Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wheel suggestions 2011 CTT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Overdraft is infamous around these parts
Wheel suggestions 2011 CTT?

Thinking about a new set of 21" wheels for my CTT. I have presently the Turbo 2 wheel on my truck which are nice actually - but I want to make it look a little more custom. I was thinking to outfit a set of snows on the 21" OEM rim and install new summer wheels with the OEM rubber on the set we are talking about.

I would have bought a set of Mansory turbines 21" M-10/1 in a heartbeat...but man they are friggen pricey! Any suggestions....good look, nice offset and reduced weight to the OEM wheel is important.

thx.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
The Turbo II wheel is forged, so it's already about 10 lbs. lighter than the stock non forged, i.e. cast, wheels. I think it would be difficult to find a wheel that's much lighter than the Turbo II, but if you want a different look, go for it!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I agree about the turbo IIs. I will tell you, after going to forged from cast, there is a difference in the way the car feels when driving. I think if handles much better. Maybe just my perception, but I think the difference is there in the weight savings.

Maybe check out some HRE offerings. They are really nice. Have a new set coming out.

J

Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 PM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
I agree about the turbo IIs. I will tell you, after going to forged from cast, there is a difference in the way the car feels when driving. I think if handles much better. Maybe just my perception, but I think the difference is there in the weight savings.

Maybe check out some HRE offerings. They are really nice. Have a new set coming out.

J
Agree all around. I (finally) have my Turbo II summer wheels on, and the unsprung weight saving is quite apparent. The HRE wheels are gorgeous, and built to a very high level of fit and finish.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Charcharius is infamous around these parts
I have HRE P40L's on order in 21" - with the brushed tinted clear coat. Delicious

Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Thanks for the great complements on our wheels.

I would take a look at our P40L, P50L, and possibly our new P90L series which will be launching end of May. Of course we have the 990R series and 940R series

P40L series - http://www.hrewheels.com/category/lu...n/p40l-series/
P50L series - http://www.hrewheels.com/category/lu...n/p50l-series/
940R series - http://www.hrewheels.com/category/lu...n/940r-series/
990R series - http://www.hrewheels.com/category/lu...n/990r-series/

And here's a teaser of the new P90L coming out in 2 weeks

Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Old 05-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Of course Alex @ Sharkwerks has to step it up a notch with his pretty pictorials !!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
How about a set of our RG5B's?

*edit*...oops...just noticed you said 21"....these are 22.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle

J
of course! less rotating mass = more felt acceleration!