Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

No backup camera !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 AM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
my car just arrived with the backup camera already installed. thank god mine was just a false alarm . thanks everyone for the input please tell me if you guys also got it with the camera

Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
oliverletz is infamous around these parts
Smile camera activated

Just an update:
I got my backup camera finally activated today ... so far so good.

I am now waiting for a love letter from Porsche North America about a little compensation for the inop camera. We'll see...

Old 12-12-2011, 08:15 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by oliverletz
Just an update:
I got my backup camera finally activated today ... so far so good.

I am now waiting for a love letter from Porsche North America about a little compensation for the inop camera. We'll see...
Did they send you a letter or call you? When did you buy your Cayenne?

Thanks

Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by VinceV
Did they send you a letter or call you? When did you buy your Cayenne?

Thanks
My service advisor at Park Place Porsche called me to have the camera module installed - there is also a recall on the software for the instrument cluster which they performed. Seems the camera install is quite a procedure since they have to calibrate the alignment ... overnight surgery ...

My sales guy told me that I should get some correspondence directly from Porsche NA about the compensation for the 6 month with no camera - I got the Cayenne mid of June.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:57 AM
RGPitt is infamous around these parts
Hello,
My Dealer Called me last week that they received the control module and installed it but it took 2 days since this was the first one they installed. Also after the installation I noticed that my Park Assist is no longer shows up on the screen even the PArk Assist Option is missing after this install. I called the dealer but they had no clue. I bought my Cayenne S in November.

Please update if you guys having the same issue...!

Thanks
RG

Old 12-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by RGPitt
Hello,
My Dealer Called me last week that they received the control module and installed it but it took 2 days since this was the first one they installed. Also after the installation I noticed that my Park Assist is no longer shows up on the screen even the PArk Assist Option is missing after this install. I called the dealer but they had no clue. I bought my Cayenne S in November.

Please update if you guys having the same issue...!

Thanks
RG
Park assist works fine after my retrofit. The graphics get overlaid onto the video image in reverse gear. Install took 2 days for mine as well.

Did you get a voucher as compensation or anything?

Best, Oliver

Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 AM
RGPitt is infamous around these parts
I don't even see the Park Assist on my menu options any more...! Dealer says he will check with Porsche.

Dealer did offer $500.00 shopping free from the Catalog. Anything you like is like more than $1000.00

Thanks
RG

Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Truonk is infamous around these parts
Just recently got mine installed and the quality is quite bad. Park Assists works fine on mine, but I was wondering if it possible to upgrade the camera?

Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 PM
cjwal is infamous around these parts
Anyone heard anything or receive anything from PCNA toward compensation for the camera delay. I got mine installed about a month ago and have not heard anything.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Truonk
Just recently got mine installed and the quality is quite bad. Park Assists works fine on mine, but I was wondering if it possible to upgrade the camera?
I guess it could be, but why bother? It's a backup camera, it's meant to see if there are small things(kids,pets) directly behind your vehicle. For that it works as intended.

Originally Posted by cjwal
Anyone heard anything or receive anything from PCNA toward compensation for the camera delay. I got mine installed about a month ago and have not heard anything.
The day I had mine put in I was told I was being given a $500 credit, but that it had to be used that day. I just went through the catalog and the display case and picked out what I wanted. Got some cool trinkets that I would have never gotten on my own, but I dig them anyways.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
cjwal is infamous around these parts
Vince. I'm here in Dallas. Where are you located. Sounds like dealers are not all linked in to the same message.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by cjwal
Vince. I'm here in Dallas. Where are you located. Sounds like dealers are not all linked in to the same message.
I am in Los Angeles.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Got the call this week to have mine retrofitted. It's about time, took delivery in July '11, 6 months seems excessive. Dealer says I have $500 to use but has to be when I pick up the car. Thought it could be anything porsche but I am only allowed to select from the Porsche Design catalog, boo. Anyway I'll swipe a nice watch or something I guess.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Well, so my dealer gives a 90 day inspection for free and I had been holding off on it waiting for the backup camera so I could do both. However, it's been almost 6 months now so I thought I'd finally bring it in for the inspection. I told them on the phone when making my appointment that I had not received any call or anything about my backup camera and they said they would look into it. Well, after looking into it, they are finally installing my backup camera along with the inspection. My sales guy had originally said that it would be in order according to purchase date that the camera would be installed. I dunno, I think there was some miscommunication between parts and the sales or something. Either way, I'm glad that I finally get to use this feature soon. And I hope I do get the $500 credit for this delay.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:28 PM
DkTai is infamous around these parts
Just out of curiosity is the Cayenne's visibility that bad for it to need a backup camera? Bcs I ordered mine without it, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No backup camera !!