Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 PM
SilverForumSurf is infamous around these parts
Invoice for 2012 is up 450

ZAG offers invoice + 5000 on cars
I think you could cut that by a grand or so if you're very aggressive. it'll be a lot of work I'd bet since a lot of dealers BS about selling only at MSRP

Last edited by SilverForumSurf; 04-30-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:43 AM
http is infamous around these parts
Yeah Good luck.
May be Toyota , Honda 's or BMW's
Not this one ....

Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 AM
MAPC is infamous around these parts
I tried hard for invoice + 2000 but settled on invoice + 3000.
One dealer agreed and then reneged when I went to place the order.

The other dealer honored the original negotiation and worked very hard to change an existing production slot to meet my specs. They did and they were incredibly helpful and responsive.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Any fees or straight 3000?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:43 AM
hrd
hrd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by funkybuda
I guess the dealers in US, especially in Cali have more allocations and are more willing to negotiate on the price.
I can't see how that would be true for this particular dealer. I went over to the Burlingame, CA dealer's website and checked their inventory and discovered they have only one Cayenne listed. Only 22 Porsches in total. Compare that to my largest local dealer, which has 24 Cayennes listed as either at the dealership or in transit. I had never heard of Burlingame and figured it must be a small town in the middle of nowhere, but Wikipedia tells me it is in the San Francisco area and "According to a 2009 estimate, the median income for a household was $82,295, and the median income for a family was $103,440" and "There were 11,615 housing units with 5,389 owner-occupied homes costing at a median value of $1,000,000+."

A relatively well-to-do area with little in the way of allocations? To me, that seems like the very last place to expect a deal at anything less than MSRP. Especially on a V6. Maybe most dealers are just trying to snow us on pricing.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:02 PM
DanK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MAPC
I tried hard for invoice + 2000 but settled on invoice + 3000.
One dealer agreed and then reneged when I went to place the order.

The other dealer honored the original negotiation and worked very hard to change an existing production slot to meet my specs. They did and they were incredibly helpful and responsive.
I think this just goes to show how every deal is unique. When I was shopping back in the fall, when supply was looser and there were more deals to be had, I couldn't even get Rector/Burlingame to call me back. After 2 weeks of chasing them the best they would do was $1000 off the MSRP. I ended up getting a deal very similar to yours but had to go to a dealer in one of the outlying suburbs (Livermore).

Old 04-30-2011, 02:23 PM
skier is infamous around these parts
There's no main dealer in the city and county of SF, so the dealers are scattered around the Bay. From San Jose to Marin, Redwood city, Burlingame, Livermore out to Rocklin...those are the ones I know off the top of my head. I believe San Jose sells the most units overall.

Once they cut the allocation for the US, Cayennes are almost exclusively special orders now. Luckily back in November, San Jose had a few to test drive (V6 to V8) so we could make comparisons. Finally got our S last week.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:34 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
When I was shopping last fall for my V6, not a single dealer that I spoke to in LA area would discount anything off msrp until I found the one I ended up buying from. Dan's deal was the best I heard of from several who mentioned their discounts on these boards. I'm really surprised dealers in the state of CA are providing any discounts to new customers today considering allocations are so tight and demand is still so high. Kudos to those who are able to get more than a couple % off msrp. Definitely the first car I've owned where I think it's worth paying a small premium (meaning close to msrp) for.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I can confirm you should def not pay over 3000-4000 in LA. They may start with "we sell at MSR"P, but as soon as you mention okay have a fine day then as I'm working with others that don't.. they'll move

AFAIK the dealers are not selling out of allocation space, it's tight but not selling out

Old 04-30-2011, 11:53 PM
It definitely helps to have 2 dealers in relatively close proximity. I went back and forth between 2, never misrepresenting anyone's pricing but clearly pressing them to keep me and my (now) 2 P-cars as customers. I have never paid this much over invoice for a car in the past, but I am confident that it is as good of a deal as I could get given supply/demand.

It felt like a fair deal to me: they still have a few 1000 in profit, I got it for closer to invoice than to MSRP, they don't have to have it sit in inventory, and they have a very happy customer with 2 cars that will require servicing at their dealership.

A win- win.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Sweet. MAPC I shot you a PM, drop me a note when you get a chance - I might be driving a cayenne if I can get the same deal!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:10 PM
This is my 15th post so I think I can reply to PMs now

Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 AM
mteddylee is infamous around these parts
Negative, I called my dealer back in la and they were only offering 3-4% off msrp. After calling about 10 dealers finally found a dealer in Midwest offering very very close to invoice, pm me if anyone needs more info

Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
You got PM!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
synk is infamous around these parts
When ordering what's the typical deposit amount that's required, and are credit cards usually accepted?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne