Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

No backup camera !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:43 PM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
No backup camera !!

Hey guys i just ordred my Cayenne S and i was informed by the sales pro that they just got a memo that all the cars will come with no rear cameras and will have to wait about 2 months. he told me they will install it for free after my car comes in . did any one have the same problem ?!?!
Thanks .

Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
No. I had a April build.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Jsonorous is infamous around these parts
When I was in for service recently the sales manager said I was lucky to get mine when I did, the backup camera and a couple of other Japanese sourced parts were holding up production for 2-6 months for cars with these options.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jsonorous
When I was in for service recently the sales manager said I was lucky to get mine when I did, the backup camera and a couple of other Japanese sourced parts were holding up production for 2-6 months for cars with these options.
Thank you !!!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM
DonS is infamous around these parts
Of all the things this car needs, it's a backup camera. Visability is nill out the back and it was the main reason I ordered it (along with the $$$ pre-requisite options).

Make sure to get it ASAP. Also, taking out the center rear headrest will help. Be carefull backing up. Like I said, it's impossible to tell what's right behind this car.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:37 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DonS
Of all the things this car needs, it's a backup camera. Visability is nill out the back and it was the main reason I ordered it (along with the $$$ pre-requisite options).

Make sure to get it ASAP. Also, taking out the center rear headrest will help. Be carefull backing up. Like I said, it's impossible to tell what's right behind this car.
I did not get the back-up camera with mine, and at first I felt like I needed it, esp after having it in my previous vehicle for 2 years. However, the f/r part assist helps a whole lot IMO, and you get used to the available visibility.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
yea it's true that you would get used to it but in a car this size it's really worth getting the camera as for the rear mid seat folding yea i was plaining on doing that good advice bro

Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
chu996c4 is infamous around these parts
I was told the same thing for my May build Panamera I just picked up.

Same story. I will let you know if I get an update.

BTW - try seeing anything out of the back of a Panamera....

Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
hrd
hrd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ALRAJHI
Hey guys i just ordred my Cayenne S and i was informed by the sales pro that they just got a memo that all the cars will come with no rear cameras and will have to wait about 2 months. he told me they will install it for free after my car comes in . did any one have the same problem ?!?!
Thanks .
Maybe a month ago a salesman told me any order I put in for a Cayenne with a rear camera would have the rear camera but no software to run it. He said the software was what was backlogged from Japan.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hrd
Maybe a month ago a salesman told me any order I put in for a Cayenne with a rear camera would have the rear camera but no software to run it. He said the software was what was backlogged from Japan.
While I heard the same thing, I am mystified how software can be backordered. It is either done or it isn't and since it worked pre-May it should work now. There has to be some missing component. I initially thought it was the camera itself but that appears to not be the case. it is a bit of a pain to have to wait...not to mention we'll all get the privilege of paying for it now but can't use it for another 6 months.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 PM
jay911 is infamous around these parts
It's not the software, it's the electrical chips. Same problem is going on with Audis.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by jay911
It's not the software, it's the electrical chips. Same problem is going on with Audis.
Makes a ton more sense...but probably a significant body of work to install the chips afterward. Will be I testing to see what is involved. If it is significant, I may wait a few extra months to order the part so they can learn how to do it on someone else's car.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 PM
jay911 is infamous around these parts
Don't know if they prepped the cars for the cameras. If they didn't, it would require installing the camera, trim, wiring, routing all that to the front of the car, programming, and calibrating. Pretty significant job if it is the case.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:02 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Camera and all of the hardware is installed, but there is one chip that is not available and will be installed in Oct-Nov. Same deal for the Panny's-talk about no rear visibility.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ckordered.html

Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Camera and all of the hardware is installed, but there is one chip that is not available and will be installed in Oct-Nov. Same deal for the Panny's-talk about no rear visibility.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ckordered.html
What will be interesting is how involved that is. I have no idea on a car but if you replace a chip on a computer you need to take apart the equipment, slide out the mother board and carefully insert it and then put it all together. I'm guessing it is similar on a car but not sure how easy it will be to actually access the chip. On the flip side, it can't be too difficult or they would just be telling people you are out of luck and no cars with cameras available for 6 months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No backup camera !!