Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New color - White - for 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:57 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
New color - White - for 2012

I was toying around with the online configurator today and noticed a new color choice available for the Cayenne - White. I wonder how different Sand White & White will look in person? I never thought Sand White showed well in the online tool... and when I saw Sand White in person just before placing my order, it was dirty from the rain and looked dingy, therefore I went with Classic Silver. Now that I've had a chance to see more Sand White Cayennes on the road and in pics, I really like Sand White.

However, I know I would like a bright white much more. Could be an option when I'm ready for a new one.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
Damn, if i would have known this i would have changed my order! Sand white is gross IMO. This looks a lot better! I guess dark blue will have to do!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
I also did not get the white since it's sand white. If it was more white like an Alpine white or something, i would have gotten it.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:47 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
I love the sand white.. really stands out and covers up the dirty great!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I'm in the process of ordering a 2012 CS for the Mrs. and spec'd it with 0Q=White and got this response back for the salesman today:

The ONLY color available is sand white which IS a true white as the sand white is a misleading name. The other color "std white" is NOT even available until November 2011 production at which time the sand white name is discontinued. EVERY "white" Cayenne that you have seen on the road is called a "sand white" and if you were close by my dealership I would show you!
so, if what he is saying is true the current white on every Cayenne currently is "sand white" but after Nov. there will only be a WHITE? I basically do not like the pearly looking white/beige color and want WHITE like my previous Carrera White. Should I just wait until that color is available?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slw23
..... Could be an option when I'm ready for a new one.
Hey C'mon now, don't ditch my twin

Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
I'm in the process of ordering a 2012 CS for the Mrs. and spec'd it with 0Q=White and got this response back for the salesman today:

so, if what he is saying is true the current white on every Cayenne currently is "sand white" but after Nov. there will only be a WHITE? I basically do not like the pearly looking white/beige color and want WHITE like my previous Carrera White. Should I just wait until that color is available?
I find it a little strange that the dealer is saying Sand White is/or will be the same as White, while both are available on the configurator today. Doesn't quite add up. The Sand White on the configurator doesn't do the color justice- it's much nicer in real pics and in person. It's not beige at all, but it's also not a pure White. Maybe try calling another dealer to ask? I also heard White won't be available until Nov, so that part seems accurate.

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Hey C'mon now, don't ditch my twin
Ha! I'm not, not anytime soon anyway. Still enjoying my 6 and have less than 5k miles on her... we've got a ways to go.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:40 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
I have both a Sand White Cayenne and an Alpine White M3. When the two are parked next to each other in the garage, the Sand White has a slight yellow/cream undertone compared to the BMW's bluish tint. They both are very nice and look white. The Porsche is just "warmer" looking while the BMW white is more harsh.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
ronl is infamous around these partsronl is infamous around these parts
My 2 cents. The sand white is warmer and goes well with the natural espresso/cognac-especially with warm wood trim and handles but I am biased

The bluish tint cool white may go better with blue and black interiors, carbon, etc. Sportier and modern as opposed to the more classic combo.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Saw the 2 Porsche White samples (with curved surfaces) in a Showroom yesterday. Ronl's comments are spot on.
They are discontinuing the Sand White and will only have the more traditional White available. I thought the Sand White was warmer and more interesting.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
sand white on the config is yellow, in person its very white and no pearl or color to it..

white white will be carrera white (fridge white) it's just a purer shade of white,

i can only tell sand white is not white when parked next to a pure white vehicle, like a white work van or similar.

also depends on interior, with beige it looks yellow. with black it looks more white.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 AM
mydxb is infamous around these parts
the new white pic

i have a pic of the new white which was brought to dubai in the motor show day and was sold as well. the turbo in the right is with the new white. sorry the pic is taken from a mobile. the person it does not look much different than the sand white . in the garage you wont notice the difference! it is brighter.

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:32 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Im glad I waited for the Carrera white. =)

Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 PM
salem55 has a spectacular aura aboutsalem55 has a spectacular aura about
my dxb,
Thank you for the Pic

Old 12-22-2011, 09:12 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Was at a dealer today and the salesman brought up some bs about the sand white color key being wiped out in Japan tsunami, so all future cayennes will be white only. This was his explanation for the $3000 markup over MSRP on the only white cayenne in the lot. Glad my wife wasn't interested in the white, or else I'd have to set this idiot straight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New color - White - for 2012