Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 CTT Comfort Entry problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 PM
d_amt_78 is infamous around these parts
comfort entry

2012 V6..can't find the comfort entry option in the vehicle/setting/locking..
manually adjustable steering wheel..could that be the reason?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:10 PM
mstlc03 is infamous around these parts
Same exact issue with my wife's one week old 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid...

Old 12-09-2011, 09:15 PM
d_amt_78 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mstlc03
Same exact issue with my wife's one week old 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid...
you can't find the comfort entry option? or is it there but not working properly?

Old 12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
mstlc03 is infamous around these parts
Oh, it doesn't always work...inconsistent.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 PM
2012CV6 is infamous around these parts
I have same issue. V6 2012 with entry and drive. On 3 occasions I have gone back into the settings and my comfort entry was BACK on after I turned it off. Honestly, there are serious bugs with the memory system. Bummer since it worked perfect in my 09

Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting. Once in 13,000 miles I didn't remember the setting. Every time it remembers and lowers steering as I'm driving off, bc I do it quickly.

I'll probably have issues now.....

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
RGPitt is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys I thought I was crazy but I had the same problem. I mentioned it to the Dealer but they said your key is trying to remember too many things...! Its just crazy one day it works fine and the next time seat moves back as I get in but I have to hold the memory button for the seat to come back to the right position.

I own ACURA MDX and I never had this issue. Also I never had to hold the button.

Thanks
RG

Old 01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
DrBaltz is infamous around these parts
Same here. 2012 Porsche Cayenne. I've had it in the shop 3 times, nothing...

Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 AM
DrBaltz is infamous around these parts
Solution to comfort entry problem!

I took my car to Boardwalk Porsche in Plano after going to Park Place Porsche in Dallas and getting no answers. After about 4 hours of having the car, Boardwalk solved the problem. Here it is.

According to Porsche, the problem is that when you touch any of the side buttons on the seat with comfort entry, it will auto save the setting to your key. In my particular case, when I was getting out of the car about 50% of the time, my leg was hitting a button on the side, thus reseting my seat to the improper location and me thinking comfort entry was broken. This isn't the case. To prove this, I had Boardwalk unhook all the buttons on my driver's seat and comfort entry has worked flawlessly everytime in the last 3 days. I will tell you Porsche is very aware of the problem are thinking about reprogramming how the feature works to keep it from auto saving if you touch one of the seat adjustments since it's saved in Memory 1 or 2 in the door already.

I hope this helps. If you don't want to unhook the buttons like me under the seat, just make sure when you are getting out of the car to not accidentally hit one of the buttons on the side of the seat that makes adjustments. If you do this, it will work everytime.

Boardwalk said they'd call me if Porsche changes the programming. I'll let everyone know if and when this happens.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrBaltz
I took my car to Boardwalk Porsche in Plano after going to Park Place Porsche in Dallas and getting no answers. After about 4 hours of having the car, Boardwalk solved the problem. Here it is.

According to Porsche, the problem is that when you touch any of the side buttons on the seat with comfort entry, it will auto save the setting to your key. In my particular case, when I was getting out of the car about 50% of the time, my leg was hitting a button on the side, thus reseting my seat to the improper location and me thinking comfort entry was broken. This isn't the case. To prove this, I had Boardwalk unhook all the buttons on my driver's seat and comfort entry has worked flawlessly everytime in the last 3 days. I will tell you Porsche is very aware of the problem are thinking about reprogramming how the feature works to keep it from auto saving if you touch one of the seat adjustments since it's saved in Memory 1 or 2 in the door already.

I hope this helps. If you don't want to unhook the buttons like me under the seat, just make sure when you are getting out of the car to not accidentally hit one of the buttons on the side of the seat that makes adjustments. If you do this, it will work everytime.

Boardwalk said they'd call me if Porsche changes the programming. I'll let everyone know if and when this happens.

First of all its great and rare that a dealership would take this much time for this type of problem. They usually dismiss it with some BS excuse. And thanks for the post.
I understand your explanation. However, for me the fact that the seat does not reset to the last position I had it is only part of the problem, which is typically my position set to key 1, its the fact that the stereo and a/c settings turn to what I had it a day or two ago.
It might be that a few nights ago it was cold and I had the temp set at 78 then a few times since then I had it set at 65 since it was warmer. But then I get in my car and the temp goes to 78. This happens very inconsistently and thus my dealer always says that they can not repeat the problem. I have just surrendered to it.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
MRC
MRC is infamous around these parts
I do not have comfort entry but I am having simular problems with my 2011 Cayenne S. VEHICLE DOORS INTERMITTENTLY LOCK ME OUT AND I CAN'T GET IN. VEHICLE DOORS INTERMITTENTLY DO NOT LOCK. Intermittently memory seats, mirrors, steering wheel, radio and such do not retain their memory.

Been in shop 3 times. They still can't figure out problem. Tried keys, software upgrades from Germany, parts and such. Nothing working. My Fiat 500C is more dependable than this Porsche!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 AM
DanZah is infamous around these parts
I have 2011 Turbo. Similar problem as MRC above, but worse. The key (keyless entry / drive) loses synch with the vehicle. Vehicle will not start sometimes, when it does, wierd things happen such as messages that are obviously incorrect on PCM. Also, I get locked out. Worse, "locked in". Vehicle alarm goes off with me inside. I have taken vehicle in to local Porsche dealer, we shall see if the wizards will correct the issue. I am confident they will. Porsche has a stellar reputation.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Just curious if there is an update to this issue?

Mine also has memory problem, not the seat position, but turning comfort entry off. I uncheck the comfort entry option in PCM, and also the lower right mirror on reverse option, it would always forget and turn both back on next time I start the car.

Really annoying.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:16 PM
The Porsche technicians solved the issue with: 1. re-programing the remote key(s) 2. Replacing all key batteries 3. Updating to latest software (2.44).
As to which of the three corrected the issue, we don't know. But, it hasn't occurred again. So, I am happy. The dealer and service were genuinely concerned with the issue. Personally, I believe it was the simplist of the three - replacing the battery(s). I never received a message that the key battery was weak as is supposed to occur, but still believe that to be the issue. I could be wrong. But in the end, it's corrected. And I got to drive a Panamera as a loaner, which was a nice experience since I have been debating whether to purchase one as a spare.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
MRC wrote: VEHICLE DOORS INTERMITTENTLY LOCK ME OUT AND I CAN'T GET IN. VEHICLE DOORS INTERMITTENTLY DO NOT LOCK.
I had the same problem. Solved it by putting my key in one pocket, and my smart phone in the opposite pocket. I can re-create the problem situation by putting both key and smart phone in the same pocket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 CTT Comfort Entry problem