Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rear Badging change pics.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:53 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kw911TT
Next step, black out wheel and clear side marker light
I'm torn on the clear side markers, for a while they were on every Euro car, so it almost seems a little too aftermarket to me now.

Doesn't mean I won't end up doing it, but hmmmm.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:59 AM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Good looking VinceV, they lined them up perfect.

You have motivated me to do the same but color match to my Sand White, I have had a spray can of it since I bought the vehicle, just waiting to be sprayed on something.

Do you know if they sanded the chrome at all or how they prepped it for primer? I cant imagine having to sand all those crevices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by j080808
Good looking VinceV, they lined them up perfect.

You have motivated me to do the same but color match to my Sand White, I have had a spray can of it since I bought the vehicle, just waiting to be sprayed on something.

Do you know if they sanded the chrome at all or how they prepped it for primer? I cant imagine having to sand all those crevices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can't imagine they sanded them down either.

I would guess they primed them then shot them with the satin black.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
George718 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VinceV
I can't imagine they sanded them down either.

I would guess they primed them then shot them with the satin black.
I just ordered my set as well. Do you think the satin black would look best on Meteor Grey? Now I have to find a bodyshop that will do the prep and install correctly. The last thing I want is for them not to line up correctly.
BTW I was able to purchase the lower molding that is on the rear hatch in black to match the black trim on my doors.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by George718
I just ordered my set as well. Do you think the satin black would look best on Meteor Grey? Now I have to find a bodyshop that will do the prep and install correctly. The last thing I want is for them not to line up correctly.
BTW I was able to purchase the lower molding that is on the rear hatch in black to match the black trim on my doors.

Hmmm? I think the satin black would look good, but you know what might be even cooler on your car? Satin grey, that might be a cool low key contest to the meteor.

like this,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukeagi...on/4149582247/

Please though it's your car, don't do what I like, lol.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by EasternLI
Think I'm going to do the same to my silver Cayenne, just Porsche though, no model designation
What color are you going to get them sprayed?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
I was thinking a satin or matte black, worried that it might stick out too much on silver though, maybe ill do like a gunmetal or something

Old 09-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by EasternLI
I was thinking a satin or matte black, worried that it might stick out too much on silver though, maybe ill do like a gunmetal or something
Do you have the black trim around your windows? I do which is why i'm leaning towards the satin black. Although satin grey wouldn't be a bad choice either for me......decisions..decisions.LOL

Old 09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I think satin grey would rock on the meteor.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:52 PM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
I have the regular silver trim, maybe I can get the body shop im having do the work show me some different paint samples so I can see the contrast with the silver paint. Should be doing it sometime this week so ill post the results

Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 PM
YellaDawg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VinceV
Alright so I wanted to "stealth" my Cayenne up a bit as the silver lettering on the back was fairly loud to me.

So I went and bought a new set of decals(from Porsche) and then took them to a local body shop and had them painted matte black and then returned a few days later to have them installed, that took about 25 minutes.

Total cost was less than $150. $50 for badges, $100 for paint/prep/install.

Not bad compared to the fact the Porsche charges almost $600 for this from the factory.

So what do you think?

Before

After
I actually want to do the opposite to my recently purchased pre-owned 2009 Cayenne. I want it blingier, with more badging.

This 2009 version has "Cayenne" name badge only on the rear hatchtop and it is in dark paint, and unlike the 2012 models, there is no "Porsche" name badge on the back. I'd like to get Porsche name badge in silver / brushed chrome and also replace the current dark Cayenne name badge with a silver / brushed chrome one. I'd like them to be spaced in the same way that they are on the 2012 model.

Would this require the rear hatchtop to be painted again, and could this entire job be done at an aftermarket body shop / paint shop? I imagine that the old Cayenne name badge would have to be replaced, and this could cause some paint damage to the rear hatchtop, because isn't the badge kept on by an adhesive? Can I order these name badges from my Porsche dealer and get the rest done at a non-dealer shop?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by YellaDawg
I actually want to do the opposite to my recently purchased pre-owned 2009 Cayenne. I want it blingier, with more badging.

This 2009 version has "Cayenne" name badge only on the rear hatchtop and it is in dark paint, and unlike the 2012 models, there is no "Porsche" name badge on the back. I'd like to get Porsche name badge in silver / brushed chrome and also replace the current dark Cayenne name badge with a silver / brushed chrome one. I'd like them to be spaced in the same way that they are on the 2012 model.

Would this require the rear hatchtop to be painted again, and could this entire job be done at an aftermarket body shop / paint shop? I imagine that the old Cayenne name badge would have to be replaced, and this could cause some paint damage to the rear hatchtop, because isn't the badge kept on by an adhesive? Can I order these name badges from my Porsche dealer and get the rest done at a non-dealer shop?

Thanks for your help.
What you want is the way it looked before I had them painted and replaced, correct?

If that is the case all you need to do, is either find the badging online,

http://www.suncoastparts.com/categor...S_Emblems.html

or go to your local Porsche dealership and buy them, should cost less than 70 bucks or so.

Then either you or if your not comfortable with it, the place you get to put the logo on will pull off the old badging. If you are going to do it, make sure it is nice and warm(use a hairdryer if you want or the sun) and take some dental floss and just slowly and carefully slide it under the badging and it should come off. If you have any residue left just wash it off and use some elbow grease. There should be no reason to have to repaint anything.

Find a place you like, I used the local Porsche/BMW/Audi body shop that the dealer sends all the cars to.They took about 15 minutes to install the letters after they had painted them.

Let them set for a few days before you mess with them or wash the car and enjoy.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Scanier is infamous around these partsScanier is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome. Just picked up my 11 CS Wht/Blk and am considering the same mod. I however, have more work as the prior owner did not black the trim. He painted the stock 18's Wht as well so first order of business is wheels. Can't decide on 20 or 22. Guy at wheel shop told me to not do 21 as its harder to find tires. Thinking HREs

Old 01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Cramhar2 is infamous around these parts
That a sweet looking ride!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM
mdot is infamous around these parts
The blacked out emblems look awesome man!

I just had all my trim and door pillars wrapped in matte black vinyl. Looks awesome! Now i just need to black out the emblem on the rear!