Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

DRL LED's on turbo vs s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:36 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
DRL LED's on turbo vs s?

I saw a 2012 S in person yesterday, and noticed the LED DRL running below the headlight is just a straight horizontal line. However, in the photo's I've seen on porsche's website (of the turbo), the LED's below the headlamp seem to form a rectangular shape (attached below).

Are the LED DRL's different style on the turbo? I know the turbo also has the 4-spotlight led's in the main headlamp, I didn't realize the LED's below the headlamp are also different. Can anyone with a turbo confirm?

Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Mine looks exactly like the one in the picture you have there. When driving during the day the CTT does not have the led strip lite up only the 4 dots in the headlight. The CS does have the led strip on during daylight.
The rectangle shape of the led strip is on the panny turbo compared to the staight line led strip of the panny non turbo models.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Cool, that's what I had thought, thank you for confirming! Curious which people like better... the rectangular led certainly looks sharper and more unique, I wish it were on during the daytime too tho I'm guessing it wouldn't be bright enough to really see in the daylight...

Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
The led strip is bright enough to see during the day and you can have it done that way, just put the light switch on the ON position instead of auto. You do not have to worry about turning the light off when you turn the car off because the car is very smart and will turn off the lights even though you left it in the ON position. I wish all cars were that smart, so our wives and mothers do not kill the batteries

Old 07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I wish all cars were that smart, so our wives and mothers do not kill the batteries
Haha, amen brother. I take it when you put the light switch in ON, that means the main headlamps will also be on all the time too. Would be nice if they could make just the LED's and 4 spotlight LED's on during daylight hours.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 PM
mteddylee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
Haha, amen brother. I take it when you put the light switch in ON, that means the main headlamps will also be on all the time too. Would be nice if they could make just the LED's and 4 spotlight LED's on during daylight hours.
Amen to that! i confirmed with my rep 3 times to see if there are ways to leave the LED stay on during the day with the headlight off. So far we don't have a solution for it yet!...

Old 08-02-2011, 12:24 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Uhh?
I can do that. Just select the DRL option in the PCM and my led strips stay on all the time, not my headlights.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by galion
Uhh?
I can do that. Just select the DRL option in the PCM and my led strips stay on all the time, not my headlights.
let me go try it again tomorrow. last time when i checked the DRL option box only the 4 spot light came on but not the LED strip.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by galion
Uhh?
You have a turbo or an s tho? Your avatar is a CS...

Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 PM
so..

for an S it is possible to leave only the LED strip on by selecting DRL

but for the Turbo only the 4 spot light will come on and not the LED strip itself?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
When in on mode vs auto, rotating headlights when turning and wheel turning are stationary

Old 08-02-2011, 10:46 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Oh sorry, my bad.
Mine is a CS, not a turbo.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Good news CTT owners! SA said they can program the CTT to have only the LED strip come on and not the headlights during the day.

i'll try to update when i find out more information.
mike

Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM
negative on setting the LED strip for DRL, SA needs to contact porsche to find out how to do it as none of the service guys could figure it out.

are there anyone who's tried this on their CTT and can share methods to program this?

Old 08-18-2011, 03:24 AM
salem55 has a spectacular aura aboutsalem55 has a spectacular aura about
ohh ....no body find out yet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DRL LED's on turbo vs s?