Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne 2011 Two tone leather vs Air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
RandomGRK is infamous around these parts
Cayenne 2011 Two tone leather vs Air suspension

Hi all,

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm posting this for my dad who is somewhat technologically challenged.

He is in the process of ordering his Cayenne but he cant decide between the two-tone leather and the PASM/AS.

In any other situation I would say grab the PASM/AS but since my dad doesn't really drive that much, is it really necessary? My argument is that he will be enjoying his lovely interior more than realising the benefits of PASM/AS.

What do you all say?

PASM/AS even though he doesnt drive much or two-tone leather which he will see, smell and feel all the time?

Thanks all,

Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM
hrd
hrd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RandomGRK
Hi all,

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm posting this for my dad who is somewhat technologically challenged.

He is in the process of ordering his Cayenne but he cant decide between the two-tone leather and the PASM/AS.

In any other situation I would say grab the PASM/AS but since my dad doesn't really drive that much, is it really necessary? My argument is that he will be enjoying his lovely interior more than realising the benefits of PASM/AS.

What do you all say?

PASM/AS even though he doesnt drive much or two-tone leather which he will see, smell and feel all the time?

Thanks all,
More comfortable ride with air suspension, which is very nice if the roads are not so good where he is. Try to test drive one with that option if you can.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 PM
ronl is infamous around these partsronl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RandomGRK
Hi all,

What do you all say?

Thanks all,

If push really does come to shove, your passion easily answers your question. If he feels the way you do go two tone. Go with your long term gut.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hrd
More comfortable ride with air suspension, which is very nice if the roads are not so good where he is. Try to test drive one with that option if you can.
I agree. Had a steel sprung Cayenne 6 as a loaner, and the ride doesn't compare to my CTT w/ air susp. If, however, the roads are smooth where you live you may not notice the difference, especially if your Dad isn't a car guy.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
The difference is night and day w/ and w/out air suspension but that may not be something your dad will ever notice or miss.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Air suspension first, two tone second. Maybe splurge and get both?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
RandomGRK is infamous around these parts
The roads where we live are fairly good. Smooth(ish)

When we test drove the car, it had settings for soft/hard etc. Is that PASM or AS? I fiddled around with them but couldnt feel a difference. Might have to call the dealer and see if he has one for test drive vs one that doesnt have it.

I think getting both is a tad over the top

Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
From a long term reliability standpoint, I would steer clear of an air suspension. My wife's prior Audi AllRoad had one and, while it was cool to raise and lower the car, it was a constant problem. We had to have the car towed in for repair several time because of faulty suspension issues that left the car undriveable because it was "slammed" to the ground on one corner. We kept the car for the 36 month lease and sent it back without hesitation. A coworker also had an Allroad and had the same experience. If you plan on keeping the Cayenne long term, I suspect that the air suspension will be a potential high cost item once out of warranty.