Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
WooT tell us about the PTV!!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Namaste and thanks again for sharing your detailed impressions
You are making the wait for our rides both easier and harder
Beautiful pics:lighting,angles,composition and background..its all very nice
Ahhh dont you just love the smell of new leather in the morning
Mine will be JBM/black...no 2 tone...though yours looks very elegant
Enjoint(as they say in Amsterdam)in good health and keep the reviews coming
Namaste and Vanakkam (my regional language in Madras) to you too.

Originally Posted by TurboDelaney
How's the new sound system?
Surreal (although disappointing for XM). But for good audio CD's .. OMG.

Originally Posted by ccexxp1
Congrats...beautiful combination, I now understand why Porsche offers so many choices, everyone who wants a choice should have that choice. Seems like my description of the Pano roof was spot on, however, you seem to have a better way with words! Enjoy it as much as I do...cc
Thank you CCexxp

Originally Posted by Brez
w00T

You are doing all of us a favor. Thank you for your time and energy. As my list of options change, I will always have this thread to go back too!
Cheers my friend!
I've had several PM's thanking me. It's a pleasure to share my enthusiasm with fellow Porschephiles. I work long hours still have the energy to come home and do this...I'm blessed not only with a garage full of P-cars but also a very supportive family who understand my passion and support it wholeheartedly.

Originally Posted by Brez
w00t,
I would greatly appreciate if you found the time to take a picture of the Pano roof from inside looking up on a sunny day and then same angle with the shade drawn.
I noticed that the quality of the pictures you are taking are very good, therefore the pics of the Pano roof would be more useful than the ones from previous posters (although they were also greatly appreciated!). My local dealer has yet to receive a single Cayenne with a Pano roof for me to see!
Cheers
Had a 12 hr work day today got dark, maybe on Friday as I only work half a day this friday. I usually take the 3.2 Carrera to work so no Cayenne which is wife's

Originally Posted by ManMachine
w00t - it would be nice to see more expansive views of the seats, both front and back.

You mention hard to keep it clean - is that true for the seats?
Sure Manmachine, this weekend.

Originally Posted by ronl
Re: the lighter shade of cognac. I have lots of 30 year old natural leather hartman business stuff-lots. The darkening patina over time is what I prize most- perhaps your seats, wOOt, will benefit from the same darkening/richness over time. Your interior is stunning.
Thank you Ron. Good to know that.

Originally Posted by ccexxp1
Hey, I just noticed...your new car doesn't have that horrible sticker that has caused so much drama next to the ignition switch...man, you lucked out!
I lucked out.

Originally Posted by ok_computadora
WooT tell us about the PTV!!
Unbelievable cornering ability for an SUV with the low setting AS, sport PASM mode, and PTV. Draws no fear at all. Plus the presence of PDCC may accentuate some of the "safe feeling" with tight turns ... I'm guessing.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-25-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Options on the w00tMOBILE: Heated windshield

Sorry guys I know that this is not an option that most would order but just had to get it out there before many others get burnt badly.

Why did I order it: I absolutely despise that loud draft of air from the vents for defogging. Was under the impression with the heated windshield's one touch button feature, I can defog without the draft of air.

My review: Monumental mistake. Why coz, I don't get that much snow at all. Now in the NE parts of the country it may be a different issue where I can see the benefits far outweigh what to some could just be a minor annoyance. For me atleast during these first three days, it has been a huge distraction both day and night time (especially night time with the fuzziness created by dispersion of the light from the oncoming headlights on the heating element (see pictures which accurately depict what I've been dealing with). The worst part is it does not work for defogging (still have to use the draft) and I don't even get that much snow (I can see how it would just melt snow/sleet). I can't believe Porsche got away with this one. Should I complain to the dealer ?

If I had to do it again: Got badly burnt on this one......Will definitely change it in the near future coz I doubt if I would ever get used to this. I shudder to think what it would do to the factory seal once windshield is replaced. Is it a big deal or not to change the windshield (provided I take it to an expert shop).

