Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Maintenance costs on a 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:15 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Maintenance costs on a 2011

Are maintenance costs high on these cars? What kinds of costs should i be expecting on a yearly basis, figuring 15,000mi a year?

Old 01-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
The first 3 yrs if you avg 15k miles a yr will be minimal since your vehicle will be under the factory warranty.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GBXSport
Are maintenance costs high on these cars? What kinds of costs should i be expecting on a yearly basis, figuring 15,000mi a year?
Yes, compared to a Honda Pilot or Hyundai Santa Fe.
Yes, compared to a Infiniti FX or Acura RDX
No compared to a soon to arrive Maserati SUV.

The point here is when you buy a Porsche (as much as I hate to tell you this ... and I do know that others would disagree) it's almost never about $$$. But I can relate to your question. For atleast the first couple of years, people spend anywhere from $180 to $250 for annual maintenance (oil changes etc) for their 911s depending on whether they have a PCA discount and I am guessing that it would not be very much different for a Cayenne.

Other charges for a typical 911: Brake fluid flush every 2 years, $250? A set of brake pads all around, $400. A 4 year/40000 mile major service: oil & filter, transmission oil, coolant, engine air filter, spark plugs, accessory belt, cabin air filter, brake fluid flush check everything and nut & bolt the car: $1300. The biggest expense for a 911 is however the tires: 10-12K for rears & 20-22K for fronts, without doing track events. A full set of Michelins PS2's, mail ordered& installed, will leave little change from $2000.
Even a simple flat tire can turn into two new tires for the owner who wants even wear and no weak spots. Don't forget the car insurance which can be steep too.

So now that I've scared you enough ... let me make you feel better: I have never owned a Cayenne

Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE

The point here is when you buy a Porsche (as much as I hate to tell you this ... and I do know that others would disagree) it's almost never about $$$. But I can relate to your question. For atleast the first couple of years, people spend anywhere from $180 to $250 for annual maintenance (oil changes etc) for their 911s depending on whether they have a PCA discount and I am guessing that it would not be very much different for a Cayenne.

Other charges for a typical 911: Brake fluid flush every 2 years, $250? A set of brake pads all around, $400. A 4 year/40000 mile major service: oil & filter, transmission oil, coolant, engine air filter, spark plugs, accessory belt, cabin air filter, brake fluid flush check everything and nut & bolt the car: $1300. The biggest expense for a 911 is however the tires: 10-12K for rears & 20-22K for fronts, without doing track events. A full set of Michelins PS2's, mail ordered& installed, will leave little change from $2000.
Even a simple flat tire can turn into two new tires for the owner who wants even wear and no weak spots. Don't forget the car insurance which can be steep too.

So now that I've scared you enough ... let me make you feel better: I have never owned a Cayenne
haha. Love it Woot! I was just curious. I guess you gotta pay to play . I'm coming from a BMW and they pay for everything, so anything more will be expensive!!

Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
yes, compared to a BMW your expenses will go up, but all in all you will be in a much better car. Oil changes are more than bmw x5s. get used to it. you will love your porsche.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
check 6 is infamous around these parts
My wife and I had a 2008 Cayenne GTS for almost two years (about 20 months) and put 24,000 miles on it including almost 2000 miles of towing in the mountains pulling the 911 on it's trailer. The vehicle was fantastic. Mileage was fair, 15 in town at best and almost 19 on the road. 13 was the best for towing. That said our only expenses were oil changes every 5000 miles, my choice and new rear tires at 22,000 miles. Only reason it is not still with use is a young man in a Suberban that failed to slow while we were stopped at a light and hit us hard in the rear. He was texting. That said his vehicle was towed away and we drove the Cayenne over 40 miles at highway speeds to the dealer for repair. It did crab somewhat. Interestingly the rear hatch (which was replaced) still opened, closes and latched electrically. The repairs were extensive and the dealer advised us to part with it. Well we have been a year without a Cayenne but that will only last about 45 more days as our 2011 "S" will be here the end of Feb. I also have a 997 and a Cayman and all the maintenance is very reasonable for the class of vehicle. The fun of driving, the comfort, the quality of construction AND THE SAFETY more than offset the cost of operation. Sorry for the length

Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 PM
TexasPorsche is infamous around these parts
When I asked dealer today he said figure $600-650/ year based on 12000 miles.

Also he said you could prepay maintenance from Porsche with about a 30% discount.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TexasPorsche
When I asked dealer today he said figure $600-650/ year based on 12000 miles.

