Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

leftover 2011s on the lot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:42 PM
TexasPorsche is infamous around these parts
leftover 2011s on the lot

Has anyone been getting a stellar deal on a '11 on the dealer lot?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Are there left overs? The Porsche dealerships around me never seem to have any Cayennes in the lot whenever I drive by. I was going almost once a week for a bit. It was close to my favorite restaurant so I would drive by to see if I could check one out.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 AM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by No.92
Are there left overs? The Porsche dealerships around me never seem to have any Cayennes in the lot whenever I drive by. I was going almost once a week for a bit. It was close to my favorite restaurant so I would drive by to see if I could check one out.
I agree. I just picked up mine 2 days ago and there were 3 on the lot including mine...the other 2 were also pre-sold.

I could barely test drive the thing since it was almost never on any lots.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes,
There's 170 of them in the US.

Originally Posted by No.92

Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
synk is infamous around these parts
One of the dealers around here lists several Cayennes in inventory when you do a search online. However, when you actually go there they don't have any at all. If your inventory data is coming from the web based Porsche search tool, then may be incorrect.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm sure it's not real time, so it has to be incorrect.

Originally Posted by synk
One of the dealers around here lists several Cayennes in inventory when you do a search online. However, when you actually go there they don't have any at all. If your inventory data is coming from the web based Porsche search tool, then may be incorrect.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
cars on lot

My dealer lists vehicles that are still being built but not at the dealer yet as in stock. This seems very common.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 AM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
My dealer had one 2011 CS that was a canceled order, even though was brand new was not in perfect shape tho (some obvious scratches in clear coat). Dealer was willing to negotiate a few thousand on it. Car was gone in about a week.

They just got a used 2011 CTT (quite a rarity, apparently it was a trade-in) with ~15K mi. They're asking msrp. I wouldn't be surprised if they get it. 2012 turbo spots are drying up quickly around here in the bay area, with a lot of buyers not even willing to wait 4 months or more for delivery.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:57 PM
ColoradoCayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
My dealer had one 2011 CS that was a canceled order, even though was brand new was not in perfect shape tho (some obvious scratches in clear coat). Dealer was willing to negotiate a few thousand on it. Car was gone in about a week.

They just got a used 2011 CTT (quite a rarity, apparently it was a trade-in) with ~15K mi. They're asking msrp. I wouldn't be surprised if they get it. 2012 turbo spots are drying up quickly around here in the bay area, with a lot of buyers not even willing to wait 4 months or more for delivery.
My dealer had one 2011 Turbo and a 2012 Turbo (plus a handful of various hybrids and S's, but I was only shopping turbos). They were only willing to negotiate a few thousand off the 2011, so I decided to order a 2012. I would rather wait and get exactly what I want at this price point than settle for what was on the lot.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:06 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice

That is insane that they wanted MSRP for a used 2011. Wow just wow. And I can't people are so impatient that they would pay it.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
My dealer had one 2011 Turbo and a 2012 Turbo (plus a handful of various hybrids and S's, but I was only shopping turbos). They were only willing to negotiate a few thousand off the 2011, so I decided to order a 2012. I would rather wait and get exactly what I want at this price point than settle for what was on the lot.
I totally agree. At this price for a CTT, I'd want exactly my desired configuration even if I have to wait. And basically did that.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:17 PM
That's really incredible. Looks like I will pursue the order to my own individual spec.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
well, hopefully all this demand translates into lower depreciation for you guys!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Definately high demand. It also translates to an amazing auto that most are willing to pay up for them. It's also a relative deal to the Panamera!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
synk is infamous around these parts
Production is increasing next year though...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: leftover 2011s on the lot