Now I don't know how much it will cost me to replace. I'm guessing north of 1K. So for all of you that I've saved this $490 option, please contribute $100 to the w00t fund. For everyone else ... just for the entertainment value this thread provides the fee is very nominal: $25 only

Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-01-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:38 AM
ManMachine is infamous around these parts
Wow that really sucks. the heating elements seem to be quite distracting. Windshield clarity is crucial for the driving experience and safety. Did the dealer know/describe this?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 AM
ccexxp1 is infamous around these parts
Oh my, that's dreadful...sounds good on paper, in fact, in the 90's I had a Range Rover which had smaller little red lines, and they blended into the scenery, this looks like bars on a jail on the close-up figure. Thanks for the heads-up, its really nice to learn about these things by first hand advice.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM
jesh is infamous around these parts
Sorry about the front windshield. My dealer told me about that and I stayed away from it...

Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Options on the w00tMOBILE: The Burmester High-End surround sound system

Why did I order it ? Do you even have to ask ? I will say this without any shame: Burmester was probably one of the biggest draws (if not THE biggest draw) for me on the 2011 Cayenne. I love music and wanted the best SUV on this planet to be equipped with a truly “high end” audio system. Unfortunately the term “high end” is used rather loosely …

My review: One word: DIVINE. Apex of German engineering on display. Here is one example (I could go on and on…): When the sound impression has been adjusted once, the Sound conditioner maintains this setting regardless of the changing outside noise while driving. How you may ask ?? The soundscape of the interior is captured by a microphone, while an intelligent algorithm delicately adjusts volume and sound in real-time. To truly bring out the abundant bass and richly textured spatial sound on tap you have to play high quality CD's. XM radio and MP3 does not do even 50 % justice to the craftsmanship that goes into making of the Burmester. Trust me. The system sounds very average on these formats.

If I had to do it again: Absolutely positively YES. This system is a must have for music and technology buffs. If you predominantly listen to compressed format music (MP3) or satellite radio then don’t waste your money on the BURM… get PDCC and PTV instead.....unless you want to have bragging rights as an owner of a vehicle equipped with a Burmester (and can tell friends that the only other brand that carries this system is the Bugatti Veyron).

Attached Images      

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-28-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
Hey there wOOt, its been a while, I haven't been around here - very busy, have had a lot going on. My CTT had a build completion date of 1/28 (today) ... we'll see when I get it though.

Your reviews and pics are great, I'm still going over them. Sorry I was "right" on that damned heated windshield but I knew when I had the chance to drive that demo car for a whole weekend that it was bad news

Other than that, you configured a HOME RUN and I'm glad to see you enjoying it so much ... congrats and best wishes.....

Frank

Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Congrats.. amazing.. thanks for all the picks and info.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Love these individual reviews Woot! keep 'em coming!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 02:32 PM
copasetic222 is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=w00tPORSCHE;3104934] Now I don't know how much it will cost me to replace. I'm guessing north of 1K. So for all of you that I've saved this $490 option, please contribute $100 to the w00t fund. For everyone else ... just for the entertainment value this thread provides the fee is very nominal: $25 only

Congratulations. Great to see you having so much fun.

Where do we send the check?

Old 01-29-2011, 03:14 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
I never thought of getting a heated windshield since i live in south Florida
I do enjoy all your detailed reviews
The 25$ seems right
How bout i buy you lunch when i make my way out west next time?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Fjs ... I missed U. Where have you been. How right U were. My build got locked just a week prior to your post on the heated windshield :-(

Uhn, having too much fun in your targa
I presume ? Anyway good to hear from you.

Pepper and copasetic I would love to have you here and take you out to some of the best twisties in the PNW like Maryhill loops road, Yakima river canyon road. Then return to my home to load your palate with some very tasty, authentic Indian cuisine... Not the "usual restaurant baloney" My wife is a great chef. Then ofcourse I'll take those checks.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-29-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
willy_jo is infamous around these parts
Umm authentic indian food sounds good Woot... some rice, sambar? I am originally from the southern state of Kerala in India .. I was wondering about the ride comfort on your Cayenne. Any noticeable difference between the three settings - sport, normal, comfort? Which mode do you mostly drive in? Enjoy your ride

Old 01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
ok_computadora is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by willy_jo
Umm authentic indian food sounds good Woot... some rice, sambar? I am originally from the southern state of Kerala in India ..
nice! i'm from gujarat (and my wife is from melbourne)! ***** do you have a cayenne on order? my TT is on the boat right now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar