Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Multiple 2011 Cayenne Turbo Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM
jesh is infamous around these parts
Multiple 2011 Cayenne Turbo Issues

1600 miles on car.

Issues so far:

PCM has issues. Supposedly this is a known problem, as there are two other turbo's in the dealer with this. The screen basically flips out by scrolling and lines all over it, then it just goes black. I've heard two excuses so far: one was a bad part from Bosche, the other is contact list overload from the iPhone. ????? Anyone know anything about this?

Small square/rectangular piece near the front quarter panel on passengers side is coming loose, this is a bad shot and it's the drivers side, but it's the same on the other side.

Leather on sports seats is ALREADY wearing with 1600 miles. I was told this is because of how the seat is and getting in and out of the car. The leather is definitely worn out already!!!! What the hell?

145k doesn't get you much these days??

Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Forgot to mention... the "Turbo" stickers on the engine are both coming off, too...

Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jesh
Forgot to mention... the "Turbo" stickers on the engine are both coming off, too...
...seriously? i'd like to see pics of these parts coming off. i dont believe it!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
My turbo sticker are lifting up as well. Just pushed them back but still an issue
Does your dealership have a leather warranty package..
Mine does in case
Of wear stitching fade ink anything. If it can't be fixed they'll replace. It's a 1,500 option I think..,

Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Enilder
...seriously? i'd like to see pics of these parts coming off. i dont believe it!
If you really want a picture of it I can take one, but like Jace said, he has the same issue.

Jace, as for warranty, I don't believe so. Porsche supposedly told him to 'teach clients how to properly enter and exit the vehicle'. I mean come on. 1600 miles the car should NOT have this kind of wear on it like it has. I will post pictures later!!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
here is a quick pic . the heat from the engine I am guessing loosens the glue that holds these down. not a huge issue but an issue nonetheless.

Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Yikes!!!
Parts coming unglued..undone
Pretty lame if you ask me for a company that prides itself on its precision engineering and design....
Fortunately,in 2000 miles of spirited autobahn driving and a 1000 miles on twisty French country roads,my CT ran perfectly and i did not have a single 'issue' and every single mile was a treat
Now,I have another 4-6 weeks before my pepper makes it to the US

Old 06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Has anyone had wear on their sport seats where the support is on the drivers side from going in and out of it? Only 1600 miles on the car... the dealership is saying that there is no way they could have done that when I dropped it off for an oil change.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
I have the PCM issues too. My system reboots frequently! Very frustrating.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by GBXSport
I have the PCM issues too. My system reboots frequently! Very frustrating.
Does it scroll like crazy and pretty much just freak out, then turn black? Mine doesn't even reboot, I have to turn the car off, and sometimes it won't turn back on until the next morning!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:49 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
The leather should show minimal wear (as long as you clean and condition it regularly and ease in and out of it with due dilligence). While I understand it is not that easy to get into an SUV without some amount of pressure on the side bolsters (one of the reasons why I contemplated running boards) try to go easy especially when you get out. It is quite amazing how fresh my Cayenne's side bolsters look after 7 K miles when compared to my '09 C4S that already had bolster wear when I picked it up "new" after like 100 to 110 test driven miles. Both have natural leather BTW. Your saviour would be leatherique. Before and after difference would be night and day. My C4S has been brought back to a very nice patina thanks to regular upkeep w/ cleaning and conditioning.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 06-15-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
that sucks, sorry to hear. i paid 60k for my car and if i had the same problems as you i'd be pissed. paying 145k... another ballpark.

i have to say though, that is pretty stupid to fixate stickers onto an engine with glue.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Davykurniadi is infamous around these parts
Jesh,

I bought with factory installed side running board. this helps you to get in and out.

davy

Old 06-16-2011, 03:58 AM
dubai_m5 is infamous around these parts
i agree the seats wears because of the entering and exiting the car i have small issue some noise from my door from the interior its like something lose inside makes a bit sound while driving and on speed bumps and specially when entering my garage its uphill

Old 06-16-2011, 07:25 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jesh
Does it scroll like crazy and pretty much just freak out, then turn black? Mine doesn't even reboot, I have to turn the car off, and sometimes it won't turn back on until the next morning!
Fortunatly, no. It just blacks out and reboots (White Screen w/ Porsche Crest).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Multiple 2011 Cayenne Turbo Issues