Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

No backup camera !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM
jay911 is infamous around these parts
If most of the parts are pre-installed, my guess is they will just pop in the camera control module. I just got a Q7 and it appears that none of the hardware is installed.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
April build and we got it. Sweet.

yes, a lot of manuf. are going through pain for Japanese source parts.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Jamaica19 is infamous around these parts
But shouldn't we get something for this?

Thank God for this board as my dealer told me nothing! But I did ask and he confirmed. My build date is mid July and to think that when I take delivery I will be asked to pay the full price but have no backup camera doesn't t sit well with me. Anyone asking for something from the dealer? The original text of the letter from (see below from panamera board link thx to wfblue) says we will be compensated but wha does that mean? I have no idea when they will really put that camera in if everyone ordering now has no camera. It could be next year!

OK, here's the full text from PCNA & my dealer on the missing camera;
Reversing camera temporarily inoperative on Porsche Cayenne and certain Porsche Panamera models
We wish to update you on the availability of the reversing camera for Porsche Cayenne vehicles and certain Porsche Panamera vehicles. The reversing camera presently cannot be installed fully (and therefore would be non-functioning), as one electronic component is temporarily unavailable because the earthquake and tsunami in Japan damaged a supplier's factory. This has created a severe world-wide parts shortage.
Therefore, the following options must be restricted until further notice:
Cayenne:
7X8 "Reversing camera incl. front and rear ParkAssist" (7X9, Japan only)
Panamera:
638 "Front and rear ParkAssist incl. reversing camera"
PLEASE NOTE: The Panamera Turbo and Panamera Turbo S models have front and rear ParkAssist including the reversing camera as standard equipment. Therefore, the very limited quantity of available components will be devoted to producing these vehicles, so long as supplies hold out.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: The front and rear ParkAssist incl. reversing camera is a part of the Premium Plus package on Panamera, Panamera S, Panamera 4, and Panamera 4S models. Orders for the Premium Plus package will be accepted and built, including the reversing camera hardware, subject to the following.

Vehicles built since CW19/2011 (approximately May 6) with any of the reversing camera options DO HAVE the camera hardware, and it CAN BE AND WILL BE retrofitted to operate, but it WILL NOT operate at the time of new vehicle delivery.

Vehicles equipped with a temporarily inoperative reversing camera will have the following no-charge option in the option string, which will be shown on your invoice and on the vehicle's Monroney label: "ZNC - Camera Delayed Functionality"

I M P O R T A N T !

Only the reversing camera display in the PCM is deactivated. All other PCM functions are still available.

The ParkAssist function (graphic parking aid display and acoustic warning) is not restricted and can be used as described in the Owner's Manual.

PCNA will retrofit all vehicles built with the inoperative reversing camera. Once retrofitted with the proper electronic component and re-programmed, the reversing camera will function exactly as designed. We expect to be able to start our retrofit campaign by the end of October 2011. This retrofit campaign will be conducted exactly as any other service action: it will be at no charge to customers, and dealers will be reimbursed at warranty labor and parts rates.

By way of apology to customers whose vehicles are delivered with a non-functioning reversing camera (option code ZNC), PCNA will compensate those customers at the time the option is retrofitted. More details will follow.

U P D A T E :

Beginning in CW27/2011 (for Panameras) and CW30/2011 (for Cayennes), an additional solution will be available through the end of August with the following options:

Cayenne:
7X7 "Reversing camera incl. front and rear ParkAssist" with reduced display
7X8 "Reversing camera incl. front and rear ParkAssist" with deactivated display
Panamera:
634 "Front and rear ParkAssist incl. reversing camera" with reduced display
638 "Front and rear ParkAssist incl. reversing camera" with deactivated display

In a simplified version the video signal from the camera is connected directly to the screen of the PCM where the scope of the camera picture will be reduced. The result is an elliptically distorted presentation, or "fish-eye" effect. Additionally, the guide lines and driving advices are missing.

Both 7X7 and 634 will be offered at the same price as 7X8 and 638, respectively.

The retrofitting subsequent to the temporary solution with limited imaging (for vehicles built up to now without the control unit) is not currently available.

We regret any inconvenience caused and ask you to inform your customers accordingly. We appreciate your support and understanding.

AfterSales and Sales Operations

Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 AM
ondarza is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know if Cayennes built in June will have an operable rearview camera or it will need to be retrofitted in future - thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 11:59 AM
mteddylee is infamous around these parts
no camera =(

my CTT is at port. It was built in June as 12' model. dealer just confirmed it will not come with rear camera. Not too sure if i will get compensated for this, what is everyone in terms of compensation from porsche for this inconvenience?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Jamaica19 is infamous around these parts
$500

Finally heard from dealer. We will get $500 gift certificate for Porsche parts and accessories upon install of the rear camera (in October or thereabouts when the new factory is back online).

Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Get nav tv rear monitor

Old 10-05-2011, 08:27 AM
oliverletz is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the resurrection ...

Does anyone have any news to share on this? I need to take mine in for a little TLC and wonder if I should put it off until the camera chip comes in.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oliverletz
Does anyone have any news to share on this? I need to take mine in for a little TLC and wonder if I should put it off until the camera chip comes in.
I was just going to make a post about with this same question.

Any news or updates for those waiting for the backup camera?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
jergans is infamous around these parts
I picked up my new Cayenne S last Friday. The camera was installed and operational. A bit shocked at how poor the quality is on the rear camera, but love everything else about the Cayenne.

This information doesn't necessarily help those waiting on an install, but it's good news for those waiting for delivery of new cars.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Hmm.. you're pretty lucky then. I picked my car up in Aug and still awaiting the parts. I emailed my sales guy last week and said he should expect the part in Nov. Crazy long delay. Anyways, I've gotten use to parking (reverse parking too) into my garage without the reverse camera. The sensors of the front/rear park assist help out big time otherwise I would have probably hit something. So, it's getting me by for now. But ya, I would love to have a rear camera to see where I'm going.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
My CS delivered last Saturday with the camera functioning (production completed on August 18th); the earthquake related delays must have affected a batch of vehicles built in early summer only.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jergans
I picked up my new Cayenne S last Friday. The camera was installed and operational. A bit shocked at how poor the quality is on the rear camera, but love everything else about the Cayenne.

This information doesn't necessarily help those waiting on an install, but it's good news for those waiting for delivery of new cars.
When I was testing out cars before I decided on the Cayenne, I was also looking at the Audi A7, and that was one of the things that struck me. How poor the image was on the backup camera.

I have a GM Denali that has a camera that looks like the Hubble compared to these pricey German cars.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:48 AM
tri5757 is infamous around these parts
backup camera

looks like they got backup camera unit compatible with Audi.
http://www.triamp.com.tw/ugC_Showroo...=&hidShowID=25

Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 PM
DonS is infamous around these parts
Yes, the quality is not great.

Another issue you'll find is when it rains the camera lens will be covered in water. Keep a tower or cloth to clean it off. If it's pouring rain, then back up the old fashion way - look out the back. Don't think they tested this issue out at design time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No backup camera !!