Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:41 PM
sid_vicious is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brez
Sid
Can you answer the same questions that I asked Woot about the Pano? The post just before to your reply.
Tia
I like the pano roof a lot. We rarely close the sunshade and the glass is tinted enough not to bother anyone in the back - and my kids REALLY get bothered by direct sunlight. We used to have a BMW X5 and rarely kept the sunscreen open as the light used to really annoy the rear pass. With the sunscreen closed, the glass roof is barely noticeable. The only caveat I will give is that we live in San Francisco, so we get more fog than sun! We rarely have days with really strong/direct sunlight.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Options on the w00tMOBILE: Espresso/Cognac interior

Why did I order it: I am a huge fan of natural leather. Porsche uses their highest quality hide for this. Wears well over time. Only two color options, never had a two tone so there was only one choice. Hence the E/C.

My review: I expected a slightly richer color on the cognac. But my wife tells me this IS true cognac and if it were darker it would be English malt color. My wife absolutely loves it ..... what else matters ? We specifically wanted the stock high gloss piano black as both my wife and I are not big fans of wood interior (I can see why people love wood, I have to admit they look gorgeous .. just one look at gammaman's interior is enough to convince anybody here) and have always associated wood with MB or Lexus ie luxury cruisers. We feel that we made the right choice. Oh BTW, can you believe it that Porsche gave us something free ... The deviated stitching. I had to pay some big $$$ for this option on the 997.2.

If I had to do it again: R U kiddin me. Definite yes.

Attached Images      

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-25-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Hope you all like this idea of detailed report on the options and the shots to go with it. I certainly am enjoying it bringing them to you. My hope is that I will help potential future owners. I struggled with the options as an early adopter and did not want this to happen to fellow Porschephiles. Here are two more shots.

Attached Images   

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-24-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Aperture776 is infamous around these parts
Great idea w00t on the report for each option. I wish someone was doing this when I chose my options. The CS and pics look great! and I can't wait for the next option review.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 PM
willy_jo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Hope you all like this idea of detailed report on the options and the shots to go with it. I certainly am enjoying it bringing them to you. My hope is that I will help potential future owners. I struggled with the options as an early adopter and did not want this to happen to fellow Porschephiles.
Congrats Woot, absolutely loving your reports... keep 'em coming.. making the wait for my baby a little easier... but finding myself jumping on to 6speed every few minutes to see if you have added anything new .. enjoy in good health and thanks for taking the time and effort (considering the big distraction in your garage) to give us such detailed reviews..

Old 01-25-2011, 04:10 AM
fc_
fc_ is infamous around these parts
nice pictures! this is probably the best thread in the cayenne section! Keep the reviews coming! can't wait till my cayenne s arrives late june :P

Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Namaste and thanks again for sharing your detailed impressions
You are making the wait for our rides both easier and harder
Beautiful pics:lighting,angles,composition and background..its all very nice
Ahhh dont you just love the smell of new leather in the morning
Mine will be JBM/black...no 2 tone...though yours looks very elegant
Enjoint(as they say in Amsterdam)in good health and keep the reviews coming

Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Thank you for the comments. I'm having a hard time projecting the exact color of cognac. This was taken on a cloudy day and I think this more accurately reflects the shade. BTW, very hard to keep it clean.

Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
TurboDelaney is infamous around these parts
How's the new sound system?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
ccexxp1 is infamous around these parts
Congrats...beautiful combination, I now understand why Porsche offers so many choices, everyone who wants a choice should have that choice. Seems like my description of the Pano roof was spot on, however, you seem to have a better way with words! Enjoy it as much as I do...cc

Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Brez is infamous around these parts
w00T
"Hope you all like this idea of detailed report on the options and the shots to go with it. I certainly am enjoying it bringing them to you. My hope is that I will help potential future owners. I struggled with the options as an early adopter and did not want this to happen to fellow Porschephiles. Here are two more shots."

Absolutely! You are doing all of us a favor. Thank you for your time and energy. As my list of options change, I will always have this thread to go back too!
Cheers my friend!

Old 01-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Brez is infamous around these parts
w00t,
I would greatly appreciate if you found the time to take a picture of the Pano roof from inside looking up on a sunny day and then same angle with the shade drawn.
I noticed that the quality of the pictures you are taking are very good, therefore the pics of the Pano roof would be more useful than the ones from previous posters (although they were also greatly appreciated!). My local dealer has yet to receive a single Cayenne with a Pano roof for me to see!
Cheers

Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
w00t - it would be nice to see more expansive views of the seats, both front and back.

You mention hard to keep it clean - is that true for the seats?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM
ronl is infamous around these partsronl is infamous around these parts
Re: the lighter shade of cognac. I have lots of 30 year old natural leather hartman business stuff-lots. The darkening patina over time is what I prize most- perhaps your seats, wOOt, will benefit from the same darkening/richness over time. Your interior is stunning.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
ccexxp1 is infamous around these parts
Hey, I just noticed...your new car doesn't have that horrible sticker that has caused so much drama next to the ignition switch...man, you lucked out!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar