Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CA dealer/salesman recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
I spoke to one dealer who will do $2k off msrp, let me know if you're interested in that deal Blake.

I've heard some people on these boards stating $4-5k above invoice, tho, thus my search keeps continuing

Sanchez: I'll give niello group a call, thanks!
New to this board, but I thought I'd chime in to maybe help others out. I special ordered a 2012 Cayenne Turbo and I live in N. Cal. What I did when I was finally ready to buy was I pit dealer against each other. I ended up with $5K under MSRP that I initially got from one dealer. I took that discount and asked the dealership I was working with and the salesguy that was helping us all along. They relented and agreed to honor that price. I would suggest that people do the same if you wanted to buy this SUV. You just have to go into a dealership not being too eager to buy. Tell them you're patient and can wait. Helped for me. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by No.92
New to this board, but I thought I'd chime in to maybe help others out. I special ordered a 2012 Cayenne Turbo and I live in N. Cal. What I did when I was finally ready to buy was I pit dealer against each other. I ended up with $5K under MSRP that I initially got from one dealer. I took that discount and asked the dealership I was working with and the salesguy that was helping us all along. They relented and agreed to honor that price. I would suggest that people do the same if you wanted to buy this SUV. You just have to go into a dealership not being too eager to buy. Tell them you're patient and can wait. Helped for me. Good luck.
I did the same thing but it only works sometimes. Some of the dealers couldn't give a rat's *** if someone else is offering a better deal. I ended up getting a CS for $4K and change over invoice I was trying to squeeze an even bigger discount but couldn't. Most of the dealers were like "ok we can't beat that" knowing that they can sell to the next guy that walks in since most of these are difficult to keep on the lot. You need to be patient and you need a little luck.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by bruinxman
I did the same thing but it only works sometimes. Some of the dealers couldn't give a rat's *** if someone else is offering a better deal. I ended up getting a CS for $4K and change over invoice I was trying to squeeze an even bigger discount but couldn't. Most of the dealers were like "ok we can't beat that" knowing that they can sell to the next guy that walks in since most of these are difficult to keep on the lot. You need to be patient and you need a little luck.
I agree. That's what the manager and the sales guy was telling us. The allocations were so few and this SUV remains a hot commodity that the next guy will walk in and pay full price for it. I think with the options that I got that pushed the price up a bit, they were willing to do it. I was surprised I was able to get anything frankly. I would have been happy with $2k off MSRP, but the one dealer just asked me what it would take to get my business. I was already up to $3k at another dealership so I just made a stab in the dark for $5K. It worked and I'm glad I tried at least. I would have probably paid full MSRP for it as well, but this discount allowed me to get some more things I wasn't planning on getting as options.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by No.92
I agree. That's what the manager and the sales guy was telling us. The allocations were so few and this SUV remains a hot commodity that the next guy will walk in and pay full price for it. I think with the options that I got that pushed the price up a bit, they were willing to do it. I was surprised I was able to get anything frankly. I would have been happy with $2k off MSRP, but the one dealer just asked me what it would take to get my business. I was already up to $3k at another dealership so I just made a stab in the dark for $5K. It worked and I'm glad I tried at least. I would have probably paid full MSRP for it as well, but this discount allowed me to get some more things I wasn't planning on getting as options.
One of the guys on here got 8.5% off his CTT but he was in the mid-west. I called that same dealer the guy was really nice but after shipping ($1K) it was only $200 better than the deal I had locally. So I just went local rather than the hassle of dealing with a dealer that far away just in case something happened not worth the risk.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by bruinxman
One of the guys on here got 8.5% off his CTT but he was in the mid-west. I called that same dealer the guy was really nice but after shipping ($1K) it was only $200 better than the deal I had locally. So I just went local rather than the hassle of dealing with a dealer that far away just in case something happened not worth the risk.
Ok cool. Ya $200 is not worth the extra stress of shipping it. Might get chipped or paint scratch during the delivery or something.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:00 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Found a dealer in socal offering $4k off msrp. Tried pushing $5 and buying a PANA at the same time but they won't a budge. Will probably put the deposit down after the weekend instead hassling around any longer for another $1000.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:32 AM
tabolau is infamous around these parts
$4k Off for a V6?

Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
Yeah, having finally chosen a dealer and put my deposit down, I feel a great sigh of relief. I had called quite a few dealers, many of which were reluctant to come down from MSRP at all. Many of which, quite frankly, didn't even seem to want to talk to me. Left voicemails, only half a time I get a call back.

Others, I would explain the exact configuration I wanted, as well as the amount over invoice I was willing to pay, and the best offer I'd received to date, and then I'd be subjected to a lecture about how I was an idiot for not jumping on that other dealer's offer, and even being incosiderate for "shopping around" after being offered such a great deal. Or a lecture about how price isn't everything, and I'm being stingy and losing sight of the bigger picture that money's not everything (do Porsche customers, who are already willing to pay probably 5X what most people are willing to on a car, need this kind of beratement??)

In the end, I tried not to take it personally, told them I understood they had a very limited # of allocations and that they were free to charge whatever price they like for them, and moved on to the next dealer. In the end, I was surprised which dealer actually ended up relenting more on price (it was not what I expected given what I'd read on the boards), and that was the one I went with. Bottom line, don't ever count a dealer out, you never know how low they may be willing to go, if they sense they're not going to get your business

Last edited by finiteyoda; 08-07-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 AM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tabolau
$4k Off for a V6?
CS/$96k msrp

Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 AM
tabolau is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
CS/$96k msrp
I see, Thanks!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Coach Pete is infamous around these parts
I would stay away from Rector of Burlingame. Very unprofessional as they wouldnt offer to drill out a couple of holes for a front license plate bracket with out a cost. And the Cayenne was bought from them a few years ago. All they said was "we're not interested in offering this service with out a cost". Very poor judgement on their part as they just lost my business with them over a 2 minute job that is required by law and should've been done when the truck was sold.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Hm, that's unfortunate to hear... Out of curiosity tho, why would you *want* to add the front license plate bracket on your car? Between me and my wife, we've probably been pulled over in California 7 or 8 times, and I've never once gotten hassled over no front license plate. I've heard of it happening to a friend once, but it seems like just a very rare occurrence (and as a fix it offense, one of the cheapest to deal with).

Old 08-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Coach Pete is infamous around these parts
It's a very common ticket here in San Francisco. A neighbor of mine got one last week on his MB parked outside his house. It's a waste of $60.00, but if I had it my way, of course I wouldnt want that ugly plate in front my Cayenne.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Good point, I forgot about the parking cops in SF... I probably never got hit by this since I always use the parking garages when I drive up to SF. The more and more they raise meter prices and other frivolous parking violation tickets, the more it makes me just want to avoid going there for anything.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
Hm, that's unfortunate to hear... Out of curiosity tho, why would you *want* to add the front license plate bracket on your car? Between me and my wife, we've probably been pulled over in California 7 or 8 times, and I've never once gotten hassled over no front license plate. I've heard of it happening to a friend once, but it seems like just a very rare occurrence (and as a fix it offense, one of the cheapest to deal with).
I did get hit once on my TT. I was driving through downtown San Jose and I think the cops were just on the road looking for people to pull over. The only thing he pulled me over for was the plate. Kind of ridiculous but eh whatever. I put the plate on the front using twist ties, then had a friend copy sign off that I have a front license plate and sent it in. Afterwards, I just cut the twist ties off to remove the plate. For me, not having plates is more aesthetically pleasing and plus the car design did not intend to have a plate in front. If it did, it would have a grove where a plate would go. I know it's wrong, but I just like the look without the plate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CA dealer/salesman recommendations?