Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

"Light Comfort Package" Questions/Annoyances.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Question "Light Comfort Package" Questions/Annoyances.

i have a 958 cayenne with the "Light Comfort Package with Memory Package" and curious to see if others have the same issues.

1: the "horseshoe" light is brighter than all hell, if you click it "off" it dims but then none of the other lights come on with unlock.

2: the strips in the door armrests are yellowish and very dim (not dimmable)

3: the strips in armrest ONLY come on when doors are open (i thought as per order form they can be dimmed and stay on when headlights on as accent lights like the similar armrest strips do on BMW's and so forth.

4: the lights in the Side Mirrors that shine down are yellowish unlike every other light in vehicle.

5: in the PCM i can mess with the dimness but only changes the lights that shine into the door pockets. (should i be able to change others as well?)

6: the very rear dome light is yellowish

does anyone else have really yellowish dim arm rest strips (when compared to the holy bat **** bright other lights?) has anyone been in the door to see if the bulbs that light the strips can be changed out? (i assume the mirror ones can, and the license plate ones)

Last edited by wa1l1in; 11-03-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
The arm rest lights only come on when the door is open? That makes no sense. The only reason I ordered this option was because I loved the armrest lights in my BMW while driving at night... there has to be a way to keep them on while driving for sure..

Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
The led strip and foot well lights and horseshoe lights are all controlled at same dimming level via button on center upper ceiling group.

I have my interior set to100% and I have the others set just bright enough to have all lite at night.

I wish I could set the interior lights but I wish the horseshoe was a separate dimming light so I could lower it even further or turn off without affecting the rest ....

Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
does yours save the brightness?

i hold the button and it dims and i let go... but then when i turn off and back on ... its %100 again.

hwo do you save it more "dim"?

any way to make the door armrest strips stay on while driving?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
You adjust the arm strips with the above on ceiling button.

They should stay to the setting you save via the seat memory save button. Everything saves through that button.
Each time something is edited, save the option changed.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
You adjust the arm strips with the above on ceiling button.

They should stay to the setting you save via the seat memory save button. Everything saves through that button.
Each time something is edited, save the option changed.
so leave it on to that level and click "save"?

literally i held to dim, got to dim level.. shut door, waited a little bit...opened door and was full blast again.

ill try and save while its on the dimmed level.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 PM
I'd imagine if you repeat your exact steps but this time SAVE via the memory seat button and use same key obviously this will solve the dilemma.

Good luck, let me know.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
I'd imagine if you repeat your exact steps but this time SAVE via the memory seat button and use same key obviously this will solve the dilemma.

Good luck, let me know.
tried it a few times, nothing... goes full steam each time i open door.. tried dimming, and clicking save and also tried dimming, turning off and clicking save.

only variable i did not try was leaving the door open and then dimming and clicking save as the inclement weather doesn't really allow me to leave door open.

would love if you could try and do it with your car not 100% brightness to see what happens... then i can eliminate the variable of it just being my vehicle from the concerns.

thanks!

side note: are you perturbed at all that some interior lights are bright white LED and others are yellowish? i feel that when ordering the LED comfort that the other bulbs would be swapped to match....?

my foot wells, trunk area and mirror down lights are VERY yellow... also the door strips are yellowish as well but not sure how since im pretty sure they are LED?

my thoughts were maybe to open the door up and swap the wiring for that light for cup holder and the door strips (door strips would be on all the time and dimmable in the PCM) and then the cup holder light underneath would be on only when doors open or the courtesy lighting activated.. (im sure they have similar wiring and easy to swap)

Last edited by wa1l1in; 11-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wa1l1in
tried it a few times, nothing... goes full steam each time i open door.. tried dimming, and clicking save and also tried dimming, turning off and clicking save.

only variable i did not try was leaving the door open and then dimming and clicking save as the inclement weather doesn't really allow me to leave door open.

would love if you could try and do it with your car not 100% brightness to see what happens... then i can eliminate the variable of it just being my vehicle from the concerns.

The dimming has no affect on the door opening/entry level of brightness, it works when the car is started and the headlamps are on driving.

I'm with you in the fact that I dislike the footwell and trunk using normal bulbs, it throws off the effect. Heck my Son's Q5 has full interior LED and his car cost 1/3 of ours.

There is a thread on LED replacement, let me go find it.

EDIT-

Here it is,
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1-cayenne.html

Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by VinceV
The dimming has no affect on the door opening/entry level of brightness, it works when the car is started and the headlamps are on driving.

I'm with you in the fact that I dislike the footwell and trunk using normal bulbs, it throws off the effect. Heck my Son's Q5 has full interior LED and his car cost 1/3 of ours.

There is a thread on LED replacement, let me go find it.

EDIT-

Here it is,
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1-cayenne.html
im confused as far as dimming, when does it ever save the settings? i just would prefer not to have a spotlight on the ceiling every time i enter the car, i can turn it off i know but then no lighting is on when u open the car..

i guess i have a different thought process than porsche, i really like the bmw setup.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
im confused as far as dimming, when does it ever save the settings? i just would prefer not to have a spotlight on the ceiling every time i enter the car, i can turn it off i know but then no lighting is on when u open the car..

i guess i have a different thought process than porsche, i really like the bmw setup.
Yes it saves the settings.

This is what I did, I waited till it was dark and started the car and the headlamps were on, after the initial entry lighting goes out turn on the interior lights then hold the button till it dims to your desired level.

Once set save the settings with the memory package next to the door handle. Remember to use the same key if you lock the car afterwards.

Then next time it is dark when you unlock the car and open the door, yes it will be full entry bright, then after you start the car and headlamps are on the desired ambient lighting will be on inside the cabin.

Button to push and full entry lighting.
Name:  IMG_2129.jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  31.9 KB
Name:  IMG_2130.jpg
Views: 2704
Size:  41.4 KB

Set ambient lighting, and yes I'm still in my pajamas and socks!!!
Name:  IMG_2134.jpg
Views: 2303
Size:  16.9 KB
Name:  IMG_2133.jpg
Views: 2379
Size:  14.2 KB
Name:  IMG_2132.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  11.5 KB

Old 11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
thanx^

so i can set ambient lighting button..... but not the unlock and open brightness..

ill mess with above later...

then i just need to change those random yellow bulbs to white ones.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Vince, thanks for taking the time to document this. I'm sure my life will be much easier as I have bookmarked your post for when our CS comes in!

Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
one thing to document is getting a piece of electrical tape to cover the "passenger airbag off" light... cut it nice and crisp edge and youll never see it again... i cant stand that orange light at night... should be like most cars and no person in seat=light off, light person in seat=light on... i dont need to know that having an empty seat means no airbag.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
one thing to document is getting a piece of electrical tape to cover the "passenger airbag off" light... cut it nice and crisp edge and youll never see it again... i cant stand that orange light at night... should be like most cars and no person in seat=light off, light person in seat=light on... i dont need to know that having an empty seat means no airbag.
Wow. After that, I whole heartedly agree with you that I like BMW's lighting setup better. The airbag off light should not come on unless there is someone sitting there without seatbelt.

And from what I've read about the Keyless Comfort Access, I wish it was more similar (logical) to the other systems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "Light Comfort Package" Questions/Annoyances.