Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Multiple 2011 Cayenne Turbo Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 AM
jesh is infamous around these parts

Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM
iceman912 is infamous around these parts
I think u can clean those ( wear) areas easily using good leather cleaning product. I had same issue (same area too)w my natural leather in cedar on my pany, it dissapear after a gentle clean..

Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Do you have any recommendations? We tried to wipe is gently and it still is on there. It almost looks like the leather got 'torn' and the dye got stripped off if that makes any sense... I don't know the proper terms for this but I think you can get what I am saying. Almost like something really rough went over it.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
LEATHERIQUE!
Get the rejuvenator And cleaner!

I use it almost twice a week for a quick 2 minute clean and my CREAM leather looks perfect. When I wear jeans get the same marks after a few days but a quick wipe and brand new looking again.
Order it today and youll be amazed and sleep better knowing I will clean everytime.

If it gets worst buy a light leather brush as well, but at current look you just need a white cloth and the cleaner is my guess and I know my stuff.

You'll thank me and give
Me rep points for life.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
LEATHERIQUE!
Get the rejuvenator And cleaner!

I use it almost twice a week for a quick 2 minute clean and my CREAM leather looks perfect. When I wear jeans get the same marks after a few days but a quick wipe and brand new looking again.
Order it today and youll be amazed and sleep better knowing I will clean everytime.

If it gets worst buy a light leather brush as well, but at current look you just need a white cloth and the cleaner is my guess and I know my stuff.

You'll thank me and give
Me rep points for life.
I will check out: http://www.amazon.com/Leatherique-Re...8247516&sr=8-1

What do you think?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Looks fine. Id always purchase directly from
I buy in bulk 2+ gallons at a time so they work with me on pricing.
Call them, she's nice to deal with.

Id get both the rejuvenator and cleaner. Haven't used the rejuvenator in my CTT yet but use in in all my aircraft, works wonderfully. I use the cleaner weekly though.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Jsonorous is infamous around these parts
"Small square/rectangular piece near the front quarter panel on passengers side is coming loose, this is a bad shot and it's the drivers side, but it's the same on the other side."

I have one of these pieces on the lower driver side in front of the door pulling up, I'm glad I'm not alone.

I have the sport seats too and have been turning so my leg kind of fits in between the top and bottom side bolsters, so far so good. There is slight wear on the bottom bolster (very, very slight crease), I imagine it will get worse over time -- but I do love the sport seats!

Sorry to hear about these issues.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Did the Leatherique take care of the initial issue on the seats of the OP?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
No, the leather needs to be redyed.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Did the dealer take care of it or we on our own for this issue??

BTW ,there's something call Klear Kote that offers some sort of protection. I wonder if it works.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:30 PM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
Not only does your leather look dirty, but a careful look at the perforations closest to the stitching shows tear. That should not be like that.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM
use the cleaner, then use the dye matched conditioner/dye.
Then after that depending on your color, use the klear kote.
The clear coat isn't best used on my cream leather color b/c it adds a shinny look when applied and dries.

But the first two procedures I listed will clean and then fill in that wear away look.
My CREAM looks brand new and I have 17,000 miles now on it.
Cream is the hardest to keep clean with jean wear and discoloring, but I somehow manage.
good luck!

Old 02-04-2012, 02:59 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
use the cleaner, then use the dye matched conditioner/dye.
Then after that depending on your color, use the klear kote.
The clear coat isn't best used on my cream leather color b/c it adds a shinny look when applied and dries.

But the first two procedures I listed will clean and then fill in that wear away look.
My CREAM looks brand new and I have 17,000 miles now on it.
Cream is the hardest to keep clean with jean wear and discoloring, but I somehow manage.
good luck!
Any idea if the Cayenne (S in my case) comes with "clear coated" or "top coated" leather. There is an interesting (for us weirdos) conversation about this topic here: http://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-...atherique.html. Seems to imply leatherique may not be best used in cases where the leather is treated with a coating by the manufacturer.

I am also wondering whether leather conditioning can affect the front seat ventilation. I am not pouring Leatherique on the seats; I use a spray bottle and rub it in, but I wonder whether I should be more careful about the volume. You opinions are greatly appreciated.

Finally (and SIAP), will leatherique change the color of the leather or make it shiny. I have used both the conditioner and cleaner on my other vehicles but not yet on my Cayenne- I have a black interior.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Spraying conditioner will not affect the ventilation.
Use sonax as well for routine cleaning, aswsome product. I spray quite a bit quite often and don't not have ever had any issues.
Leatherique cleaner will not change color of leather unless your removing the blue marks from your jeans, then it removes the jean marks and leaves your nice leather color.
It's not the type of cleanerthat when applied and dried leaves behind a cream haze. It dries clean when rubbed over leather. I use the bristle brushes when I forget to clean one week and then have extra jean marks the next week.

I remember my friend Amar discussing your first question before so I will not attempt. I'm not as leather dyed/colored natural/analine savvy.

Good luck!