Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I LOVE the insulated glass, LOOOOVVVE!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
mikezlee is infamous around these parts
Those Sport Seats are awesome. The new Cayenne interior blows away any interior out on the market now. I hope they continue this trend throughout the Porsche line-up.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
I LOVE the insulated glass, LOOOOVVVE!
I bet it's lovable
I suppose one can't have everything
I wonder how much it would cost to have some similar glass installed on my pepper

Old 04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I think there are some tints that are made to reduce sound....

Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
SilverForumSurf is infamous around these parts
Is the haze related to the humidity or conedensation between panel? or just always there?

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Brez, I had 50 % tint added to my front windows after the delivery while the vehicle has being clear-bra'd. Yes the tint on the windows is identical to the stock windows. The IR filter is probably the reason for that purplish hue on the glass including the windshield. Yes my intent with the photos was to show everyone the double layer of glass which are glued. They do not have a staggered appearance but you can feel the ridge between the two glass panes when you run your finger. No issues whatsoever other than pin drop silence when the vehicle is cruising on highway speeds. Some may not like this option as it mutes the V8 growl. But there is a reason why I got the Burmester and this is the perfect accessory IMO. Can't wait to test the effect of the thermal insulation during our hot summers. Anyone who knows about haze effect due to tint film knows what I am talking about. Nothing is blurry, but against sunlight there is that " haze effect".

Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Some haze will be there in most tint films unless it is of very very high quality (those films cost nearly 1K. The haze does not mean that it is optically not clear. I hope I am not confusing the crowd here who does not know what the haze effect is all about. It is when the sun hits the tint at a particular angle there is a haze.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:58 PM
ronl is infamous around these partsronl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Thank you for the comments. I'm having a hard time projecting the exact color of cognac. This was taken on a cloudy day and I think this more accurately reflects the shade. BTW, very hard to keep it clean.
W00t: The tonal differences in cognac in your pics, and generally, often seem night and day, ranging from orange, through dark tan, to almost a pinkish beige. It is almost impossible to catch this combo at a dealer, especially outside of big cities.

Yesterday, I sat in a panny with with cognac that is very close to my attatchment. How does this reflect your interior's reality? Can we see your rear seats on a cloudy day?

Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
This was shot on a cloudy day. Very accurate representation. You have to realize that the color changes with sunlight.

Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Options on the w00tMOBILE: 20 " RS spyder wheel

Why did I order it ? Race inspired timeless design ... need I say more ?

My review: The brilliant 10 U-shaped dual arm spoke design with a platinum finish complements the jet black metallic perfectly. On close inspection, the color has an incredible depth and clarity that I have tried to capture with these shots. Many here are quite aware on how meticulous I am when it comes to keeping my cars clean ... I can tell you that the one downside to having these wheels is the degree of time and effort it takes to clean them given the endless grooves and surfaces.

If I had to do it again: After seeing the shots, do you have any question .... I don't.

Attached Images     

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 05-13-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 AM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
good to know u had a great experience at ur dealer mine was awful first of all the sales professional didn't know what he was doing and had no idea how to use the build my own site and only gave me a 2 grand off MSRP the car will arrive in mid sep !!!
i,m really depressed

Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
@ALRAJHI:sorry about that..cheer up,at least you will have something great to look forward to after the summer
@w00t:Impressive,your pepper is spotless..and a never ending source of motivation to keep mine in the same condition,which is almost impossible when in a rural area and parked outside all the time
I adore the spiders as well,with their sporty and elegant appearance
Good to see they also are a nice color combo with grey calipers

Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
+1 on the flawless photos!

w00T, I am so impressed by the write-ups and pictures! Do you hand polish or use an orbital? I am anxiously awaiting my lease end on the X5, but I am alittle torn between the Pan or Cayenne. But, since I have 29 months left on the lease, I have plenty of time!

Old 05-14-2011, 05:42 AM
http is infamous around these parts
Which Camera are you using ???

Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
philooo is infamous around these parts
w00t,

Fantastic thread, I wish porsche had this kind of pictures to show their options and explain them as well !

Can you post the list of options you choose ?

Phil

Old 05-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
@w00t:Impressive,your pepper is spotless..and a never ending source of motivation to keep mine in the same condition,which is almost impossible when in a rural area and parked outside all the time
I adore the spiders as well,with their sporty and elegant appearance
Good to see they also are a nice color combo with grey calipers
Thank you. Cars are meant to be driven. I love the challenge and driving them as they are meant to be and at the same time keeping them factory fresh. it is an oxymoron but when detailing cars is your hobby it is not an oxymoron.

Originally Posted by JenK
+1 on the flawless photos!

w00T, I am so impressed by the write-ups and pictures! Do you hand polish or use an orbital? I am anxiously awaiting my lease end on the X5, but I am alittle torn between the Pan or Cayenne. But, since I have 29 months left on the lease, I have plenty of time!
Jen, thank you. I use FlexXC 3401 Orbital Polisher. I am glad you are enjoying this thread. What happened to the 911 turbo S plans ?

Originally Posted by http
Which Camera are you using ???
Nikon D90.

Originally Posted by philooo
w00t,

Fantastic thread, I wish porsche had this kind of pictures to show their options and explain them as well !

Can you post the list of options you choose ?

Phil
Phil options too long to list but I will :

Cayenne S Tiptronic
Premium Package Plus
Auburn Metallic
Two-tone Natural Leather in Espresso/Cognac
Heated Windscreen
Wheel Arch Ext. in Black w/Side Door Moldings
Roof Rails / Drip Rails with matte Aluminum-look finish
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint
Panorama Roof System $660
PTV Plus
PDCC
Auto Start Stop Function
Extended Range Fuel Tank
Air Suspension with Self-levelling and Height Adjustment with PASM
20" Cayenne SportDesign II Wheel
Summer Performance Tires for 20" Wheels
Wheel Hub Cover with Colored Porsche Crest
18-way Adaptive Sports Seats with Memory Package
Side Airbags rear
Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Leather Steering Wheel
Fire Extinguisher
Non-smoker Package
Adaptive Cruise Control
XM Satelite Radio
Voice Control
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 05-17-2011 at 09:08 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Prepare yourself to be wow'd: The w00tMOBILE has taken it's avatar