Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:05 AM
sajafzal is infamous around these parts
Fantastic Post

Hi w00t, inspirational post , and more than very helpful, I have paid a deposit with build this December 2011, this at my request, like yourself keep my cars for at least 4 years if not longer.

Having driven the new Cayenne its just sensational, if you need to know I will be getting the diesel, find myself on the car builder on Porsches website at least once a week, spec as of last week below, maybe you guys can help with comments after the options

This will be my first ever Porsche and will replace my 2007 X5 diesel

Cayenne Diesel (the one to have in the UK, imho)

Jet Black Metallic (definite never had a black car before)

Black leather interior, smooth-finish leather (Black, 3 kids and a dog)

Deletion of model designation (keep it simple)

SportDesign package with side skirts (need to see in the flesh)

Panoramic Roof System (have this on my current car X5)

Powerliftgate (getting old so the wife says or is it lazy, both really)

Porsche Entry & Drive (Covered above)

Privacy glass (Prefer the look and hides the kids toys)

Reversing camera including ParkAssist front and rear (did I mention lazy)

Bi-Xenon lighting system in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (dark and wet nights here in the uk)

Tail lights with tinted glass look (need to see in the flesh)

Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors (why not)

Exterior Package in Black (suits colour combo I am getting imo)

Sports tailpipes (need to see and hear)

Air suspension with self-levelling and height adjustment incl. Porsche Active
Suspension Management (PASM) (21 Wheels and London roads)

Turbo II wheel with Wheel Arch Extension (I am not that old)

Heated multi-function steering wheel (Have got use to this in current X5)

Electric sunblinds rear side windows (kids loved it there very own partion)

Heated seats front and rear (Kids want the same as dad)

Seat ventilation front (unsure help please)

Sidebags rear (Kids)

Lane Change Assist (unsure, rear and side visibility not great in Cayenne)

4-zone climate control (Kids are getting spoilt, and prefer the look)

Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (very comfy but only ever sat in these in the showroom)

Light comfort package (heard the lightings nice)

HomeLink® (hopefully it will work the one in the X5 never has)

Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front and rear (personal Vanity never had a Porsche)

Aluminium Tiptronic S gear selector (need to see in flesh)

Door sill guards in stainless steel ,illuminated (very unsure is this just overkill)

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module (much needed)

Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System (I sell top end hifi so a must have)

Preparation for mobile phone (Goes without saying)

Compass display at instrument panel (dashboard looks empty without imho)

Universal audio interface (Kids have ipods)

Old 06-22-2011, 10:52 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Nice build, the diesel is the way to go. Congrats. Will post some pics of interior when I return back home. Need to also continue my review of other options including the review of favorite performance options but have been very busy at work and w/ quite a bit of travel...

Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
afzal bhai,

Kiya hal hai.
Sounds like a fantastic car.
I have a very similar car minus the diesel engine as they do not have it here in the usa.

a lof of option you got were the same as mine.
pan roof - yes, must get it. The kids love it. I will have a kid in November and she will want it.
Ventilated seats - must have it. I bought it without trying it and now will not buy a car without it.
Heated seats - absolutely. The passengers in the back needs some love too.
Heated steering wheel - I skipped this one. I got the alum center with paddles. I had the heated steering wheel on my previous Cayenne and was the biggest waste of money. It never heated up like the BMWs and was sorely disappointed. hence didn't get it this time around.
Air Suspension - yes, worth the money. Especially if you get the bigger wheels which you did and i did as well. Wife loves the comfort and I love the sport mode. Yeah for both of us. Victory!!!
Jet black metallic - i had basalt in the previous cayenne and this time this was the closest to it. It's really nice under the sun. I went out and got all the best waxes for the blk beauty.
black interior - I like the blk/blk combo. It's like an Emporio Armani at the Emmy
Powertailgate- yes. I never had it. but what the heck. Wife can enjoy it.
Porsche Entry - kewl and like it a lot. Hate looking for the damn keys when I have things on my hand (bags etc.)
Sports tail pipe - i am getting custom ones for my car. Pix will tell. yes again.
Privacy - We need it. Kids want privacy. They think it's a kewl option.
porsce crest - it's too inexpensive to pass it by. Get it.

Will post pix next week as wheels, tail pipes, interior bits will get installed.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM
sajafzal is infamous around these parts
Thankyou

Hi

Not sure about the Bhai, I am not that old, i dont think !!

