Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Cayenne : If you could build again/add...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
AppleChilli is infamous around these parts
2011 Cayenne : If you could build again/add...?

What would be your build or add?

I'm happy with my build; however, if I could do it again with a similar budget i'd do it like this (disclaimer if someone builds it like this I'm going to be sick with jealousy ):

92AAH1 Cayenne S Tiptronic $63,700
Individualisation
Category Order no. Individual equipment Prices*
Packages PU3 Premium Package Plus $11,650
Exterior Color R6 Sand White $0
Interior Color TW Two-tone Leather Interior in
Black/Titanium Blue $4,085
Exterior 1D6 Trailer Coupling without Removable
Ball Joint $650
3FU Panorama Roof System $660
3S5 Roof Rails / Drip Rails with Black
finish $820
AAH Separation Edge Painted Exclusive $560
AAT Porsche Logo and Model Designation
Painted Exclusive $595
QJ4 Exterior Package in High-gloss Black $150
VW5 Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass
with Privacy Glass $1,120
Performance 0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank $0
1BK Air Suspension with Self-levelling and
Height Adjustment with PASM $0
1Y1 Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV
Plus) $1,490
Wheels CP5 20" RS Spyder Design Wheel $3,120
Interior 1ML Three-spoke Sports Steering Wheel
with Paddles $0
6A7 Fire Extinguisher $140
7V3 Instruments Dials in White Exclusive $860
9JA Non-smoker Package $0
PE5 14-way Power Seats with Memory
Package $0
Interior Aluminum 5TE Brushed Aluminum Interior Package $995
Audio and Communications 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System $1,690
QR1 Compass Display on Instrument Panel $420
Destination Charge Amount $975

Vehicle price $93,680

***Couldn't keep the price near what I initially built for*** However, if I could do it again it would be similar to this...

What would you delete/add?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Applechili: What car are you getting ? The A8 or the CS ? I remember you were debating at one point. What is the status of your order ?

Okay now for the additions:

1. PDCC (I am spoilt by the 911 and my wifes MINI hence absolutely despise bodyroll and there WAS bodyroll when I test drove a base CS ... and unlike most, I drive quite a bit on twisty roads, mountain terrain, ice and snow. I dont drive like a maniac but do love driving a little on the edgy side).

2. Color is such a personal choice but espr/cognac or umber/tartufo (cognac may be too rich for some and tartufo is more of a earth tone) would go better with sand white.

3. Compass is worth the splurge for it's looks but why a whole host of other frills like painting on the model designation and white dials. Spend that $$ on a PDCC and may be even a safety feature like ACC. Too many knuckleheads on the road texting/talking on the phone and braking suddenly...the ACC will prevent you from rear ending.

4. Unless you are uncomfortable on a 18-way, my vote is hands down for the 18-ways for its snug cocoon like fit and the sculpted look that is so much in tune with the rest of the sporty character of the vehicle. But it is more proned for side bolster wear as time goes by unless you get in and out of the car as anally as I do.

5. If you are not too much of a music lover then the Bose is fine. Otherwise BURM baby...there is no substitute. BTW, if you travel a lot XM radio is a must in my books.

6. I like your choice of wheels and the fir extinguisher. I have both those on my order. Every car should have a fire extinguisher IMO. How about rear side airbags and 4-zone climate control ?

Thats it for now apple.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 AM
CAYENNE S

I have an unusual situation.

My order was placed in early September on a CS with 3% down. The A8 was something that I had been following for a while. Fortunately, I can get 2010 pricing on an A8L, of which I have a down payment on as well (more as placeholder/plan B at this point). While a marvelous vehicle, the A8L isn't for me at this point in my life.

The CS that I built and tried changing a month or so ago is as follows:

Black/black, PU2, Burm, pano.

I had a certain price point and stuck with it. The post above would have been the way that I would have done it. Even then, there are a few changes that I would make based on reading your recent post (always seems to be the case, lol.). With so many options, unless you get every option and have no $limits, it's hard not wishing that you would have done this or that. Adds that immediately come to mind are: Roof rails/PTV/cooled seats, if given the opportunity.

It's a never ending target.

All said, I'm happy with my build, which was built 11/16 and as of 11/22 was placed on a vessel headed my way!

At this point, the wait is more of an obstacle. I've been passing the time by posting and going to the dealer from time to time to get more familiar.

Went and drove the V6 last night, hence my comments about PASM. ...that V6 isn't a bad place to be... Also, it's not a bad place to be sitting on the sidelines soaking up all the good information and learning from everyone else's experiences.

No wrong choices/no regrets any 2011 Cayenne is a great option!

***Specifically, if you are in the market for a 2011 Cayenne!!!***

Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
2011 Cayenne S with just PASM and no other performance upgrades or frills is still a very good vehicle. Everything above and beyond that is just adding to what is already a top performer. Do what suits your budget and there is no reason to second guess or regret your decision.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
2011 Cayenne S with just PASM and no other performance upgrades or frills is still a very good vehicle. Everything above and beyond that is just adding to what is already a top performer. Do what suits your budget and there is no reason to second guess or regret your decision.
Absolutely! Porsche is very good at what they do, even structuring the builds to maximize profits. The build that I quoted could stand to lose a few frills; however, in order to get a Cayenne (?) nicely equipped you will be looking at the next model or make of Porsche.

I'm good, and even though some damage was done the victim (in this case, my wallet) will survive to see better days.

Now let's see some of the those fantasy within budget rebuilds. I'll give you a nudge 18 way seats...something that you would add or change about your current build.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Here is my order for your rebuild suggestions Applechili:

Cayenne S Tiptronic

2T Jet Black Metallic
VB 2-toneNaturLthrEspresso/Cognac

0M1 Extended Range Fuel Tank
2ZH Heated3-spokeMultifuncLeathrSW
4X4 Side Airbags rear
1D6 TrailerCouplw/o RemovBallJoint
3FU Panorama Roof System
1BK AirSusp-Selflvl&HeightAdj-PASM
1NP WheelHbCvr w/ColorPorscheCrest
1Y1 PTV Plus