Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

The CS is finally here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
The CS is finally here!

The CS finally arrived yesterday and we went down to the dealer to pick her up. First impression is that it looks amazing in person. I know some of you don't like how the rear looks but I do. The Jet Black is an awesome color as the metallic gives it a little bit of a different look depending on lighting. The CS was sitting in the middle of the showroom floor (locked!) and waiting for us. My 3.5 yr old daughter came along and was the first to jump into the ride...she loves it. I guess I'm going to move her Recaro seat into the CS.

The panorama roof is the coolest option ever...it just gives the vehicle a totally different feel. When the screen is closed it actually feels like you have a solid roof...unless you look directly up at the sun then you can see light shining through ever so slightly. But if you are just driving you won't notice any sun. When its open its just awesome .

The sales team was pretty great they took a lot of time walking us through everything. The biggest hang up (I am still trying to figure this out) was trying to sync my Samsung Galaxy S phone with PCM via bluetooth for the media device. The phone was able to sync and I was able to make calls but I was unable to play my music through the vehicle. Tried with the wife's blackberry and the sales guy's Iphone but no luck. Not sure if its a software thing or a settings issue. If anyone else has had experience with this difficulty please let me know.

When the CS was fired up in the showroom the V8 sounded great even with the stock exhaust system. Currently looking into an after market exhaust to make it sounds a little more mean.

Haven't had a chance to even fully play with things (PCM has a lot of features) or try all the options yet but that's what weekends are for.

For some reason I thought the side markers came in clear instead of orange (probably because everyone has swapped out the OEM ones on this forum) and the sales guy said in every country it comes in clear except the US. Has anyone purchased the clear ones from Suncoast and changed these themselves? Hopefully its pretty easy.

Next up is the clear bra (I'm thinking of going full front hood rather than partial) and tinting.

Again thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and information as it definitely helped me figure things out. I've attached a photo from my phone.

Attached Images  

Last edited by bruinxman; 08-17-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Congrats and enjoy! I'm hoping to take delivery in the next week or so.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Atlanta_Cayenne is infamous around these parts
looks great! Welcome to the club.

I got the side markers from a local dealer (they matched suncoasts price). They weren't too bad to install - There are instructions in the manual on how to replace the bulb - just follow those instructions.

I got my clear bra shortly after delivery - don't wait too long as I had to get a couple nicks touched up before they applied it. I only got the partial hood install. The installers recommended the partial hood on the Cayennes especially on the darker colors (I have the dark blue).

Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Black Pepper S is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new addition.

I have not had any issues with playing music through my iPhone4 either via a direct connection or via Bluetooth. There is no special setting that I had to go through to get it to work. An iPod touch works just as well.

You are right about the panoramic roof. I drove with it open today and it was wonderful. It is a huge opening compared to a standard moon-roof. For $650 extra, its a no-brainer addition unless you're a vampire.

I chose not to go with the Clear-bra. I'm waiting on the arrival of the running boards from Europe....still on back order for some reason...I am also debating about adding roof rails. Would you go with the aluminum rails or black? I can't figure out if the aluminum would give a better sporting contrast with the Black exterior.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Welcome and Congrats, enjoy the car in good health

Old 08-17-2011, 11:21 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
Congrats, she looks great! I ordered the side markers from Sunset. Personally, I thought it was a b*tch to remove the first marker, but other side took 10 mins once I figured it out. There's a good thread on RL that explains how to switch them out.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:19 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy the beauty safely for years to come. It's a great ute.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:00 AM
mteddylee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruinxman
The CS finally arrived yesterday and we went down to the dealer to pick her up. First impression is that it looks amazing in person. I know some of you don't like how the rear looks but I do. The Jet Black is an awesome color as the metallic gives it a little bit of a different look depending on lighting. The CS was sitting in the middle of the showroom floor (locked!) and waiting for us. My 3.5 yr old daughter came along and was the first to jump into the ride...she loves it. I guess I'm going to move her Recaro seat into the CS.

The panorama roof is the coolest option ever...it just gives the vehicle a totally different feel. When the screen is closed it actually feels like you have a solid roof...unless you look directly up at the sun then you can see light shining through ever so slightly. But if you are just driving you won't notice any sun. When its open its just awesome .

The sales team was pretty great they took a lot of time walking us through everything. The biggest hang up (I am still trying to figure this out) was trying to sync my Samsung Galaxy S phone with PCM via bluetooth for the media device. The phone was able to sync and I was able to make calls but I was unable to play my music through the vehicle. Tried with the wife's blackberry and the sales guy's Iphone but no luck. Not sure if its a software thing or a settings issue. If anyone else has had experience with this difficulty please let me know.

When the CS was fired up in the showroom the V8 sounded great even with the stock exhaust system. Currently looking into an after market exhaust to make it sounds a little more mean.

Haven't had a chance to even fully play with things (PCM has a lot of features) or try all the options yet but that's what weekends are for.

For some reason I thought the side markers came in clear instead of orange (probably because everyone has swapped out the OEM ones on this forum) and the sales guy said in every country it comes in clear except the US. Has anyone purchased the clear ones from Suncoast and changed these themselves? Hopefully its pretty easy.

Next up is the clear bra (I'm thinking of going full front hood rather than partial) and tinting.

Again thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and information as it definitely helped me figure things out. I've attached a photo from my phone.
SWEEEET! the long wait has finally paid off! Jet Black is def a very cool color as under direct sunlight the car changes in color slightly! I still can't decide whether to go with Fabspeed or Tubi for exahust, Tubi are known for loudness and I always enjoyed fabspeed, which one will you be going for?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Black Pepper S
I am also debating about adding roof rails. Would you go with the aluminum rails or black? I can't figure out if the aluminum would give a better sporting contrast with the Black exterior.
Looks like you went with the "black package" going high gloss on the trim so the black rails would probably look tight. If you didn't have that I'd say the aluminum rails would be a good contrast.

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Enjoy the beauty safely for years to come. It's a great ute.
Thanks for your awesome Thread the info you provide was very helpful.

Originally Posted by mteddylee
SWEEEET! the long wait has finally paid off! Jet Black is def a very cool color as under direct sunlight the car changes in color slightly! I still can't decide whether to go with Fabspeed or Tubi for exahust, Tubi are known for loudness and I always enjoyed fabspeed, which one will you be going for?
Yeah the wait was rough but it was worth it. Not sure on the exhaust yet I want to do some research first. If you find any good info PM me.