Thanks for you comments

Yep agree Pano roof I have on my current X5 would not buy a car without it

Ventilated seats, never had so was not sure you have pushed me close to ticking that box

Yes will always have heated seats now

Shame but will still order heated steering wheel, got to use to it in the X5, noted not as good

Going to Silverstone driving experience day first week of August hopefully the will have a decent spec Cayenne there

Cant wait to see the new sport kit on the car

Saj

Old 08-19-2011, 07:11 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Black Pepper S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brez
Congrats Woots!
Tell me how is the Pano roof???!

Do you feel the temp difference due to the glass? Is the shade (perforated?) sufficiently darken or shade the interior? Any complaints from back seat passengers about being too bright even with the shade drawn?
Tia
Brez
I have the Panoramic roof in my Cayenne S and have not heard any complaints from the rear passengers about the sun being intrusive. It does seem to get a little warmer (when it was clear skies and 85 degrees+ outside) but a bump in AC fan speed solves that issue. The shade does block out the sun rather effectively without being a "black-out" curtain. The shade is like putting a dimmer switch on the outside light (takes the sun light down to 40%-50% in my estimation).The beauty of the shade is that it can be customized to cover as much of the roof as you want. So you can block out the sun in the back but keep the front passengers basking in its glow...even with the roof open.

You get a much larger open-air experience with this roof system. Totally worth the cost for less than $700 extra. If you have a lighter colored car, it offers great contrast as well. My wife has a white 2010 E class with a panoramic roof which just looks awesome and adds great flair to the vehicle.

Last edited by Black Pepper S; 08-19-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: typos
Old 08-20-2011, 07:52 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Nice one pepper. Here is some eye candy ( has the snow shoes on that I got from Jace) for making my day.... been crazy busy lately at work. More reviews to come shortly ... stay tuned.

Attached Images  

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 08-20-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Hi 18's and scorpions glad to see you're being put to great use. hope he's taking care of you the way I did.

I will need to buy some 20 inch winter wheels to clear my ceramics for the winter.....
And I guess I will have to manage with 20 inch perelli scorpion ice and snow tires.....

I'll take some recommendations, but so I do not hijack thread just PM me suggestions or start a different thread for winter tires/wheels .

Such a beauty that JBM is when clean!!! Great ride friend.

I'm having withdrawal, mine has been in the shop for the last three weeks. Been driving around in a 106k optioned panamara S.

It's just okay.

Last edited by Jace; 08-28-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 AM
SPLU is infamous around these parts
Dear w00t:

First, let me also join the others in saying thank you for your series of very informative postings. I've been "shopping" for a CS for several months now, and find your posts to have been quite helpful in focusing the direction and details of my build. I should be pulling the trigger soon, and wanted to request you to provide the group with your formal analysis of PTV and/or PDCC. I am torn to be frank. If I had an unlimited budget I would get both, but since I'm already feeling the pinch, I'm thinking of opting for PTV, and leaving PDCC alone. This is because I drove a PTV/PDCC vehicle and loved the "turing on rails" feeling that I think the PTV offered (this was tested on highway off/on ramps. However, when making puposeful and forceful lane changes back and forth to test the PDCC, I did not perceive much difference btwn this vehicle compared to a non PTV/PDCC vehicle (in terms of body roll) which I drove the same day on the same roads. Having said that, I can see myself kicking myself about missing out on PDCC for $3500, which in the scheme of a $90k build is probably not that big of a deal.

In addition to the PTV/PDCC review, can you also please comment on how the high gloss black is holding up after 9 months? I will likely order meteor grey with espresso/cognac inside, and debting btwn black vs anthracite birch.

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 AM
uaeflyaudio is infamous around these parts
Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 AM
High gloss black holding up very well. But I use a california duster every week especially before I clean the interior with Griot's interior cleaner. I can easily see how someone who is not as careful during cleaning induce swirls on it especially if u let dirt sit on it and then one of the passengers just wipe it in a carelesss fashion. Mine looks pristine. On the Pdcc/ptv option. My answer is simple. If all you have is straight line highway commute then go with just PTV. But if you have several twisty roads like I do or if u ever plan to take it to a track, U will regret not getting PDCC. My full review on these will follow very soon.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 09-29-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:21 AM
SPLU is infamous around these parts
Thanks w00t!

Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 AM
TripleL is infamous around these parts
I've been lurking on 6Speed for a few years now. Learned so much from this community! Although I ordered a Macan S it was the discussions here in the 958 forum that made my process easier and enjoyable.

Many of the threads I had subscribed to assisted me in selecting what options I wanted for my 1st Porsche but this thread in particular was such a value add that I wanted to bump it up as a thank you, and in hopes others looking for the perfect options for their new ride would also make good use of it.

Cheers