Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How long did it take for your cayenne order to arrive?e.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:07 AM
GIjbop is infamous around these partsGIjbop is infamous around these parts
How long did it take for your cayenne order to arrive?e.

Local dealer in Canada told me it would be 8 months!!!!! Is that what others dealers are quoting?? If not, why the variation?

Seriously considering another car if it's an 8 month wait til APRIL 2012!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:52 AM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GIjbop
Local dealer in Canada told me it would be 8 months!!!!! Is that what others dealers are quoting?? If not, why the variation?

Ordered end of May arrived in mid August

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
My took 4 months from getting a order # to dealer calling me to sign the doc.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 AM
ColoradoCayenne is infamous around these parts
Mine is looking like it will be about 4 months - assuming everything stays on schedule.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 AM
rmmcdaniel is infamous around these parts

It likely has to do with how many Cayenne allocations that dealer has and the fact that most of them over the next couple of months are already taken for other customers. I would call other dealers to see if they have an allocation that is closer to now that isn't taken by a customer yet.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Normal build time is 6-8 weeks from e start of production to boat transport to dealership.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Mine also took approximately 3 months and a few days.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by rmmcdaniel
It likely has to do with how many Cayenne allocations that dealer has and the fact that most of them over the next couple of months are already taken for other customers. I would call other dealers to see if they have an allocation that is closer to now that isn't taken by a customer yet.
Yes you are right! I called around and found that you are right. Limited allocation each month. Canada doesn't have many dealers and customers can't shop around as much and waitlist right now where I am is 60! Msrp pricing only!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
K_EVIN is infamous around these parts
I order an S on March,the sales told me will get the car around Sep,but a few weeks ago he told me my order will be delay like 4 to 5 months. Why my order take so long, almost one year ! Is there any chance someone took my place? Does any one have same situation? Need your feedback and suggestion. THANKS

Old 09-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I would expect that when order a $100,000 cayenne S from the dealer they would provide you detailed answers. What did they say was the reason?

Dealers should be getting cayennes each month (but limited allocations each month), and a cayenne takes two weeks to build i believe. So, another 5 mo delay on top of ur already 6 month wait seems ridiculous. That's 11 months,

Maybe try calling Porsche Canada and see what happened?

Keep us updated!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I would expect that when order a $100,000 cayenne S from the dealer they would provide you detailed answers. What did they say was the reason?

Dealers should be getting cayennes each month (but limited allocations each month), and a cayenne takes two weeks to build i believe. So, another 5 mo delay on top of ur already 6 month wait seems ridiculous. That's 11 months,

Maybe try calling Porsche Canada and see what happened?

Keep us updated!
Thank u for your relpy, he said the global order increase very high and production quantitiy of porshce for Cayenne wouldn't change cause the delay. I will contact porsche Canada to see what's going on. Thanks again

Old 09-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Did they ever give you the allocation month? Or the exact completion date? Or Order confirmation?

Old 09-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Did they ever give you the allocation month? Or the exact completion date? Or Order confirmation?
I have the order confirmation, it just shows Expected Dilivery Date is Sep 30,2011.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by K_EVIN
I have the order confirmation, it just shows Expected Dilivery Date is Sep 30,2011.
You should have received a VIN #...that would ensure they didn't sell your vehicle (at a markup).

Did you get that after ordering? I'm pretty sure I got this right after ordering.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruinxman
You should have received a VIN #...that would ensure they didn't sell your vehicle (at a markup).

Did you get that after ordering? I'm pretty sure I got this right after ordering.
Ordered CS June 26th (North Carolina); picking it up this Saturday-just over 3 months. I received a Vin # when my order locked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How long did it take for your cayenne order to arrive?e.