Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

leftover 2011s on the lot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fantasma
well, hopefully all this demand translates into lower depreciation for you guys!
I'm sure the guy who traded in the car took a bath tho!

Originally Posted by TexasPorsche
Definately high demand. It also translates to an amazing auto that most are willing to pay up for them. It's also a relative deal to the Panamera!
This was the same thing I thought actually, when choosing the cayenne. Admittedly, the two are very different cars, but the cayenne had an extra seat, lots of room in the back, and the styling of the Panamera never quite grew on me (altho I'll admit it looks way better in person than from photos). Then, when looking at the price, it was kind of a no-brainer... When it comes to 2-door/4-door coupes, there's just so much more selection for the panamera to compete with too. But the cayenne...? No competition

Originally Posted by synk
Production is increasing next year though...
Agreed, that's what I've been thinking too. It's only a matter of time before supply meets demand. Historically though, the Cayenne's have done pretty good on resale, for a high-end European vehicle. When the time comes to sell mine, I'm gonna consider taking it to China to sell it, who knows I might even make a profit

Old 08-22-2011, 05:13 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
some big east coast dealers have 11's in stock, including TT, s, hybrid and V-6. I still have 20 months left on my X5 diesel lease, but I am holding out for the GTS.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
Agreed, that's what I've been thinking too. It's only a matter of time before supply meets demand. Historically though, the Cayenne's have done pretty good on resale, for a high-end European vehicle. When the time comes to sell mine, I'm gonna consider taking it to China to sell it, who knows I might even make a profit
Ya considering how much they charge people over there, you just might. But is that even legal to do? Can you import a car and sell over there?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:12 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
none available, the ones on lots are test drive only and not for sale until certain dates, we have 2 local and i've offered the moon and cannot buy them.. they are to get people to place orders.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:32 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
none available, the ones on lots are test drive only and not for sale until certain dates, we have 2 local and i've offered the moon and cannot buy them.. they are to get people to place orders.
Offered the moon? Meaning more than MSRP?

Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
check out Hennessey in GA, they have 11's and I think Jim Ellis does as well. Also, alot of 12's listed on their websites. Good luck!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
Southampton Porsche out on the Eastern End of Long Island has 3 Hybrids sitting on the lot, all in the $80k range.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EasternLI
Southampton Porsche out on the Eastern End of Long Island has 3 Hybrids sitting on the lot, all in the $80k range.
yeah, as if those were easy to sell.

still dont understand the hybrid when the v6 gets better mileage, can go offroad, spare tire, and better AC cooling.... also faster..

the hybrid just never made any sense, even if your green... it's not... you could pretty much do any drive in the v6 and the hybrid and get better mileage in the v6 unless it was like a 100mile trip... takes 15+ minutes for the hybrid system to even kick in and when it does it lacks.

either way, the 11 cayenne is still in high demand unless its a over optioned over priced piglet, or a hybrid.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:40 PM
After dinner tonight, my wife and I drove to our Porsche dealership to "look around". There must have been a new shipment just the last couple of days as there were at least 3 new Cayennes in the parking lot. They look like dealer cars. Another thing we noticed was, behind a gate, there were 2-3 Cayennes as well. One of which has a striking similarity to the one we ordered. Hehehe... crossing my fingers that we get a call tomorrow.