Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011's w/ Paint Protection Film

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:39 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
2011's w/ Paint Protection Film

What are you guys wrapping? What do you think should be done at a bare minimum and what do you think is overkill?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
mondohoss is infamous around these parts
I am going to fullly wrap mine...
I have estimates $3500- $5000
still trying to figure out clear or color change

Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Full hood, front bumper and front fenders, sideview mirrors and edges of doors is the way to go. I have ventureshield (one of the best PPF's in the market) installed on mine. Here is a shot of the hood for you.

Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:38 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i am going with full front hood, fenders wrapped, bumper, lights and possibly all the doors.
Ventureshield is what i am planning on.

you got to protect it.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Full hood, front bumper and front fenders, sideview mirrors and edges of doors is the way to go. I have ventureshield (one of the best PPF's in the market) installed on mine. Here is a shot of the hood for you.
Thanks! I want to do the door edges as well, since i park in a parking garage and the attendants aren't the most careful. How noticable is it? Seems like that seem will be hard to hide.

Did you do the headlights too?

How much did it all run you?

Thanks Woot!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Full hood, full front bumper, fuller front fenders, headlights, fog lights, behind each door handle, full rear bumper.
Zero lines, FULL.
Was quoted about 5k for total job before I JUST SAID NO.
Wouldn't do any less.
All or nothing.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GBXSport
Thanks! I want to do the door edges as well, since i park in a parking garage and the attendants aren't the most careful. How noticable is it? Seems like that seem will be hard to hide.

Did you do the headlights too?

How much did it all run you?

Thanks Woot!
Yes headlights is a must. A custom install so no lines. 2.5K is the cost. More if you want the full rear bumper done.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
DB-CS is infamous around these parts
I really want to wrap up my pepper as soon as i get especially with the dusty weather we have here.
does the clear wrap fade or scratch against dusty weather?

Old 04-20-2011, 05:41 PM
pedah3 is infamous around these parts
Mine getting "full front" (hood, fenders, lights), rocker panels, door edges, side mirrors, full rear bumper.

I've done the partial kits on other cars and they are fine, but every time, within a week, I get the rock chip just beyond the film. Rarely another, but always one right when the car is new. Learned my lesson, cover the entire front.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pedah3
Mine getting "full front" (hood, fenders, lights), rocker panels, door edges, side mirrors, full rear bumper.

I've done the partial kits on other cars and they are fine, but every time, within a week, I get the rock chip just beyond the film. Rarely another, but always one right when the car is new. Learned my lesson, cover the entire front.
love your velvet r8.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:58 AM
DB-CS is infamous around these parts
hello i found someone to wrap my cayenne full wrap for $2,500 and three years warranty
should i ask for more than 3 years or is this standard?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
anyone find they have issues with film yellowing on fenders from excessive brake dust?
i had to replace my 3m on both fenders recently after yellowing. was only on 2.5 yrs
rest of hood and bumpers no yellowing.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
mirrors

Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 AM
NorCal_Cyclist is infamous around these parts
I used the 3M product by Xpel....bikini hood/fenders/front bumper/mirrors/headlamps/door edges and sills/fuel door edge & lip/luggage area.

I have already contacted my dealership to arrange a similar application to my 2012 (only adding full rear bumper too).

Only problem with dirt/dust was on a diff. car that the edges lifted allowing the dirt to collect. The factory rock guards for my rear fenders on my 911 are much more discolored than the aftermarket stuff I added.

Last edited by NorCal_Cyclist; 06-05-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by NorCal_Cyclist
I used the 3M product by Xpel....bikini hood/fenders/front bumper/mirrors/headlamps/door edges and sills/fuel door edge & lip/luggage area.

I have already contacted my dealership to arrange a similar application to my 2012 (only adding full rear bumper too).

Only problem with dirt/dust was on a diff. car that the edges lifted allowing the dirt to collect. The factory rock guards for my rear fenders on my 911 are much more discolored than the aftermarket stuff I added.
xpel product is not 3m product though. their extreme film is good from what i have seen. I am going with Venture.