Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:30 PM
maverick1715 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up The MUST options for the Cayenne 2012

Hello everybody.

I'm new on this forum and I have some recommendations to give for the Cayenne 2012 options.

I just got mine delivered 2 months ago. Bellow are my options

Cayenne turbo
Premium Package Plus $5,320 White $0 Two-tone Natural Leather in $1,940 Espresso/Cognac
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball $650 Joint
Panorama Roof System $660 Wheel Arch Extensions with Side Door $990 Protection Moldings

Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights in Black with $575 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy $1,120 Glass
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control $3,510 (PDCC)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV $1,490 Plus)

8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start $0 Stop Function
19" Cayenne Turbo Wheel $0 Wheel Hub Cover with Colored Porsche $185 Crest

17mm Rear Axle Wheel Spacers $430
14-way Power Seats with Memory $0 Package
Heated Three-spoke Multi-function $365 Steering Wheel in Walnut

Extended Grab Handles Trim Package in $1,640 Walnut
SiriusXMTM Satellite Radio + HD Radio $1,120 Reciever

However if YOU are in a budget try to consider the following TOTALLY worthy options that your dealership would probably not recommend:

1. Panorama Roof System $660 (worth every penny! I live in Las Vegas and the cabin doesn't overheat even when outside is 110F. Gives you a convertible feeling when is opened and it's amazing the light can get inside when is even closed)

2. Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy $1,120 Glass (most dealerships don't order this option since they think is a waste. They think the car is already very quite without it. Yeah... Right! HUGE difference. If you think the car is already quite and doesn't need this option, then if you drive one with thermally and noise insulated windows, you'll regret you didn't spent the $1120.

3. Get the Diesel! You can manage 33mpg on cruse control on road trips. Totally worth it and almost same price as the V6.

I've also read many debates about PDCC and PTV. Nope! These 2 options are not for the track, are for the road! Are for the family... For the complaining "dizzy" wife (slow down, I'm getting sick) If you can spend the extra 5k, then do it! Trust me.. you won't have to slow down anymore on those sick turns. With the PTV, every turn feels like you are on rails. Combined the 2 systems together, you drive on mountain roads and feels like you drive on a straight freeway. Handles better than my Cayman S and that says a lot! Probably my most favorite options. However, if you get these 2 options don't get them in the package. I really think you want the multifunction steering wheel, and if you get the sport package which includes the 2 systems (PTV and PDCC) then you won't get the multifunction steering wheel which I couldn't do without it!

Oil consumption: Yes it does drink some oil especially if you don't pet it and you abuse it a little.. so what? I think you can afford 8$/1000 miles to put one quart of Mobil 1 0W-40 in. For an SUV that does 175mph I think I can live with it.

Thank you for reading, I would be glad to answer any question or concern you may have,

Alex

Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Alex:
Excellent post.
Agree with you on absolutely everything.
The only option that you have that I would change would be the 19" wheels.
I like the wheel well filled out a bit more so 20" or 21" would be my choice.
Great comments on the Privacy glass.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:59 AM
maverick1715 is infamous around these parts
Hello Vitaman.

I get this a lot about the 19''

I loved the 20'' and 21'' but I like to do some off road in the country side and I think I would be limited with the big wheels. After all, 19'' don't look as bad as I though they would look.

Thank you for your comments!

Alex

Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 PM
ApeKillApe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MAPC

IMHO, I don't think that a lot of the standard car negotiating positions are valid on a 2011 or 2012 Cayenne at this point (i.e. buying at end of month, etc.).
I couldn't agree more that the standard negotiation strategies do not really apply to negotiating with these dealers when I bought mine last month for which I got less than 2% off. These people have got used to sitting on the inventory for a long time, unlike the typical BMWs and Mercedes cars. In contrast, my X5 50i, of which I took delivery in Jan, were negotiated 2000 below invoice.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 PM
ApeKillApe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by maverick1715
Hello everybody.

I'm new on this forum and I have some recommendations to give for the Cayenne 2012 options.

I just got mine delivered 2 months ago. Bellow are my options

Cayenne turbo
Premium Package Plus $5,320 White $0 Two-tone Natural Leather in $1,940 Espresso/Cognac
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball $650 Joint
Panorama Roof System $660 Wheel Arch Extensions with Side Door $990 Protection Moldings

Bi-Xenon(TM) Headlights in Black with $575 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy $1,120 Glass
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control $3,510 (PDCC)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV $1,490 Plus)

8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start $0 Stop Function
19" Cayenne Turbo Wheel $0 Wheel Hub Cover with Colored Porsche $185 Crest

17mm Rear Axle Wheel Spacers $430
14-way Power Seats with Memory $0 Package
Heated Three-spoke Multi-function $365 Steering Wheel in Walnut

Extended Grab Handles Trim Package in $1,640 Walnut
SiriusXMTM Satellite Radio + HD Radio $1,120 Reciever

However if YOU are in a budget try to consider the following TOTALLY worthy options that your dealership would probably not recommend:

1. Panorama Roof System $660 (worth every penny! I live in Las Vegas and the cabin doesn't overheat even when outside is 110F. Gives you a convertible feeling when is opened and it's amazing the light can get inside when is even closed)

2. Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy $1,120 Glass (most dealerships don't order this option since they think is a waste. They think the car is already very quite without it. Yeah... Right! HUGE difference. If you think the car is already quite and doesn't need this option, then if you drive one with thermally and noise insulated windows, you'll regret you didn't spent the $1120.

3. Get the Diesel! You can manage 33mpg on cruse control on road trips. Totally worth it and almost same price as the V6.

I've also read many debates about PDCC and PTV. Nope! These 2 options are not for the track, are for the road! Are for the family... For the complaining "dizzy" wife (slow down, I'm getting sick) If you can spend the extra 5k, then do it! Trust me.. you won't have to slow down anymore on those sick turns. With the PTV, every turn feels like you are on rails. Combined the 2 systems together, you drive on mountain roads and feels like you drive on a straight freeway. Handles better than my Cayman S and that says a lot! Probably my most favorite options. However, if you get these 2 options don't get them in the package. I really think you want the multifunction steering wheel, and if you get the sport package which includes the 2 systems (PTV and PDCC) then you won't get the multifunction steering wheel which I couldn't do without it!

Oil consumption: Yes it does drink some oil especially if you don't pet it and you abuse it a little.. so what? I think you can afford 8$/1000 miles to put one quart of Mobil 1 0W-40 in. For an SUV that does 175mph I think I can live with it.

Thank you for reading, I would be glad to answer any question or concern you may have,

Alex
Darn, I hate to say this again; I couldn't agree with you more. Specifically, the thermal and noise package is a must-have option - MUST. Ever since I sat in one with it, I have been longing to trade in my P!G and re-order it again. Not only do you get all five windows tinted for heat rejection (not to mention you don't have to take your car to some aftermarket tinter to get your formula one tint and worry about the car being scratched and messed with), the most important point is that you get a even quieter cabin in which wind and road noise is greatly reduced compared to an already quiet standard cabin. As a result, its just you and the music of the engine when you drive.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM
DanZah is infamous around these parts
On my CTT, I brought in a dufflel bag with $132k cash. They accepted it. Got the turbo for just above invoice.