Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
mteddylee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by synk
When ordering what's the typical deposit amount that's required, and are credit cards usually accepted?
it depends on the dealer. mine was 10% down and no c.c accepted.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
On my now custom 2012 Turbo order, I put 5k deposit.

MSRP 140k.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 PM
mteddylee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
On my now custom 2012 Turbo order, I put 5k deposit.

MSRP 140k.
Jason when is your allocation period? mine is June build.

are you worried about the oil consumption on the new CTT? i am a little bit concerned, i have a audi a4 2.0 which i don't drive at all because it's pain in the butt to have to constantly add oil frequently.

from the forums looks like the new generation cayenne will be the same way...

Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 AM
MAPC is infamous around these parts
Mine was 1k and on a credit card.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:01 AM
synk is infamous around these parts
Anyone negotiate a 2012 V8 recently? What was the invoice or MSRP and how much over or under, respectively, was it?

MAPC, do you think I'd be able to do better or worse than invoice + 3k? My invoice and MSRP are 80k and 91k, respectively. ZAG is showing invoice + 5k.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 AM
hrd
hrd is infamous around these parts
Anyone negotiate a 2012 V8 recently? What was the invoice or MSRP and how much over or under, respectively, was it?

MAPC, do you think I'd be able to do better or worse than invoice + 3k? My invoice and MSRP are 80k and 91k, respectively. ZAG is showing invoice + 5k.
I called a few dealers I found on the ZAG website and even called ZAG directly to get more dealers. None of the dealers were interested in making ZAG proud. One said if I bought a loaded S from him (we were talking 110K-120K), he could do 2K off of MSRP. I asked what about giving me all the options at cost, which is what ZAG claims? He said no doing, it was 2K off of the total MSRP. That much of a discount was not going to be offered for a much less expensive configuration.

The ZAG software does not work well. It listed only one dealer in all of New England, in Maine over 100 miles away (I live in Boston). I found out from calling ZAG they had another dealer that was in western MA and a bit closer to me in miles, yet it was not listed when I did the search using my zip code. The trick is to type in the zip code of the city where the dealer is in order to be able to get their offer and have ZAG send your contact info. Even that does not work all the time.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:07 AM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
$2K on a CC

Old 05-15-2011, 02:12 AM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by funkybuda
I guess the dealers in US, especially in Cali have more allocations and are more willing to negotiate on the price. Don't know if they know the same V6, even the slightly used 2011 ones are selling out for US$130-150K in China.

So what's the best discount you guys are able to get percentage wise for either the 2011/2012 orders? 5%? 10%?
i got a 2 grand discount but my car gets here in mid September !!!!!!!
they told me all the spots are filled and august build is all they can do for me for some reason i think they are BSing me

Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
mteddylee

I am not too worried about oil consumption. Have 5000 miles on my current 2011 Turbo and added two quarts. That's in line with my M5 (2008) and X5M (2010) before it.

My build is scheduled around June 23. Should be here end of July, when I am in Italy for 10 days. So pick up August likely.

J

Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 AM
You are probably being told the truth

Originally Posted by ALRAJHI
i got a 2 grand discount but my car gets here in mid September !!!!!!!
they told me all the spots are filled and august build is all they can do for me for some reason i think they are BSing me
Each dealer gets a certain number of slots. If your dealer sold all of his earlier slots, that could definitely be accurate.

My dealer had a June slot left. We negotiated and when I called back the next day to place the order, half way through the order the sales manager came over and said that they had sold my slot the day before and the next one for them as in fact and August build. He felt bad and then called Porsche and begged and pleaded to take one of their non-sold June build cars that had already been spec'd and spec it for me. Bottom line: it was the end of April and this dealer had already sold out of his June build slots as well.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Invoice +

I would think that you should be able to get invoice +3K on a CS pretty easily. I was able to get that on my V6 and it was a less expensive car and in the markets where I have been shopping the V6s have been in greater demand.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 AM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
MAPC, what was the MSRP on your car?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Msrp

My MSRP was around $64K. I was able to get it for $3K over invoice. I was very happy with that number given the supply/demand issue and the fact that I am getting a 2012 model which will be better from a resale perspective.

Other nearby dealers were only willing to go $2K off of invoice.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:40 PM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MAPC
My MSRP was around $64K. I was able to get it for $3K over invoice. I was very happy with that number given the supply/demand issue and the fact that I am getting a 2012 model which will be better from a resale perspective.

Other nearby dealers were only willing to go $2K off of invoice.
so i should really pass on the deal i got ? 2k off MSRP the total was about 79k with tax and license please help this is my first car and i really dont know ****

Old 05-15-2011, 02:48 PM
There really are a LOT of variables in the equation so it is difficult to say. SOME of the variables that could/would impact negotiated price include:

1. local supply and demand
2. national supply and demand
3. # of P-car dealers in your local market
4. 'loyal customer factor': if you are already a customer of a dealer or if they think that you will be a loyal customer, they would likely be willing to me more aggressive. The opposite is also true: you may find that dealers who know that you won't be bringing the car back to them for service won't be as aggressive as a dealer who knows that they will receive all of the lucrative warranty work

IMHO, I don't think that a lot of the standard car negotiating positions are valid on a 2011 or 2012 Cayenne at this point (i.e. buying at end of month, etc.).

I hope that this is helpful. If you want more specific negotiation info, you may want to try to find others who have ordered CS's. Mine is only a V6- perhaps there are differences in what a dealer will do on one vs. the other. I suspect not, but you never know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne