.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I am not sure about cars for the southeast, but there is a real hang up for cars coming into the northeast. Something about cars coming to a different port and combining services with VW/Audi. My Cayenne took about 2 weeks from build date to arriving at the port.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
So when was your build date and when do you expect to arrive at the dealership.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
So when was your build date and when do you expect to arrive at the dealership.
Build date was the second week of October but got moved up to end of second week in September. Ended up being built the 14th or 15th. Ship arrived the beginning of the month and now just waiting.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I noticed people have mentioned tracking the build and the ship. Does the dealer provide you that information?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by longisland2000
I noticed people have mentioned tracking the build and the ship. Does the dealer provide you that information?
Yes on the build. There are codes that are attached to the vehicle that tell the status of the car all along the cycle from order to arrival at the dealership. The dealer can check this at anytime. A list of the codes is attached. The dealer can tell you what ship it is on and when it is scheduled to arrive in port. There are web sights that allow the tracking of the ship while moving. Not sure what they are.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Porsche Codes.doc (68.5 KB, 207 views)
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
that is great stuff, many thanks

Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Just ask your dealer to email you the latest Pro Forma Invoice. On it will be the Order Status. Look at the code and the list I attached and you can see the status at any given time.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Magnetic K is infamous around these parts
Build dates are estimates, and may be delayed. My build date was originally 8/26, but was delayed till a complete date of 9/14.

Your dealer will be able to obtain the vessel name for you to track. I used the site:www.marinetraffic.com, though there are other sites. Or, just google the name of the ship. Google will find your vessel and the tracking site for you. (Interestingly, the vessel, Wisteria Ace, has currently just passed the Panama Canal, delivering more Porsches to the port of Hitachi, Japan [If you google the name of the vessel, you can find its location]) My Cayenne was loaded onto the vessel in Bremerhaven, Germany on 9/17. I was able to track it across the English Channel, but lost it in the Atlantic. There were no updates on the vessel till it hit Nova Scotia. Arrived in port 10/1 according to the website, Davisville, RI. However, the dealer stated that the official port arrival date was 10/3.

However, the Cayenne has been languishing at the port, and has still not arrived at the dealership in Danbury, CT, as of today. It is actually taking longer for the Cayenne to get from RI to CT, than it took for it to cross the Atlantic (16 days) Today is 10/19, so 19 days later, it still has not reached the dealership from the neighboring state. Very frustrating!

My first Porsche in '08 was delivered in a much quicker fashion. It was delivered to the Baltimore, MD dock. If I recall, it took less than two weeks to process and deliver the vehicle up to Danbury, CT, once it arrived at the port.

Last edited by Magnetic K; 10-19-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: 6speed rules do not allow links, so I broke the automatic links
Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 AM
ccexxp1 is infamous around these parts
Build date/delivery facts

My Order date was June 25; build date Aug. 26; delivery date in NYC Sept. 29. I understand that the factory had an extended vacation in Aug., and this car has pano. roof. Waiting is tough.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 PM
kriegsjr is infamous around these parts
Thanks. That is very helpful as I have an estimated completion date of 11/5 and was hoping to have it in South Florida by the endo of November.

Time to temper my enthusiasm.

Originally Posted by Magnetic K
Build dates are estimates, and may be delayed. My build date was originally 8/26, but was delayed till a complete date of 9/14.

Your dealer will be able to obtain the vessel name for you to track. I used the site:www.marinetraffic.com, though there are other sites. Or, just google the name of the ship. Google will find your vessel and the tracking site for you. (Interestingly, the vessel, Wisteria Ace, has currently just passed the Panama Canal, delivering more Porsches to the port of Hitachi, Japan [If you google the name of the vessel, you can find its location]) My Cayenne was loaded onto the vessel in Bremerhaven, Germany on 9/17. I was able to track it across the English Channel, but lost it in the Atlantic. There were no updates on the vessel till it hit Nova Scotia. Arrived in port 10/1 according to the website, Davisville, RI. However, the dealer stated that the official port arrival date was 10/3.

However, the Cayenne has been languishing at the port, and has still not arrived at the dealership in Danbury, CT, as of today. It is actually taking longer for the Cayenne to get from RI to CT, than it took for it to cross the Atlantic (16 days) Today is 10/19, so 19 days later, it still has not reached the dealership from the neighboring state. Very frustrating!

My first Porsche in '08 was delivered in a much quicker fashion. It was delivered to the Baltimore, MD dock. If I recall, it took less than two weeks to process and deliver the vehicle up to Danbury, CT, once it arrived at the port.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Magnetic K

My Cayenne and yours were shipmates. Still waiting also.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Magnetic K is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
My Cayenne and yours were shipmates. Still waiting also.

Hey cool! imcarnuts and my Cayenne are siblings!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To those that Ordered and received 2011 Cayenne