Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just Purchased 2011 Cayenne ** Need Help **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:17 PM
qualitydaydream is infamous around these parts
Just Purchased 2011 Cayenne ** Need Help **

Just purchased a 2011.

The car is for my wife and I have the green light to modify.

Wondering on tire size for 20" wheels. She doesn't want to sacrifice to much comfort. The Cayenne currently has 18"

Next question is we want to put the latest Kenwood navigation dash inside but audio shops or moaning that its difficult because its fiber optics. Is this really the case?

Thanks for the support guys. I will start a build post very soon.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by qualitydaydream
Just purchased a 2011.

The car is for my wife and I have the green light to modify.

Wondering on tire size for 20" wheels. She doesn't want to sacrifice to much comfort. The Cayenne currently has 18"

Next question is we want to put the latest Kenwood navigation dash inside but audio shops or moaning that its difficult because its fiber optics. Is this really the case?

Thanks for the support guys. I will start a build post very soon.
the car has a fully integrated PCM system, all the options and such go thru the headunit,. so adding a Kenwood navigation headunit would actually be a DOWNGRADE. why not invest in adding Navi (im not sure if doable but if so would probably be same price and would be OEM and not ghetto rigged aftermarket.

or buy her a Navi Unit..

the stock headunit is pretty damn remarkable for being OEM... does everything and programmed to be vERY easy to use.. please dont ruin her car.

20" wheels means 2" of sidewall lost which will affect comfort directly... your removing comfort for every inch buy nice tires and you'll save yourself some backache on that end... any wheel sales place near you should be able to sell you wheels... wheelsboutique is a great company.. i would go nice versus cheap as wheels and tires are the only thing actually touching the road.. dont wanna skimp there.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
.... please dont ruin her car..
+1 for that an welcome to the forum.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:37 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
side note, why not order a car with all the options you wanted? (90 days isnt that long to wait and you would get the EXACT car you want (add navi, which is awesome given it is on 7" screen and on the gauge cluster..)

the 20" wheels from factory are expensive so i can understand not ordering them, although the factory 20's are SEXY

Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback guy's.

But it is what it is, we already have the vehicle so asking why we didn't get this or that really doesn't get us anywhere.

Maybe I didn't ask it clearly enough...

1. What's evolved with installed a Kenwood deck into her cayenne and is it really as hard as they say? where can I get the face plate for a 2011?

2. What high quality tire & size do you recommend for 20"s to give her a ride that isnt as much of a sacrifice.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by qualitydaydream
Thanks for the feedback guy's.

But it is what it is, we already have the vehicle so asking why we didn't get this or that really doesn't get us anywhere.

Maybe I didn't ask it clearly enough...

1. What's evolved with installed a Kenwood deck into her cayenne and is it really as hard as they say? where can I get the face plate for a 2011?

2. What high quality tire & size do you recommend for 20"s to give her a ride that isnt as much of a sacrifice.
I can not speak to the Kenwood, but my wife's 2011 Cayenne has 21" wheels and it has a great ride. Way better than my '09 Cayenne with 21s. As far as size goes, stick to the size that Porsche specifies if you had ordered it with 20s. Those engineers at Porsche DO know what they are doing. Just noticed you are new here - Welcome.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 11-11-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 AM
hulahula is infamous around these parts
1. Porsche uses a Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST) fiber optic bus. This is a proprietary technology shared by Audi, BMW, Daimler, Porsche, and a few other manufactures. Your head unit will not be compatible with this system. Aside from being a completely different technology, audio/video/nav units must be licensed by the MOST Cooperative.

http://www.mostcooperation.com

There are a few companies (e.g. Dension, Nav-TV, Mobridge) that have paid a license to develop iPod adapters. MOSTUS Lab has a licensed adapter for aftermarket amps, speakers, and subwoofers. I do not, however, know of any aftermarket manufacturers that make a compatible head unit for MOST systems. In order to install your Kenwood unit, it would require all new amps, speakers, and wiring.

2. For warm weather climates 275/45R20 Michelin Latitude Sport. If you get snow, 275/45R20 Continental CrossContact LX Sport.

Last edited by hulahula; 11-12-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Thank You Team!

Ok so when I go for the 20" & 275/45R20 Michelin Latitude Sport's what do you think about going with the new H&R 1.5" lowering springs?

Any rubbing issues associated with that drop?

I understand going from 18 - 20 will stiffen up the ride a bit but what will the H&R's do for the ride?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
The H&Rs will do MUCH more to stiffen the ride than going from 18 to 20", quite possibly to the point that you will regret it, unless the roads are all perfectly smooth where you live.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by gammaman
The H&Rs will do MUCH more to stiffen the ride than going from 18 to 20", quite possibly to the point that you will regret it, unless the roads are all perfectly smooth where you live.
good to know, how will the SUV look without the lowering springs and with the 20's. will it have that stink bug stance?

Old 11-13-2010, 08:09 AM
hulahula is infamous around these parts
Does your new ride have air suspension? Maybe you should look into a lowering module.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:48 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
I previously had 22" on my cayenne gts. I got the 11 cayenne in 18" knowing I would get another aftermarket set. But Riding on 18 has been so incredible that I can't imaging going back to the harder ride. I would agree 20 would be more ideal, but don't let the H&R ruin it for your wife.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
No Air suspension. I've decided not to drop it but rather paint the moldings the same as body color.

Planning on installing a new navigation, speakers, and amp to bypass the in dash nav issue.