Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What's with Cayennes and China?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
whatIF? is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruinxman
Yeah I agree on this. Porsche takes these things seriously and would heavily penalize which ever dealership is doing this both monetarily as well as a loss of future allocations. Your sales guy is BS-ing you or doing something illegal...either way its not a good sign.

The first question when I bought the CS was..."where will you be garaging the vehicle?". I thought that was totally strange until they elaborated on this as they shared they had a customer export it illegally w/o informing them. I think I even signed a paper saying I wouldn't export the vehicle within a certain time frame from purchase.
Sales guy doing nothing illegal. Maybe against Porsche policy, but perfectly legal.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Not only a Porsche Policy, a few months ago I tried to buy a new Toyota Tundra 4x4 for export to Brazil, I couldnt find one US dealer willing to do so.

Last edited by galion; 11-15-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
whatIF? is infamous around these parts
Yup, that's correct. Most manufacturers have some sort of non-export policy. Porsche just happens to be most restrictive of all. However, there's nothing illegal about it. Just internal corporate policy to protect dealers in their various markets around the world and to maintain prices artificially high, by limiting free trade.

I export new cars to Brazil (among many other countries) every month, to dealers in Santa Catarina, so if you need some info feel free to PM me.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:15 PM
avjc56 is infamous around these parts
....?