Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Some pics of my new 2011 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Some pics of my new 2011 Cayenne Turbo

Hi.
I thought it was time to post some photos of the new Cayenne Turbo.
The driving dynamics of this particular build (PTV, PDCC) is simply amazing. I moved from a 2008 Cayenne GTS with PDCC, and once you have it, it is hard to give up. The handling is great, and the power seems unlimited. Drove to dinner last night in the rain and the Cayenne felt so sure-footed that I found myself driving perhaps faster than normal. But never any drama. We are so pleased with this vehicle, and as I mentioned in a previous post, my wife and I both want to always drive it. It is her main car (I drive a 2009 C4S Cabriolet) but I could easily drive this every day and have no complaints.
The interior is perfect. Full leather (standard on Turbo's) is so luxurious. The 3 or 4 couples we have gone to dinner with (who all want to carpool with us) in the last few weeks all comment on how gorgeous the interior is, and comfortable. Back seats are a big improvement.
The 18-way seats are also a win. I was nervous about not getting the 14-way seats, but once you are in, they are so comfortable, and hold you. The 14-way seats are easier to get in and out of (the thigh bolsters are not as tall on the 14-way seats) but once you are in, I definitely prefer the 18's.
I was actually looking for a car with the Turbo II wheels, which I love, but I do love the 21 Sport Wheels that were on this particular Cayenne. I actually love them more and more each day.
Lastly, the comfort features I will always have on my Porsches are ventilated seats (love them on my 911), multifunction steering wheel, and heated steering wheel. Really dumb that they don't make this a no-cost option on the sports pack, as then it really is best of both worlds. Just my 2 cents.
This 2011 Cayenne Turbo is 100% a home run.

Attached Images      
Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
More photos...

Attached Images      
Old 11-28-2010, 10:41 AM
last set

Attached Images      
Old 11-28-2010, 10:53 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Before hunkering down for some football and honey roasted peanuts...

The more reviews I read, from actual owners/drivers and not some magazine, the more this vehicle is starting to make sense for myself. What I am seeing or actually not seeing is inventory for well optioned vehicles. I hope I have not waited too long. The waiting was brought on by buying new models in the past and getting stung by the bee.

Congrats and many happy miles to you both!

Old 11-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Aperture776 is infamous around these parts
Great review and congrats on the new car!

Old 11-28-2010, 10:56 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
congrats and looks good

Old 11-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
JCBH-
Can you provide a small extra write-up on the seats. I as well own. 2008 gts with pdcc. My concern is the 18 way seats wint be as comfortable as I want on longer or daily drives as the 14 way seats. I am not a huge fan of the comfort of the 2008 gts as all! With that said please give me more feedback on your 18 vs 14 vs gts. Your answer might sway me with my order. Currently I have the 14 way on the build sheet but have a month to decide for sure.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Seats are such a personal preference - I am normal size and my wife is petite...for both of us there was no contest in terms of comfort. The 18's are more comfortable to us. That being said, the 14's are easier to get in and out of, especially for my wife, as it is harder for her to hop up over those bolsters. Even that being the case, she absolutely loves them and it is now a non-issue for either of us. They are a pleasure.
The best way to decide is try driving with both, and try getting in and outwith both...your body will tell you!

Old 11-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Drove both seats for a few days each, leaning towards the 14 way in my ctt, but just don't want something I dont have once they arrive. With that said I do not like my gts ride comfort, too harsh and not great for long time drives....

Old 11-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Personally, I find driving the 2011 chassis much better than the 2008 GTS...it was heavy and felt lethargic...even the new Cayenne S feels much more nimble...it is a lot lighter, and that translates to driving dynamics. As for seats, I liked the GTS seats, but I LOVE the new 18's. I guess it just depends on taste and how you drive. Both are great.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:28 AM
slwong23 is infamous around these parts
Great pics! She's a beauty. I don't see many with those wheels, they look great! Congrats!

Old 11-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks! I too love the wheels...they fill the wheel well nicely and have an interesting look to them.
They have really grown on me. At first I wanted the Turbo II wheel, but my wife preferred these. Either look great to me.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:56 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
JCBH, stunning beauty and very nice review. Jace and I debated back and forth on a different thread, me in favor of the 18-way seats just for it's much sportier look given it's prominent sculpted style and snug fit. The 14's look is way too common IMO. However it's such a personal thing and one has to take an extended drive before they decide. I will tell you one thing. The 14 ways will never be uncomfortable to almost any of us. The same cannot be said of the 18 ways which is more similar to the adaptive sport seats of the 911s.

Coming to PDCC/PTV, everyone here knows that those are the first two options I would recommend on a SUV made by PORSCHE (although I did not drive one as none of the existing inventory had it back then) ... Thank you for sharing your take on those two performance upgrades. PRS 7, you wont see very many extremely well optioned Cayennes on the lot since it will drive the price way up. Ask all of us who have custom ordered .. We know how light our wallet feels.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-28-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:01 PM
hah...and another big difference of cars on the lots vs. ordering are many of the earlier builds did not have the Premium Package Plus, but had some of the options, but made the prices higher...for those in the market, getting cars with packages makes a big difference, either making it cheaper, or getting you into options that maybe you wouldn't necessarily order and pay for, but you end up liking them once you have them. Same goes for the sports package, but I got the options as piecemeal since I LOVE the multifunction wheel. It is perfect. Don't care about the paddles. I actually like the normal PDK switches, and got used to them on my 911, and was actually shown how to drive with them properly when I went to the Porsche Sports Driving School in the July 2009. I know that is a controversial topic, but I do love them.
The other option I really love is the Lane Change Assist. It has become so handy, especially in traffic, and makes things easier. I am worried that since I don't have it on my 911 when I don't see the amber lights, I am going to now change lanes!!! That would be bad.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:09 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Ya be careful your judgement will be altered by the LCA amber sensitization. I suggest you let your wife do most of the Cayenne driving ;-)

BTW, any real noticeable blue hue to your JBM. How R U liking the color. I too love your wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my new 2011 Cayenne Turbo