Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:19 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brez
Congrats Woots!
Tell me how is the Pano roof???!

Do you feel the temp difference due to the glass? Is the shade (perforated?) sufficiently darken or shade the interior? Any complaints from back seat passengers about being too bright even with the shade drawn?
Tia
Brez
Brez, pana is a must have. Atrium like effect, no rattling or wind noise, shade is more than sufficient to darken. My back seat passengers aka my 9 and 11 yr old daughters love it. I have thermal insole glass it's not hot at all even with scorching sun. The pan even without the thermal glass I think would be okay even in warm climate.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
ronl is infamous around these partsronl is infamous around these parts
wOOt.... you are an inspiration. Much I my order is based on your thinking and research. And here you are a man with a big smile.

It sounds as though the winter 18s with all the suspension goodies provided one sticky sports car ride. what increases in handling are you expecting come summer tire time?

Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys for the nice comments and best wishes. The more I drive this beast, I just have to say one thing: A vehicle that looks, weighs and feels (atleast during the initial few minutes inside the cabin) this heavy has no business to handle the way it does. Most of the questions will be answered as I review each option that I ordered individually and I have decided to just use this thread for that rather than opening individual threads to make it easier for the potential future Cayenne owners.

Here you go. I'm starting off with the option list on the w00tMOBILE.... HOPE YOU ALL WILL ENJOY THE RIDE. Please let me know your thoughts. Your comments (both positive and negative) will elevate this thread to the next level. So don't hold back.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:23 PM
dw9982 is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome. Looks like the wait has paid off. All that handling is on winter tires too, just imagine how much better it would be on summer tires! Enjoy.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Options on the w00tMOBILE: Deletion of model designation

Why did I order it: Felt that Cayenne S badging with the PORSCHE was somewhat crowded. I've always preferred the PORSCHE only lettering on my Carrera 3.2's rear reflector. The obvious choice was to delete the Cayenne S.

My review: Cleaner look, PORSCHE script is more centered. It's already making it an easier sell to label it (to those with envy) as a very lightly optioned base Cayenne for under 50K and that keeps them happy... and me too.

If I had to do it again: Definite yes. Probably would have liked to color the PORSCHE lettering to match the exterior color to blend in and minimize the "looks" that all vehicles that carry the PORSCHE badging gets at almost every traffic light. This aluminum really stands out in contrast on the jet black metallic exterior color but you know what ... I like the contrast.

Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-23-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:42 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Congrats and please post some more interior shots if you can...

J

Old 01-23-2011, 07:46 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
w00t, i am thinking about removing "PORSCHE" and leaving only "Cayenne turbo" but am concerned that "Cayenne turbo" font is too small to be left alone. What do you think?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
great applicatin of the 18s.........the air suspension i am assuming makes the wheels look great.

I see people give those wheels away cheap and it really looks strong on your sled!!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 PM
AppleChilli is infamous around these parts
Great shots and comments; keep em' coming!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM
ronl is infamous around these partsronl is infamous around these parts
The pictures show your canvas more than words though I very much like both.
This thread can/should be treated well.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful pics,thanks for sharing with all of us

Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
RobsCountach is infamous around these parts
Appears your wheel-to-arch gap is smaller than mine (we both run 18s) while running, so I'm guessing Porsche tighten'd that up.

We're running the same Wheels, but I don't like mine... Needs 20s on 275/45/20 tires for me. Yours is acceptable to me.

Can't wait to see your Summer Setup !!!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! It's a beautiful car, and hope you enjoy the long term ownership.

Given that the vehicle is on winter tires, I bet you can't wait for the summer.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by ok_computadora
w00t, i am thinking about removing "PORSCHE" and leaving only "Cayenne turbo" but am concerned that "Cayenne turbo" font is too small to be left alone. What do you think?
Either one is fine not both IMO although there is nothing wrong with that. I personally love the PORSCHE lettering from the earlier 911s and wanted my wife's Cayenne to pay tribute to the iconic classic 911s.

Originally Posted by cordsig79
great applicatin of the 18s.........the air suspension i am assuming makes the wheels look great.

I see people give those wheels away cheap and it really looks strong on your sled!!
Yes had the AS in the next to lowest level. Ride is really taut and buttoned down too.

Originally Posted by AppleChilli
Great shots and comments; keep em' coming!
You bet AC. You know what to expect from me ... I'm sure.

Originally Posted by ronl
The pictures show your canvas more than words though I very much like both.
This thread can/should be treated well.
Thank you, I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm with others.

Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Beautiful pics,thanks for sharing with all of us
Thank you pepper. This is just the beginning. Keep checking.

Originally Posted by RobsCountach
Appears your wheel-to-arch gap is smaller than mine (we both run 18s) while running, so I'm guessing Porsche tighten'd that up.

We're running the same Wheels, but I don't like mine... Needs 20s on 275/45/20 tires for me. Yours is acceptable to me.

Can't wait to see your Summer Setup !!!
The sales manager mentioned it to me before the send-off that my vehicle was a beast on the 20 inch spyder and he regretted the fact that I will not be able to see the original avatar until April 2011....totally different looking vehicle is what he reported.

Originally Posted by ManMachine
Congratulations! It's a beautiful car, and hope you enjoy the long term ownership. Given that the vehicle is on winter tires, I bet you can't wait for the summer.
Thank you and me too.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
cool thread...look forward to your reviews of the individual options

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar