Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne S.....My FIRST Porsche!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Black Pepper S is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up 2012 Cayenne S.....My FIRST Porsche!!

I had to get a bigger ride with the arrival of our third child, so I traded in my 2010 BMW Z4 and an Acura MDX to get my first Porsche a couple of weeks ago. I purchased a dealer-stock, 2012 Black Cayenne S optioned with Premium Plus, Black interior with Anthracite, Panoramic roof, 19" turbo wheels. I was able to get a good trade-in value and $3500 off MSRP; financing the balance thereafter (2.9%). The other dealer in town was only giving $1500 off MSRP for a 2011 he had in stock (same options as the 2012 but no Panoramic roof) and NO discount on a 2012.

My driving impression so far? Amazing. This is the finest vehicle I have driven. There is so much to appreciate about the Cayenne that does not come from a simple test drive; of which I took two 20 minute plus drives and came away thinking it was nice but nothing great.

The things I appreciate after owning the Cayenne: Just a beautiful vehicle outside and in. Very solid look and feel. Excellent fit and finish. Every interior component feels just right. The only knock I have is with the turn signal and wiper stalks which feel cheap compared to my other vehicles (E Class, Sienna ). Very comfortable seating (14-way power) and ride. The panoramic roof gives a nice sense of openness (not like my previous convertible, but i don't miss the open air ride). Lots of space for the family.

I have yet to put the Cayenne through the paces but driving on the highway and just passing people without any engine strain is wonderful. The best analogy I can come up with is that this a very well-trained Rottweiler. Something my wife can drive easily and with the power to do what you please. Just awesome.

P.S. There is an issue with the AC pumping out warm, humid air when it is clearly not indicated. Based on another forum, I'll try to get that infrared sensor looked at to see if that sorts things out.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:59 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
Awesome, glad you're liking the new ride! Would love to see some pics

Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 AM
yiliceo11 is infamous around these parts
nice drive, better if you put some pictures for us to enjoy. haha

Old 08-14-2011, 04:21 AM
kwihk is infamous around these partskwihk is infamous around these parts
Congratulation! Cayenne sure is a beautiful car witch performs like it should be!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:02 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
We need pictures!!!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by kw911TT
We need pictures!!!!!
Its been raining here in Pittsburgh so I have not been able to get any high-res shots....here are some simple iPhone pics to tease the masses with...

Attached Images    

Last edited by Black Pepper S; 08-15-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
Wow, nice beautiful shots! Like the blacked out look

Old 08-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I'll post some more as the weather improves. This really is a fun vehicle to drive. I look for excuses to drive it around. I'm glad I went for the premium Plus package...raising it up and down gives the kids the same thrill as when they would watch my convertible top "transform." I just received my Porsche Club of America membership card today too. Now to figure out what to do with it.

Simple pleasures for simple kids....they get to sit in a Porsche now as opposed to waiting 35+yrs like I did.

Last edited by Black Pepper S; 08-15-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: added more info.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 PM
2012CV6 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your new car! I have a 2012 Cayenne V6 on order scheduled for an October 8th build date. I am very anxious to see shots of your car with the anthracite interior. Do you have the anthracite steering wheel? My interior is black and my wife and I went back and forth with whether to do anthracite or walnut and we went with walnut. Did the steering wheel as well. We just weren't sure if the anthracite would blend too much with a black interior. We have Auburn for the exterior color and see it as a luxurious color and thought walnut was the best choice to complement that color.

Trev

Old 08-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by 2012CV6
Congrats on your new car! I have a 2012 Cayenne V6 on order scheduled for an October 8th build date. I am very anxious to see shots of your car with the anthracite interior. Do you have the anthracite steering wheel? My interior is black and my wife and I went back and forth with whether to do anthracite or walnut and we went with walnut. Did the steering wheel as well. We just weren't sure if the anthracite would blend too much with a black interior. We have Auburn for the exterior color and see it as a luxurious color and thought walnut was the best choice to complement that color.

Trev
I do not have the anthracite steering wheel or "grab" handles. The anthracite on the dash and center console blends in with the black interior very nicely and does not stand out as a lighter-colored wood would (). The wood does add a touch of luxury/warmth which I like.

As I bought my '12 Cayenne S off the dealer stock and not pre-ordered, I didn't mind it at all. The possible interior combinations that Porsche offers is dizzying and I'm kinda glad I didn't give myself a choice.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, the more time you spend w/ your beauty the more you will truly appreciate what the vehicle is all about. It's the best sports luxury vehicle in the market.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I had the AC issue addressed today. There were no engine faults when they checked things out. Nice cool drive home.