Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Post pics of your *2011* Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Welcome RT,well deserved
Black is my color,but I still like your white wheels..very cool,much funner than in black..good choice
Here's another pic of my CT
http://

Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RT-7M
Thanks Pepper! Your CTT is looking awesome.

I am thinking of installing trailer hitch. Has anyone here done that aftermarket? How much does the part cost? Is it easy DIY or should I go to local dealer to do it for me? How much does the labor usually cost at your local dealer? Thanks in advance!
Just had this done last week. Installed it was $1700 and my invoice showed ~$1300 for the part and ~$400 for labor. They claim I got that at a special deal since someone misquoted me for the install - should cost $2k total. I know you can get the part for $999 from Suncoast and I think they can do the install in about 2 hours so I would guess you could get it as low as $1500 installed.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Will_J is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr99
Picked up my Cayenne in November, but finally getting around to posting some photos. Wanted to wait until I added a few tweaks to make it my own. Unfortunately white seems to be the most popular color, but here it is anyways.

Thanks to Ray for his help with the wheels. I think they look great.
Dr99,
Was thinking of picking up the same wheels. Any issues?
Best
Will

Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Dr99 is infamous around these parts
Only issue was the shop that put them on used like 1000 weights. I had them rebalance and road force which helped a little. Wheels look great and are pretty easy to clean.

Wish they made them in 21".

Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 AM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Only issue was the shop that put them on used like 1000 weights. I had them rebalance and road force which helped a little. Wheels look great and are pretty easy to clean.

I assume they are 20''? Cost? Do you have air suspension or springs?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanks Dr99. I think it looks really put together. Very clean, and doesn't try to outcompete an already amazing truck. 20s are definitely the better choice, especially with the base suspension. Otherwise the ratios start to look really off. I might order these off Ray in 20". I'm such a chicken though...

Just noticed the running boards too. Good choice.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Dr99 is infamous around these parts
Tex94 - sorry, I don't have enough posts to PM yet. This plus one more will get me there I think.

WFBlue - You are correct, they are the 20" replicas. Not sure if i'm allowed to post the price, but you can email Ray at Rottec and he's very quick to respond. I think they were a very good value for the quality. I do have the standard suspension.

Will_J - thanks for the complements. With the brutal northeast roads and my suspension, as you mentioned, 20's probably make more sense for me. I went with the OEM sized Michelin's and think its a good combo.

If there are any specific photos that would help any of you, let me know.

I actually just finished having the sport exhaust installed. I don't think the its very good value aftermarket, but if I was ordering new I'd definitely check the box.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Ok guys, I'm thinking of finally throwing down the cash for a wheel set after months of going through the motions! I've been in touch with Ray at ROTTec who replies promptly to emails and seems to have a good rep on this forum. He has several wheel sets that look great on the Cayenne. The prices are unbelievable.

These wheels are Asia copies and apparently meet the TUV standard of construction. However, with no intention to offend to anybody, the Chinese copy market doesn't always adhere to the rules when it comes to copyrights, trademarks, or patents. And although I love my fake Omega, it just isn't the real thing, nor will it last like one.

I know nothing about wheel construction, so I'm asking for help, and your gut reactions. Is there anything I need to be worried about with a more economically priced wheel set? Are these things at risk of exploding due to manufacturing problems? I don't want to be driving around on poorly constructed wheels with my wife and kid in the car. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Will

Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Will_J
Ok guys, I'm thinking of finally throwing down the cash for a wheel set after months of going through the motions! I've been in touch with Ray at ROTTec who replies promptly to emails and seems to have a good rep on this forum. He has several wheel sets that look great on the Cayenne. The prices are unbelievable.

These wheels are Asia copies and apparently meet the TUV standard of construction. However, with no intention to offend to anybody, the Chinese copy market doesn't always adhere to the rules when it comes to copyrights, trademarks, or patents. And although I love my fake Omega, it just isn't the real thing, nor will it last like one.

I know nothing about wheel construction, so I'm asking for help, and your gut reactions. Is there anything I need to be worried about with a more economically priced wheel set? Are these things at risk of exploding due to manufacturing problems? I don't want to be driving around on poorly constructed wheels with my wife and kid in the car. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Will
ditto

Old 06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I was just wondering about that myself the other day. Seeing there are dozens of "spyder style" or "turbo II style" wheels costing 1/4 the price on ebay, there's got to be a catch...

Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 PM
OpinionChan is infamous around these parts
I'm no wheel expert but my gut feeling on this is: if you can afford to buy a Porsche you can damn well afford the pricier optioned wheels. And not to mention you have your family in that car with you. Go that extra mile and for ease of mind.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by OpinionChan
I'm no wheel expert but my gut feeling on this is: if you can afford to buy a Porsche you can damn well afford the pricier optioned wheels. And not to mention you have your family in that car with you. Go that extra mile and for ease of mind.
I hear what you are saying, but it's not about affording it for me, it's about getting value for your money. You wouldn't pay $1,000 for an oil change even though you could afford it because there it's not good value for the cost, right? The Turbo II wheels for the Cayenne are $5,525 from Porsche; replicas are less that $1,000. I think people are curious (I am) what the extra $4,500 buys you other than a lower weight. I hate to pay more for something than it is really worth, and I think we are all aware that Porsche will charge whatever crazy amount for their products that they think we will pay. When I purchased my CS, dealer said he thought that the Turbo II pricing was ridiculous and that many replicas were fine. As an aside, my wife owns an MB GL and BMW 335; the cost for the upgraded wheels on each were about $1500 not $5500.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:10 AM
My impression is that there are probably 1 or 2 factories in China making 90% of the replica wheels. They probably know what they're doing, and there are probably no issues, just like most of the electronics we own. However, it's that tiny risk that has me thinking....

Does anybody know where the Porsche factory rims are made?

Best

Will

Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
I have the same feelings as WFBlue on the topic of Porsche wheels. Plus, while I really like the Turbo IIs I don't want a 21" wheel because I am looking for an all season tire. I don't live in a place where I need dedicated snow tires but I do occasionally drive up into the mountains so summer tires are no good. So for me it isn't the price as much as it is the wheel size. I am surprised there aren't better options in the 20" size - spyders are great but hard to clean.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I didn't go the replica route, b/c I was unsure on the build integrity of replicas. I heard things about them being uneven in weight distribution, heavier, and worse construction specifications.
In my opinion I paid for quality over price; wanted piece of mind. I love my turbo wheels.
I have 20 inch OZ wheels for my dedicated winter setup.
I heard of a new all season coming out in 21 I thought. But 20 inch is a good all season wheel and the options for tires are enough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your *2011* Cayenne