Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Southern California Porsche Dealers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:24 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Southern California Porsche Dealers

Just wondering you Southern California Cayenne owners out there, what has your experience been with the following dealers:

Walter's Porsche
McKenna Porsche
Circle Porsche
Power Porsche Newport Beach

???

I'm hoping to order one soon and I'm assuming the bigger dealers will get the allocations first, but I'm assuming here. What has your experiences been with both Sales and Service with these dealers?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:36 PM
zhecks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m
Just wondering you Southern California Cayenne owners out there, what has your experience been with the following dealers:

Walter's Porsche
McKenna Porsche
Circle Porsche

???

I'm hoping to order one soon and I'm assuming the bigger dealers will get the allocations first, but I'm assuming here. What has your experiences been with both Sales and Service with these dealers?
I bought from McKenna and Newport Beach before. Newport Beach Sales are more manipulative. I told them what I wanted to pay and they came back with a totally different number without even trying. I was leasing the car and they gave me a very high MF even though I told them what the MF should be.

On the other hand, McKenna was more aggressive in pricing. They gave me the lowest MF upfront and the max. discount. I would definitely buy from them again.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Newport Porsche as good (bad) as any. Service department was weak. But the girl at the loaner car counter was something I'd like to test drive.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:32 AM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
newport porsche is why i don't own a porsche, snobby salesmen.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light

Walter's Porsche
McKenna Porsche
Circle Porsche

My experience/opinion only:
- Walters is out in the middle of nowhere (at least for me as I'm in Dana Point) but the sales manager (Ed) and the saleman that I've talked to (Bob) are both real Porsche guys who get it. No pressure, easy to deal with, and they know their product. They actually have a few Cayenne S and a Turbo on the lot so they might be willing to deal. Walters is a big sponsor for our local PCA and I've heard nothing but good things about them from a sales and service perspective. If you call them, tell them Christian Asis referred you.
- I have no personal experience with McKenna.
- I have not bought a car from Circle or had one serviced there but it's my understanding that they participate in the Bank of America buying program which, depending on what Cayenne you want and how much in options you're looking at, can lead to a very good deal.
- I had an awful experience at Newport and would never buy a car from them. They clearly judged a book by its cover and treated me like crap when I tried to drive in and buy a 997S about 4 years ago. I've heard there are some good sales folks there (Apollo and Dave are two guys the PCA refers to as being honest) but they can suck it as far as I'm concerned. I'll never buy a car from them no matter how good the deal. The service, on the other hand, is a different story. I had a minor issue on my 997s about a year ago and stopped in out of the blue and without an appointment. My service guy (I think his name was Rick but I have his card at home) treated me like gold and took care of me and my car as quickly and professionally as one could ever hope for. The only downside to service at Newport is they use Hertz or Enterprise (can't remember which) so you end up with a sh*tbox rental unless you pay some $ while your $100,000 car is in for work. But based on my experience with Rick, I wouldn't not use Newport for warranty work.

Another option that might be a drive for you is Hoehn in Carlsbad. They're a smaller dealership but they are who we worked with when we bought our 997s. Excellent buying experience, fair deal, honest people and great follow up. We rely on a local independent for most of our maintenance work (the owners of Hergeshiemer are neighbors and friends) but I have used Hoehn for warranty and maintenance with great results. If you contact Hoehn for sales ask for Chris Stole, if you need service, ask for Matt O'Berry...tell either of them I referred you.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts

Walter's Porsche
McKenna Porsche
Circle Porsche

???

Walter's - No experience.
McKenna - Horrible experience both on the Cayenne and the M3. My buddy's uncle is personal friends with the owner of McKenna and the best deal I could get on a Cayenne was MSRP (because I was family friend - he said it like he was doing me a favor selling to me for MSRP). I basically told them to kiss my ***. On the M3 (E46 back in 2003) I was told the best price they could provide was $3K over MSRP (granted most places were charging over MSRP back then on that car) I ended up going to Crevier BMW.
Circle - I bought from them great experience, great pricing, and consistent follow-up along the way. The would email me back at 8 PM if I emailed him at 7:45 PM. I'd buy again from them. They spent more than 2 hours going over all the features of the car the day we picked it up and set up PCM with our phones.
Power - Limited phone experience neither positive or negative but I don't think they were price competitive.
Downtown - Poor experience those guys are terrible and BS a lot.

Last edited by bruinxman; 10-21-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Ha... looks like none of them are any good

Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I agree that hoehn is the best. They are small though and have small inventory. But many of the salesman are great. I would of got my ctt from them but they did not have any. Got it at dtla Porsche and started a thread of the miserable encounter. McKenna would not let me test drive anything.

Hoehn by far the best!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:17 AM
csufl is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Here is my experience with these two dealers before placed the order on the third dealership:

1. McKenna Porsche- Very typical snob dealership, went in with shorts, t-shirt & sandle. The sales was hesitate to let us test drive the Cayenne, but eventually gave-in and let us go around the block of the dealer. Tried too hard to unload their demo and provided bunch of BS telling me what I need and what I don't need on my Cayenne.

2. Power Porsche Newport Beach- Even worse experience. Went in with rented Cayman, again with t-shirt, shorts and sandle. Waited for about 10-15 minutes after operator paged an "available" sales when there was NO customers in the dealership at 10am.... Was told "no Cayenne was available.... you can wait 6 months to order the car or take a hike...."

Used more educated way to deal with my Cayenne, internet is you best friend man~ Contacted several Porsche dealerships in southern california, took about 5 days, the best deal was several % off MSRP, made appt with the sales, again with t-shirt, shorts, and sandle. It was a very kick back Porsche dealer, the sales greeted me and took about 1.5 hrs to finalize the custom order. Very easy, chill experience on my first Porsche. Will def. go back for my future Carerra once the baby is growing up.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 AM
csufl is infamous around these parts
I forgot to mention, it was Pacific Porsche in Torrance.