Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just picked up my first Porsche :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by slw23
Great pics, thanks for sharing.
No prob. I'll take a few more in the sun after I get the sealant on. See if it can show through how shiny it is. But even right now, it looks like a mirror finish.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 AM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
Wow, que bello!! You got the same interior I'm getting, but with walnut trim... I see you've already got your radar detector in, thinking of doing a permanent stealth install? My wife's been asking me to look into it before we get our pepper...

Fletcher Jones, huh? They were one of the places I was looking to buy from (a friend of mine used to actually own that dealer, before selling it to the current owners) but sadly, they wouldn't budge at all on price. I guess on the good side, they're about an extra 20 min away from me than the dealer I did buy from, which is only about 5 min

Old 08-31-2011, 06:36 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Just had my clear bra installed by the guys at Premier and totally professional guys. It's a bit pricier than your run of the mill shop but they use the best film and it looks really nicely done. I mean there were lambos and ferraris there so if they trust them with those cars I can certainly trust them with mine. Regardless it looks nice. The only bummer is that I got a big rock chip on the way to the shop. They put on the film and suggested I put some touch up over the film. Its not really noticeable from afar so its fine.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:05 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by No.92
Just had my clear bra installed by the guys at Premier and totally professional guys. It's a bit pricier than your run of the mill shop but they use the best film and it looks really nicely done. I mean there were lambos and ferraris there so if they trust them with those cars I can certainly trust them with mine. Regardless it looks nice. The only bummer is that I got a big rock chip on the way to the shop. They put on the film and suggested I put some touch up over the film. Its not really noticeable from afar so its fine.
Just got mine done with Premier as well. I am very happy with the work. Did you pick the 70% all around as well. I had them place 50% on the windshield.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:07 PM
No I don't think I did the 70%. I didn't have anything put on the windshield. I basically did the full hood, front bumpers and lights. I'm pretty happy with it.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:13 PM
As promised, here are pics (I posted this in the other thread as well) after I put the sealant on. I think I may have put too much sealant on, but it still looks good.

I will try to get some pictures posted with the bra on. I'll wait till I wash it next to do that so you can see it with no dust/debris on it.

Attached Images     
Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
Wow, que bello!! You got the same interior I'm getting, but with walnut trim... I see you've already got your radar detector in, thinking of doing a permanent stealth install? My wife's been asking me to look into it before we get our pepper...

Fletcher Jones, huh? They were one of the places I was looking to buy from (a friend of mine used to actually own that dealer, before selling it to the current owners) but sadly, they wouldn't budge at all on price. I guess on the good side, they're about an extra 20 min away from me than the dealer I did buy from, which is only about 5 min
Ya, when I was going over your build in the other thread, I was saying how ours were very similar. As far as the stealth radar install, no I won't be doing that. I like the portability of the cordless but also I can't justify spending $2K on a radar detector. My driving habits have tamed a bit over the years so I probably won't even use this cordless to its full potential. I moved from a corded detector to this cordless one and am loving it so far. Can't stand the cords. When I was at Premier Films, I noticed they install these Passport 9500i stealth detectors as well. I'd recommend them to do it as they deal in high end cars so I'm sure they're very delicate in the installation.

Ya, I went with this dealer because the sales guy Barry was so helpful right from the start. We weren't really that serious about buying the Cayenne at first and definitely not the Turbo, but he didn't even bat an eye when we asked to test drive the Turbo. I called around to a couple of dealers around this area and found one that would do $5K below MSRP and went back to them and they agreed to match the price since I had been dealing with them. They told me straight up that they normally would not do that because this car sells at full or above MSRP normally, which is absolutely true so we got lucky.