Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My 2012 S Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 AM
JoeA is infamous around these parts
My 2012 S Build

Ok so I saw everyone taking out their build order, I think I have read all of them. I figured i would put myself on the block and see about feedback. My biggest concerns being I did not add PDCC & PTV as I opted for other options and the list is long. I may drop the Turbo Type 2 wheels and exchange for doing the Turbo Nose conversion as well as the aero kit and buy the Turbo Type 2's as aftermarket replicas. This will be my second Cayenne S.

Your thoughts etc.
Black/Black
14X seats
Pu3 Premium Plus
PU6 Bose Audio
QH1 Voice COntrol
QJ4 Exterior Package higth gloss black
Compass display on Instr panel
QV4 XM Satellite Radio
Q1j SPort Seats Comfort w/Memory
oP8 Sports exhaust (just regretted not having this on my last Cayenne S)
1Bk Air SUsp Self lvl PASM
1D6 Trailer coupl with removable ball
2C4 Memory Package Electric st
2ZH Heated 3 SPoke SW
3J7 Porsche Crest on head rests
3PN Memory package for electrical
3Y8 ElecRollUpSunblind w Rear Side Wind
4A4 Headed seats front and rear
4D3 Seat Ventillation
6Xt Automatically Dimming Exteriror
7B6 12 Volt OUtlet in Rear Center
7D7 Six disc dvd auto changer
7T1 PCM w Nav
7X8 RearV Camera
7Y1 LCA
8EA BiZenon with PDLS
9MB Dimmable INterior LED
9VL Bose
plus i added walnut trim package for steering wheel and dash just to break up the black a little.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM
kwihk is infamous around these partskwihk is infamous around these parts
congrats! and now the hardest part... waiting!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I would go with your suggestion of after market wheels and turbo front conversion.
Great build spec., does your 1st Cayenne have PDCC & PTV??

Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 AM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
Great build. While the Air+PASM is a great set up, those who have PDCC + PTV rave about it. Wheels and the Turbo nose conversion can be done aftermarket, and maybe even the aero kit, but PDCC/PTV cannot be added later. I'd go with the suspension options, as the stock CS already looks great. Also, with a black ext, the aero kit won't be as noticeable unless the flat black plastic bothers you. Just my .02 worth.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Black Pepper S is infamous around these parts
I'd add the panoramic roof too. It really opens the interior up and you get a much bigger moon roof opening.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Black Pepper S
I'd add the panoramic roof too. It really opens the interior up and you get a much bigger moon roof opening.
Panoramic roof is a very personal option, some people love them other want nothing to do with them.

I live in West Texas and drive to Scottsdale and L.A. all the time. I want nothing to do with a panoramic, as a matter of fact I had to look hard to find a car I wanted without one.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM
I agree on the PANO, just not my thing.

I am seriously considering the PDCC and PTV, can someone give me a detailed description on what it gives me?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:18 PM
DanK is infamous around these parts
I tend to keep my cars a long time (past the warranty period) so I didn't get the air suspension/PDCC - just another expensive thing to break.

I did get the PTV which is fun in the curves (when you push the car you can feel it pulling you around the turn) but for me the main advantage was PTV allows you to lock the rear differential. I use the truck in deep snow up in Tahoe and the locking rear dif has definitely made a big difference.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by DanK
I tend to keep my cars a long time (past the warranty period) so I didn't get the air suspension/PDCC - just another expensive thing to break.

I did get the PTV which is fun in the curves (when you push the car you can feel it pulling you around the turn) but for me the main advantage was PTV allows you to lock the rear differential. I use the truck in deep snow up in Tahoe and the locking rear dif has definitely made a big difference.
That is exactly the reason I passed on air suspension. I have seen way too many cars sitting on their wheels from crapped out AS.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by VinceV
That is exactly the reason I passed on air suspension. I have seen way too many cars sitting on their wheels from crapped out AS.
Did the 1st gen Cayenne have air suspension? Just wondering the failure rate if it did.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Pdcc helps eliminate body roll and is helpful off road as well.
Ptv helps speed up the outside wheels and slow the inside for better road handling and better steering wheel feel.

Pano is a personal preference as most options are.

I wouldn't buy a Porsche without pdcc and ptv. Every Porsche I have owned I opted for the pdcc and it's fantastic; get them you won't be disappointed.

It's only money

Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
I laugh as i type this

Jace - Its only money - true, wish I had enough for the turbo or to keep my 996 and have the Cayenne, I am having a hard enough time swallowing the fact I am about to spend $87k on a vehicle, but I love Porsche and my last Cayenne i miss.

You guys do have me thinking about it. I may take away the turbo 2 wheels for now and get the PDCC and PTV. I was also thinking of just adding the PTV as it is a lot easier to swallow the $1700 for that.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Ptv is a must have if you can only pick one. You won't miss what you don't have, but it you search old videos of non pdcc vs with you'll see a huge difference.
With that said you have to draw the line somewhere.
The cayenne is a superb vehicle with OR without the pdcc. You won't be disappointed.

Get the options you can't add later.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by No.92
Did the 1st gen Cayenne have air suspension? Just wondering the failure rate if it did.
Yes the 1st gen did have AS. I wasn't specifically stating I have seen Cayennes with crapped out systems, I was making a broad statement of many vehicles(cough Range Rover cough) I have seen where the system has failed, and it is just something I don't want to possibly deal with later.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
+1 Get the options you can't add later!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2012 S Build