Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

V1 in a 2011 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
V1 in a 2011 Cayenne

Has anyone done a hardwire Valentine 1 installation in a 2011? I'm still using the lighter socket but would like to hardwire it. Unfortunately, the V1 reboots every time the engine shuts off and on again when the car is in the auto-stop mode. So the question is can you tap in anywhere that won't cause the V1 to reboot when autostop is deployed? I'm afraid the answer is going to be no, due to the voltage surge when the engine re-starts.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
dw9982 is infamous around these parts
do you have Lane Change Assistance on your car? I am interested in purchasing the V1 but have heard interference. You can probably tap power from the upper console where the lights and switches are.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Aren't one of the two sockets under the glove box switched to the car being in and the other on always?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Run the hardwire kit from the fusebox in the drivers footwell up the A-pillar into the roofline, hooked to an ignition input. The Kit has the fusebox interface already installed. Works great on all 3 of my hardwires.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by dw9982
do you have Lane Change Assistance on your car? I am interested in purchasing the V1 but have heard interference. You can probably tap power from the upper console where the lights and switches are.
No, don't have lane change. Also didn't get dynamic cruise control and heated windshield for fear they may interfere w/radar detector.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Botox
Run the hardwire kit from the fusebox in the drivers footwell up the A-pillar into the roofline, hooked to an ignition input. The Kit has the fusebox interface already installed. Works great on all 3 of my hardwires.

So if you are using the auto stop feature in the Panamera, does it cause the radar detector to reboot when the engine restarts?

Old 12-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
You can always enclose the radar externally under the hood near the bottom so it has rear detection as well. This way the glass is a non issue an you can still have your V1z
That's my plan at least. Then I'll get the dash conceal display.
And my laser interceptor is external so no worry there as well.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
You can always enclose the radar externally under the hood near the bottom so it has rear detection as well. This way the glass is a non issue an you can still have your V1z
That's my plan at least. Then I'll get the dash conceal display.
And my laser interceptor is external so no worry there as well.
Jace, you install the laser interceptor yet? If so, can you post pics of the install? I'm highly considering this when i take delivery of mine next month.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Havent quite had the time yet, but already contacted my installer and he is researching different options being that the setup inside with the button will be different than my GtS. Might also do the external enclosed hidden mounted V1 bc of the thermal glass and plus I just want minimal clutter inside
I will try and post pics in the next weeks when I hopefully will have the time to take it in. He's finishing a panamera and a italia currently so he was busy as well.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Havent quite had the time yet, but already contacted my installer and he is researching different options being that the setup inside with the button will be different than my GtS. Might also do the external enclosed hidden mounted V1 bc of the thermal glass and plus I just want minimal clutter inside
I will try and post pics in the next weeks when I hopefully will have the time to take it in. He's finishing a panamera and a italia currently so he was busy as well.
Cool. Would love to see what they come up with.

Love this pod from Ai Design for the display!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 PM
yodicken is infamous around these parts
ACC & LCA Assist with V1

I spoke to Valentine and yes there is interference, but you can look up on the site or they will walk you through the fix.

The answer is to turn off the Pop sensitivity and the problem goes away. It took him 2 minutes to help me and I have had no falses since then.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
This maybe of some help for others that have lca and a v1:

www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

Get into programming and turn off Feature "J."

Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Botox
Botox,
is there are specific fuse # or letter that it should be plugged into?

Also I have been using my V1 through the lighter socket and I have LCA and radar cruise, there is no interference or false alarms from these systems.

If anyone knows which fuse to plug into, I would really appreciate it.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 PM
scottlma is infamous around these parts
i have an 11 CS with LCA:

On wiring - Valentine just introduced a new device called SAVVY - it plugs into the interface port under the dash (no tool required) and has the equivolent of the hardwire kit attached to it - so you can plug the V1 and the remote display right in. took me 2 minutes to snake the wire through the drivers-side fusebox to the interface port. Luckily I had previously had the V1 professionally hardwired, so the cable running up the A pillar and across the headliner was already done. This SAVVY thing is great - has a little dial that you select a speed under which it automatically mutes the V1 - so, you no longer have to keep hitting the button in parking lots or driving by the local supermarket, etc. I have mine set to 37 MPH - works great (I generally do not fly through residential areas, so don't mind losing the tones under 37 MPH)

LCA interference: previous posts correct - V1 useless with LCA if POP not disabled. Easy to disable POP and problem goes away, and since almost no cops use POP (at least according to Valentine) no big loss. UNLESS.... i just moved to NJ, which is one of the places that actually uses POP - I love my Valentine, but am NOT happy with them about no real fix for this yet. Im just waiting for my first ticket via a pop gun.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Aren't one of the two sockets under the glove box switched to the car being in and the other on always?
Ok you got me looking. I didnt know these existed, there are no mention of them in the manual. I did find the sockets you are talking about. However mine has only one socket, and an empty hole next to it, assuming for the second missing socket. Unfortunately the socket is not switched.

Are there any switched power where I can tap into?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V1 in a 2011 Cayenne