Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Perma-Wax, is it a scam?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Perma-Wax, is it a scam?

I was wondering what you guys on here thought about the dealer option of perma-wax or a permanent clear coat? I did some research on this and a lot of people have said that it's a scam (including people who work or have worked at the dealership). I got this for my Audi TT years ago and thought it looked great, but I'm wondering if it was just a very good clear coat from the factory that has lasted all these years. Instead of the perma-wax, I was going to try this sealant:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sc_sfl_title_4

Do you guys have any experience with this? If so, any suggestions or warnings?

Old 08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
in one short word...Yes!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
Yeah, anything regarding paint that bills itself as "permanent" sounds like a scam to me... Your best bet is to have your car waxed at regular intervals to protect it.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
How's the simoniz glass coat?
Dealership charges 895 for this but they are doing it for free be of their scratching my vehicle screw-up. What should I get from them as proof it was actually done?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:45 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't do it. The simoniz is just a budget grade wax which might last 6 months, not 6 years. Total ripoff if you pay $895 for it. Check out: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...d-simoniz.html

Personally, if the dealer scratched my car, I would want them to pay for me to take it to a body shop and have it repaired to brand new condition. If it's a light scratch, maybe it can be buffed out. But if it's to the paint level, I'd be kind of livid.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
I wouldn't do it. The simoniz is just a budget grade wax which might last 6 months, not 6 years. Total ripoff if you pay $895 for it. Check out: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...d-simoniz.html

Personally, if the dealer scratched my car, I would want them to pay for me to take it to a body shop and have it repaired to brand new condition. If it's a light scratch, maybe it can be buffed out. But if it's to the paint level, I'd be kind of livid.
I second that. When I picked up my old Toyota, it was scratched right when I picked it up the 1st time. I was naive then and even though I was upset, I was too nice to not deny delivery of the car. I accepted the dealer's terms to fix the scratch, which went down through the clear coat and to the paint. And then when I received it after the "fix", it was horrible. You could totally tell the difference between the painted part and the factory paint. I will never accept an imperfect car again. Even if it's the Cayenne. They would have to do something significant to remedy the situation for me to accept the car. So, just a word of advice, demand that it be repaired to factory standards. If not, I'd call a lawyer about it.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Use Zaino all in one if you want one of the best looking products. Looks great on black!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Vyper340
Use Zaino all in one if you want one of the best looking products. Looks great on black!
What I ended up doing was using Klasse All-in-one then applied the Klasse High Gloss Sealant. So far, I couldn't be happier with it. Very shiny and I think it prevents swirl-type marks if you wipe your hand across the paint.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Klasse is good. Check out Zaino to learn about the differences. I use Klasse on my boats but prefer Zaino for the black cars. It is by far the best I've found for clarity and depth of shine com ined with the best protection.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.