Also he said you could prepay maintenance from Porsche with about a 30% discount.
Pre-pay? Never heard of that.

Thanks

Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
fekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to beholdfekgt3 is a splendid one to behold
Have an 09 with 38,000 miles and car computer tells you when oil needs to be changed. I don't listen to the dealer recommendations and I am 400 or so miles away from 4th since new. Car has been perfect.
Brakes and tires probably getting close to needing replaced. I guess it comes down to how car is used, I tread lightly with the truck and save abuse for GT3.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM
xcv
xcv is infamous around these parts
How much should a front brake job cost? About to get the first one and the dealer said something like 1000+ for pads and rotors.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
dajadeturtle is infamous around these parts
Avg yearly miles 18K and if memory serves my correctly my baby only went to the dealer twice. First was for a weak motor mount on top the dog-bone looking one. the second time for a coil pack replacement, and while it was there negotiated to have the plugs done, and the brake fluid flush, don't think i spent more than $350 for it...

In terms of what has been spent or changed for my maintenance see below:

Tires (2x), Brake Pads (3X), Rotors 1X, oil was changed every 5k-7k, even though actual maintenance it was scheduled for the 20K. Always used genuine OEM parts from the dealer purchased at shop price. Tires sourced locally and with 5% less than tirerack (again shop price).

Oil filters $10-13 depending on how many purchased at the same time...
Brake pads Pagid, ATE, Brembo, all from dealer in the 955-XXXXXXXXX box where around $130-$135 range also sensors $13-14... (fronts 3x, rears 2x (rotors front and rear still never saw the invoice on them and the bill has not arrived since last Feb 2010 I put $400 in the till towards it))
Mobil 1 (0w40), or (5w40) synthetics always used x 9 bottles each fill, didn't get this weight oil at a great price $5-7a quart, sometimes i picked up from local speed shop, if it was 0w30 or 5w30 could have paid under $4 a quart...
Tires $230 for the Goodyear LS, back in 2007, and in late 2009 or early 2010 I got the continental DWS for around $185ish (275/45/19)
Air filters got the K&N panels for $90 delivered to the house.

I also picked up the Durametric software for the oil light reset. So since labor has been free for me since its myself or my pal doing the work and lucky to have gotten the parts discounted just add figure between $25-75 an hour labor for independent service visits and add 20%-25% on prices quoted for parts...

Truth it has been a pleasure to own and I really enjoy driving or being driven in it... My other half has now claimed it as her daily driver /commuter car for the last couple years and even she will give it some stick every once in a while. The cayenne will still avg close to 20mpg on highway and maybe 8-10 on straight city driving...

Future maintenance I plan to let her go for a dealer visit again for the coil pack updates before the 100K and will let them change the plugs again. Also I plan to try the a 20 inch replica of the 18" turbo wheel of my 1st gen Cayenne... may buy 6 copies in case of possible future bends or severe curb rash I'm in NYC, may even try a sprint booster. I have owned mine now 4.5yrs picked up with 9 miles on the clock, currently 72k+ I would like to think I can get 250K out of her.....

Last edited by dajadeturtle; 02-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
buy the maintenance plan. problem solved.
you guys think the maintenance plan is worth it?

Old 02-21-2011, 04:04 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
What's the cost of it and what does it cover? I dont see it listed on the website, and when I asked my sales rep he said California doesn't have it

Old 06-22-2015, 01:26 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE

I totally agree with your points. I have 2014 Porsche cayenne. I just did 10K service at FJ in Fremont less $300, oil & filter and carbin filter. I know how to do it. I think it is fair price for this service including inspection. Parts is less than $150. It probably takes me more than hour underneath of the car. I Worth it. I have no way to reset 2014 Service indicator. if it is too expensive i should buy TOYOTA. LOL !!!!

There is no substitution for Porsche. I have X5 and CLS. Porsche is truly amazing !!!

Doug

Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
I have 2014 Cayene. I just brought it into my local porsche stevenscreek for 20000K miles schedule service. it is $850 service, oil change, air filter and carbin filter including 10% off with coupon. I have MB and BMW, the service cost is less than Porsche by far. I think my next car will be Tesla S. I will start do the air filter and carbin filter by myself. Bring the porsche to dealer for oil change and reset the service message, $250.

Painful !!! don't have the money tree in the backyard. LOL ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maintenance costs on a 2011