Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Cayenne Turbo Worth It?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM
4Nines is infamous around these parts
2011 Cayenne Turbo Worth It?

I'm in the market for a Cayenne Turbo and while I REALLY like the new 2011's it's really hard to ignore a used 08+ Turbo for about half the price.

So is the 2011 Turbo worth the extra money or will I enjoy an older Turbo that's slightly used just as much?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
The new turbo has the 8 speed and auto stop/start plus many other must have features in my mind.
But you can't ignore the 60k used for a 2008 turbo vs 141k (without taxes) for my 2011.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Jace
The new turbo has the 8 speed and auto stop/start plus many other must have features in my mind.
But you can't ignore the 60k used for a 2008 turbo vs 141k (without taxes) for my 2011.
Yeah to be honest I love everything about the new Turbos, but in times like these I'm trying to be reserved and stay within my means. Trying is the key word

I thinking about making a good buy on an 08 or newer, driving it for a year or so and then step up to a 2011 when the prices come down a bit. Here's one that I'm drooling over and the price doesn't seem too bad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...ht_33193wt_928

Old 01-24-2011, 02:36 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
We own both versions. I loved my '09 (and my '04 before that) until my wife got her '11. It is a case where I really couldn't see how Porsche could improve on the previous models but they did. They really did. The '09 is a wonderful SUV but the '11 just doesn't have that heavy SUV feel. It truly feels like a sports car. That being said, I feel the '11 is the best SUV on the market but the '09 is the second best. (I had an '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged between the '04 & the '09.) Like when the car mags rate vehicles and toss in the rating for value, the cost difference becomes the great equalizer.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
We own both versions. I loved my '09 (and my '04 before that) until my wife got her '11. It is a case where I really couldn't see how Porsche could improve on the previous models but they did. They really did. The '09 is a wonderful SUV but the '11 just doesn't have that heavy SUV feel. It truly feels like a sports car. That being said, I feel the '11 is the best SUV on the market but the '09 is the second best. (I had an '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged between the '04 & the '09.) Like when the car mags rate vehicles and toss in the rating for value, the cost difference becomes the great equalizer.
Thanks for the input! I guess I just need to decide if I can be patient enough to wait for a 2011 or be content now with second best

Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 4Nines
Yeah to be honest I love everything about the new Turbos, but in times like these I'm trying to be reserved and stay within my means. Trying is the key word

I thinking about making a good buy on an 08 or newer, driving it for a year or so and then step up to a 2011 when the prices come down a bit. Here's one that I'm drooling over and the price doesn't seem too bad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-AWD-NAV-CAM-22-Wheels-/180611565212?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a0d49c69c #ht_33193wt_928
Exactly what I tried to do. I was in the process of buying an 08CTT with 17k miles for $55k only. I figured I would drive it for 1 year and then sell it for no loss then find a low mileage 2011 and get it for a great price. So I took the car to a porsche dealer for a PPI and it came out clean, just needed new brakes and tires within the next 3 months. But while I was there I test drove a new one (big mistake) and could not even consider the old one. The choice was made easier since I prefer to lease my cars since they are a tax write off.
Even though the newer car is faster it does not feel so. I think it is because its a much smoother and nicer ride you are unaware of the speed until you look at the speedo. The old one felt hard to control when accelerating hard. The difference in handling and creature comforts are like night and day. I like the look of both but slighly more for the new one.
If you are purchasing instead of leasing then dont drive the new one, and follow your money saving plan.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Exactly what I tried to do. I was in the process of buying an 08CTT with 17k miles for $55k only. I figured I would drive it for 1 year and then sell it for no loss then find a low mileage 2011 and get it for a great price. So I took the car to a porsche dealer for a PPI and it came out clean, just needed new brakes and tires within the next 3 months. But while I was there I test drove a new one (big mistake) and could not even consider the old one. The choice was made easier since I prefer to lease my cars since they are a tax write off.
Even though the newer car is faster it does not feel so. I think it is because its a much smoother and nicer ride you are unaware of the speed until you look at the speedo. The old one felt hard to control when accelerating hard. The difference in handling and creature comforts are like night and day. I like the look of both but slighly more for the new one.
If you are purchasing instead of leasing then dont drive the new one, and follow your money saving plan.
Haha that's what I was afraid of! I will try and stay on point

Would it even be worth considering a 2011 Cayenne S over an 08+ Turbo? I hate owning a vehicle when I know there's a better model above it, but the 2011's are so nice!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Haha that's what I was afraid of! I will try and stay on point

Would it even be worth considering a 2011 Cayenne S over an 08+ Turbo? I hate owning a vehicle when I know there's a better model above it, but the 2011's are so nice!
I wouldn't be able to get the S after driving the TT. Yes, I hear the S is great and is better then most other sport SUV's but the TT is it! And the itch will still be there. This is why forum's like this costs us much $.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I wouldn't be able to get the S after driving the TT. Yes, I hear the S is great and is better then most other sport SUV's but the TT is it! And the itch will still be there. This is why forum's like this costs us much $.
Haha so true! Thanks for all the help

Old 01-26-2011, 04:46 PM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
In purely financial terms, hell no. It's a boat load to buy, and the resale is beyond dismal. BUT, when you press the pedal to the floor and feel the power that to just never seems to stop, it all seems worth it. Look at it this way, it's a cheap Panamera TT that holds all your crap. There!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 AM
RisingAgainst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wallmon
In purely financial terms, hell no. It's a boat load to buy, and the resale is beyond dismal. BUT, when you press the pedal to the floor and feel the power that to just never seems to stop, it all seems worth it. Look at it this way, it's a cheap Panamera TT that holds all your crap. There!
+1, I love the analogy

Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM
dubai_m5 is infamous around these parts
we have 3 cayenne's now on garage ,, turbo 08', S 11' , turbo 11' , trust me when ever i drive the new s i cant drive the older turbo ,, even though its a turbo !! but the new turbo is different story !! it really feels like a sport car not an SUV ..

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
To me its simple - BUY 2 CARS !!!!

1. Buy a used 08+ TT for $55K
2. Buy a used early 2000 911 for $30 - 35K

You get a nice fast SUV (with nicer rear tail lights then the 11) and you get arguably the best sports car ever. On top of that you pocket $50K which should cover your gas and insurance for a LOOOOOOOOONG time. The combo of the 2 cars will completely satisfy your horsepower and handling urges. If you feel real guilty, buy a 2000 911 "beater" with 40K miles for $25K.

If you don't have the space for 2 cars, make your driveway bigger for $3 - 5K. You are still way out front !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_yQ02xwsM

Last edited by roxboxxx; 01-27-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
To me its simple - BUY 2 CARS !!!!

1. Buy a used 08+ TT for $55K
2. Buy a used early 2000 911 for $30 - 35K

you get a nice fast SUV (with nicer rear tail lights then the 11) and you get arguably the best sports car ever. On top of that you pocket $50K which should cover your gas and insurance for a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

If you don't have the space for 2 cars, make your driveway bigger for $3 - 5K. You are still way out front !
I like the way you think

Old 01-27-2011, 08:39 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
I like the way you think

DUDE - its an easy sell to the wife also - hell buy here a nice hermes bag - its about the same prices as 1 2011 cayenne rim.