Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Black, Black Metallic, Meteor Grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 PM
JoeA is infamous around these parts
Black, Black Metallic, Meteor Grey

Guys,

Im having some issues, approaching lock down date here.

I have ordered Black with exterior Black out. Which I thought would look really good.

My first CS was Titanium Grey which was nice.

Now I have read that some of the guys got the Jet Black Metallic which may hide dirt a little, and the meteor grey looks really good as well.

I am tempted to pull back on the exterior black out on the window ring as the chrome breaks it up a little, but I like the stealth look of the Black on Black..

Any opinions on why you went the way you did, posting large pics of Metallic Black and Meteor Grey would be helpful.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:44 PM
slw23 is infamous around these parts
I'd go with either Meteor Grey or Metallic Black. Jace and w00tPORSCHE have some great pics of their Cayenne's in those 2 colors, with the silver window trim- search for their threads. Black is always classic and a great color, but I'd be weary of the swirl marks. The other 2 colors are a bit more forgiving.

I love the $150 option for the black window trim, really cleans up the look IMO, but it's a personal preference. My only exception is if you have the aluminum roof rails, have a dark ext color, or the Turbo II wheels, but I'd still always opt for the black trim.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:57 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
The exterior trim painted black makes my pepper look much sleeker,streamlined and stealthier

Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
JoeA is infamous around these parts
great PIC, which black do you have Pepper? and great spot for the pic to.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Here's mine. Jet Black with regular silver trim. I love the contrast between silver and the black and that's why I also have the front and rear steel plates and the running boards.

Attached Images    
Old 09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoeA
great PIC, which black do you have Pepper? and great spot for the pic to.
I have Jet black metallic
To me.it's the most elegant color for the pepper and with the most presence
The pic was taken above the cliffs in Normandy,France during my Tourist delivery soujourn..here's one by the tennis court

Old 09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Very nice

Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Looking good, but I should say that I like meteor gray very much on this car and it would be a selection to look at if considering other options.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by No.92
Here's mine. Jet Black with regular silver trim. I love the contrast between silver and the black and that's why I also have the front and rear steel plates and the running boards.
Wow, beautiful Cayenne!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by kw911TT
Wow, beautiful Cayenne!!!
Thanks

Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 PM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
I was really torn between the JBM with the blackout package and leaving the silver accents and adding skid plates, running boards and roof rails. I ended up going on the dark side but I think the look No92 has is pretty slick too.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
As slw23 pointed out, nothing comes close to pure flat black but the JBM will hide swirls to some extent and black won't. Many here will tell you if someone is as **** as I am when it comes to paint finish then JBM or MG is the way to go when compared to black unless you want to be spending more time polishing the paint rather than exploiting the thrills of driving a Cayenne. Please check my elaborate thread on the w00tMOBILE options. slw23 is a lucky guy, he got silver .... he has very little to worry about in terms of caring for his paint finish other than of course the customary regular car washes and wax or sealant twice a year. Here is mine

Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
I just picked up a JBM w/exterior black2 days ago and could not be happier with the choice.

It's black but there is definitely some other hues in it depending on light and angle, very sharp looking and in just 2 days have already had a few comments on it.

My last 3 vehicles have been black so I am used to the maintenance issues of this, but JBM does seem to handle the dirt and dust much better.

Here are some early this morning pics I took, while out running around. In beautiful L.A., lol.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
we have some cars that are pure black, and I love the look when clean, and I do love cleaning my vehicles, but you do have to spend alot of time keeping them looking perfect.
Since you're in Kansas, I think I would stay away from the straight black, bc you will get the snows, and ice/salt, and dust/dirt and you will have to clean it daily to keep clean.

JBM is so nice to look at, but I still think MY COLOR is the best, that's why I have it.

Get the meteor grey, alumimum roof rails, and front/rear to match the roof rails in color.

Check some picks of mine. You'll love it either way!!!!

pick what works best for you. Hey, it's not my car that you will have to be cleaning every day...

I'd love to see someone order a twin.

Meteor looks grey at times under certain lighting, blackish sometimes, greenish sometimes.
It's a very distinctive color and you don't see many cars the exact same color. Blacks are common jet blacks are less common and meteor is even less I have found.

Attached Images      

Last edited by Jace; 09-03-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 PM
hrd
hrd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeA
Guys,

Im having some issues, approaching lock down date here.

I have ordered Black with exterior Black out. Which I thought would look really good.

My first CS was Titanium Grey which was nice.

Now I have read that some of the guys got the Jet Black Metallic which may hide dirt a little, and the meteor grey looks really good as well.

I am tempted to pull back on the exterior black out on the window ring as the chrome breaks it up a little, but I like the stealth look of the Black on Black..

Any opinions on why you went the way you did, posting large pics of Metallic Black and Meteor Grey would be helpful.
There are some nice high-def videos on youtube that show off meteor grey well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfWk2EnwE_w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tY4z_sWKaA

You can search for "2011 Porsche Cayenne HD" to pull up more high-def videos and add a color to the search.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black, Black Metallic, Meteor Grey