Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Preliminary Cayenne S 2011 Spec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 AM
kanishkl is infamous around these parts
Preliminary Cayenne S 2011 Spec

Hi Guys,

Have been lurking around the forum for the past 2 weeks and it has been of great help. Have enjoyed the members' comments and differing opinions.

I am currently very near to finalizing an order for a 2011 Cayenne S with the following specs. Appreciate your comments and feedback on options.

Cayenne S Tiptronic
Jet Black Metallic
Interior Colour
Leather interior in natural leather Espresso
Natural olive interior package
Panoramic Roof System
Powerliftgate
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors (with memory package)
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist at front and rear
Bi-Xenon lighting system incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
100 litres fuel tank
Servotronic
Air suspension with self-levelling, ride-height control and Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
20-inch RS Spyder Design wheel
Comfort memory package (14-way)
Floor mats
Comfort lighting package (with memory package)
4-zone climate control
3-spoke multifunction steering wheel
Soft ruffled leather on seat centres (natural leather)
Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front and rear
Preparation for mobile phone
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
CD/DVD autochanger (6-disc)
Universal audio interface

Unsure about or query the following things:
1. My choice of olive interior for espresso leather
2. Should I get roof rails given my spec includes a panoramic roof? Does having a panoramic roof create a large effect on cornering?
3. Any other exterior options I should seriously consider?
4. What does the non-smoker package really replace? (any pictures?)
5. Utility of electric roll-up sunblind (I live in a place where tinted windows are legal)

Please keep in mind that I live in Jakarta, Indonesia which is pretty much racked with either sunlight (albeit tolerable) or rain (causing mild flooding).

If along with your replies, you could direct me to related links or pictures, that would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Looking forward to your comments.

Last edited by kanishkl; 02-13-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
My choice of olive interior for espresso leather: I am not a big fan of wood interior for sports cars/SUV's but it sure gives it a nice luxury feel and I had to pick one of all the choices, olive would be the one for your espresso.

Should I get roof rails given my spec includes a panoramic roof? If roof rails are ever going to be needed I suggest you add them now because you cannot add it at a later date. Roof rails won't impede your view through the panoramic roof.

Does having a panoramic roof create a large effect on cornering? Not at all, atlas on my Cayenne. I have PDCC, PTV and PASM with air suspension so that helps it to a large extent.

Any other exterior options I should seriously consider? What ones to u have in mind. Some like the blacked out trim and some the stainless steel skid plates.

What does the non-smoker package really replace? (any pictures?) The cigarette lighter is replaced by a a small storage area where you can store some change (coins). COntrary to what many think, you do not lose any 12 volt chargers.

Utility of electric roll-up sunblind Very useful. Go for it.

Have u checked out my thread on the w00tmobile ? There are some pics of the roofrails and the pan roof ? Good luck, you build is looking awesome. Just sit on the 18 way seats and checkout if you would be more comfortable in them vs the 14 ways. Do you care for any safety options like rear view camera, lane change assist adaptive cruise control and parking sensors ? Burmester is unreal but I hope you listen to quality CD's and not just radio and MP3's. See my review on the thread I earlier mentioned.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
My choice of olive interior for espresso leather: I am not a big fan of wood interior for sports cars/SUV's but it sure gives it a nice luxury feel and I had to pick one of all the choices, olive would be the one for your espresso.

Should I get roof rails given my spec includes a panoramic roof? If roof rails are ever going to be needed I suggest you add them now because you cannot add it at a later date. Roof rails won't impede your view through the panoramic roof.

Does having a panoramic roof create a large effect on cornering? Not at all, atlas on my Cayenne. I have PDCC, PTV and PASM with air suspension so that helps it to a large extent.

Any other exterior options I should seriously consider? What ones to u have in mind. Some like the blacked out trim and some the stainless steel skid plates.

What does the non-smoker package really replace? (any pictures?) The cigarette lighter is replaced by a a small storage area where you can store some change (coins). COntrary to what many think, you do not lose any 12 volt chargers.

Utility of electric roll-up sunblind Very useful. Go for it.

Have u checked out my thread on the w00tmobile ? There are some pics of the roofrails and the pan roof ? Good luck, you build is looking awesome. Just sit on the 18 way seats and checkout if you would be more comfortable in them vs the 14 ways. Do you care for any safety options like rear view camera, lane change assist adaptive cruise control and parking sensors ? Burmester is unreal but I hope you listen to quality CD's and not just radio and MP3's. See my review on the thread I earlier mentioned.

Thanks for your comments w00tporsche! Sorry for the fragmented reply as I'm replying from my mobile out of town.

I sat in an Espresso that had been "broken-in" for a few months now and it didn't impress me as much as it did in the showroom. I am seriously considering the Espresso/Cognac now. The only issue is that I can't see this color in Jakarta. Am in Singapore right now and have called up the local dealership but no luck here either.

Definitely getting the roof rails. Looking through the forum to see whether I should go for the aluminum or black finish.

Saw the panoramic at an imported cars showroom in Jakarta and loved it. Glad it doesn't affect the handling (much)

Will get the electric roll-up sunblind and non-smoker package as well. Am thinking of adding the front and rear skid-plates. On the JBM, it provides a good contrast from what I've been able to see on this forum.

I am quite an audiophile so getting the burmester was my first priority. It will definitely be tested by higher fidelity audio and not mp3s.

Unfortunately, I can't try the 18-seat anywhere. All the ones I've seen in Jakarta are 8 way, so even the 14-way is a jump in the dark, per se. The 18-way is a big risk to take without having sat in it.

Don't feel like I need the lane change assist or the rear view camera (primarily because no point of having PCM in Indonesia, no nav). Got the parking sensors though.

Lastly, very hard to convince myself not to get the 21" turbos but the roads in Jakarta will destroy them with my spirited driving.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Appreciate more comments and guidance guys.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:26 PM
So after a lot of thought, I have come down to the following build (changes in Bold):

Cayenne S Tiptronic
Jet Black Metallic
Black Leather interior
Carbon Fiber/Piano Black/Aluminum Interior Trim

Panoramic Roof System
Powerliftgate
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors (with memory package)
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist at front and rear
Bi-Xenon lighting system incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
100 litres fuel tank
Servotronic
Air suspension with self-levelling, ride-height control and Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
21-inch 911 Turbo II wheels
Comfort memory package (14-way)
Floor mats
Comfort lighting package (with memory package)
4-zone climate control
3-spoke multifunction steering wheel
Removed Soft ruffled leather on seat centres (natural leather)
Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front and rear
Preparation for mobile phone
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
CD/DVD autochanger (6-disc)
Universal audio interface
Stainless steel skid plate (front)
Electric roll-up sunblind for rear
Deletion of model designation
Side airbags rear

Now, the remaining issues for me to decide on are the following:
1. Roof rails: I dig the look of the rails on the car. Practically, I have no use for them
2. Interior Trim: As you can see above, I am still unsure of which trim will suit the black best since I really don't have the option to see them here. Appreciate your advice. I'm leaning towards the CF
3. Alcantara Headliner: Loved the look but ponder its worth given that I will have the Panorama roof