Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Porsche Entry and Drive problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
No issues here and this is my 2nd with Entry and Drive

Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 AM
DrBaltz is infamous around these parts
Comfort Entry and Tailgate Solution

Comfort Entry:

I took my car to Boardwalk Porsche in Plano after going to Park Place Porsche in Dallas and getting no answers. After about 4 hours of having the car, Boardwalk solved the problem. Here it is.

According to Porsche, the problem is that when you touch any of the side buttons on the seat with comfort entry, it will auto save the setting to your key. In my particular case, when I was getting out of the car about 50% of the time, my leg was hitting a button on the side, thus reseting my seat to the improper location and me thinking comfort entry was broken. This isn't the case. To prove this, I had Boardwalk unhook all the buttons on my driver's seat and comfort entry has worked flawlessly everytime in the last 3 days. I will tell you Porsche is very aware of the problem are thinking about reprogramming how the feature works to keep it from auto saving if you touch one of the seat adjustments since it's saved in Memory 1 or 2 in the door already.

I hope this helps. If you don't want to unhook the buttons like me under the seat, just make sure when you are getting out of the car to not accidentally hit one of the buttons on the side of the seat that makes adjustments. If you do this, it will work everytime.

Boardwalk said they'd call me if Porsche changes the programming. I'll let everyone know if and when this happens.

Lift gate:
The keyless entry is very sensitive and if you hit the close and lock function and it's not in your pocket or hand, Entry and Drive will think the key is in the car and won't close the lift gate and lock it. In my case, I had the key in my laundry room about 10 feet from the car (so enough to unlock it) but about 15+ feet from the lift gate. After hearing this from Porsche, I realized this was me not using the featue correctly. It's now resolved.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:42 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Great follow up.
Thanks for the explanation.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
dimok is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DrBaltz
Comfort Entry:

I took my car to Boardwalk Porsche in Plano after going to Park Place Porsche in Dallas and getting no answers. After about 4 hours of having the car, Boardwalk solved the problem. Here it is.

According to Porsche, the problem is that when you touch any of the side buttons on the seat with comfort entry, it will auto save the setting to your key. In my particular case, when I was getting out of the car about 50% of the time, my leg was hitting a button on the side, thus reseting my seat to the improper location and me thinking comfort entry was broken. This isn't the case. To prove this, I had Boardwalk unhook all the buttons on my driver's seat and comfort entry has worked flawlessly everytime in the last 3 days. I will tell you Porsche is very aware of the problem are thinking about reprogramming how the feature works to keep it from auto saving if you touch one of the seat adjustments since it's saved in Memory 1 or 2 in the door already.

I hope this helps. If you don't want to unhook the buttons like me under the seat, just make sure when you are getting out of the car to not accidentally hit one of the buttons on the side of the seat that makes adjustments. If you do this, it will work everytime.
I don't think I was hitting the side button when exiting the car, but now I will pay attention and see if that is the problem.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
tomFordtOronto is infamous around these parts
I have realized that soemtimes when you're in an underground parking lot, it doesn't work. Or when you're beside water (lake/ocean) .... It's bizzare, but it always seem to happen during that time.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:31 PM
garrell is infamous around these parts
Comfort Entry

FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH~~~~
Had small issue with my 2013 model in that it would totally stop working all together. After a series of self testing, I discovered that pushing the (red button) alarm, it would reset itself. (Strange) -- Consulted an electrical engineer friend and he recommended that I keep the entry "key-fob" away from my cell phone, especially when it is ringing. I have done that an had no problems since.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:17 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jace
Once every twenty starts I get a key not recognized. I always thought it was bc key was too far away from the ignition switch. I just then reset the key fob on the dash then crank again and always starts. Never had to remove the key and manually do anything.
Occasionally I have to hold the memory button to have the seats reset themselves, but again this is once every twenty times or so.
Same experience here too.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:51 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I occasionally get the key not recognized thing... I just turn the ignition back off and try again and its usually ok. I'd say twice a month maybe?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:20 AM
cheetos72 is infamous around these parts
Interesting as I have had similar issues on my 2011.

It seems that Entry is separate than drive. I had antenna issues that the dealership cured for the entry portion, but the drive -- I still seem to get fob not recognized from time to time.

I'm really glad my dealership is willing to tackle this issue. I know the techs have worked hard replacing all antenna, wiring and modules. The only thing I can think is that there must be a software issue.

Last edited by cheetos72; 10-04-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: updated information
Old 05-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Eurotunerporsche is infamous around these parts
Key not recognized in cayenne

I have had same problem and it's an electronics interference problem either cell phone next to keys in center cup holders or fm transmitter for cell phone or something. Just purchased a Bluetooth transmitter and only had problems with keys when in when I take it out car starts with valet key and same with locks. It's the radio wave frequencies getting mixed with keys hope this helps.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:25 AM
3pedals is infamous around these parts
If I were you folks with proximity keys, toss them and use the ignition function the way it was meant to be used. Goodness, how silly to have a key in your pocket and not put it where it belongs. Gadgets, will they never learn simplicity is best. Take control folks. Or, maybe you need one of those things that drives you where ever you tell it to go.