Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Is Cayenne for Wives?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Benexpress is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by galion
Its all about the color and wheel combination.
Imo a Cayenne with 18" or 19" wheels looks like a soccer mom SUV.
My wife thinks that my white CS w/21" turbo II looks too agressive for her, even though she loves how it rides, she still prefers her Mercedes ML350 to haul the kids and do the shopping.

Galion,
21 Turbo II looks just awesome. Can't get it off my head. Can't think of any better words to describe it. Just A.W.E.S.O.M.E

Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by kw911TT
I got the Cayenne with the intent for my wife, she ended up driving the 997 more and left me with the Cayenne (she didn't want to deal with the Costco run), you'll hear no complain from me
Nice ~

Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by galion
Its all about the color and wheel combination.
Imo a Cayenne with 18" or 19" wheels looks like a soccer mom SUV.
My wife thinks that my white CS w/21" turbo II looks too agressive for her, even though she loves how it rides, she still prefers her Mercedes ML350 to haul the kids and do the shopping.
I think this perfectly sums it up. You can make the Cayenne look from sedate to agressive.

As for a woman's car, Well if it is then call me Miss Daisy, cause I love mine.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by WFBlue
No offense to the OP, but I don't understand the need to correlate masculinity or femininity with a vehicle...

If you like it, buy it, if you are worried about whether your ride "makes you a man", use the money for counseling.
Amen.

A real man is secure enough in himself that he doesn't care what others think and certainly doesn't need a car (even one as special as a P car) to make him feel more of a man.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:24 AM
kev_song is infamous around these partskev_song is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Benexpress
Hello Cayenne lovers & owners,

More I read threads here at 6sOnline, I see many people say
'I just picked up my wife's cayenne'
'Cayenne is my wife's daily drive'
'My wife loves this and that about Cayenne'

After all this time I am about to purchase the first Porsche in my life that is built for women?
Is that really true that lord drives RR and soccer mom drives cayenne?

Should I get base 991 and buy my wife super loaded Sienna since I can't afford two Prosche?

Oh Man...this is not fair...I stay late again tonight...
I wouldn't worry about it. I originally ordered my 11S for myself, but bought another Range Rover while waiting for the Cayenne. So changed to order to make it more suited to her The Cayenne ended up as my wifes car. She loves it, I love driving it as well. Its not a soccer moms car. Drive it, enjoy it! Btw Most soccer moms don't drive Cayennes, only ones with sugar daddy's do! Happy Holidays!

Old 12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Yes the Cayenne is driven by soccer moms, yes the boxster spyder is considered a girly car and every other 997 is driven by a dentist. Nothing wrong with being a soccer mom, a girl or a dentist. To not drive any of those superb vehicles due to having doubts about one's masculinity or image is an act of sheer folly. I did not find the need to buy a CTT to prove my manliness. My CS is more expensive than a base turbo so it was not about the $$ either. Buy what u like and not what would please others. That's my sincere advice, please don't mistake me and I apologize if I came across as being rude or impolite.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 12-25-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Yes the Cayenne is driven by soccer moms, yes the boxster spyder is considered a girly car and every other 997 is driven by a dentist. Nothing wrong with being a soccer mom, a girl or a dentist. To not drive any of those superb vehicles due to having doubts about one's masculinity or image is an act of sheer folly. I did not find the need to buy a CTT to prove my manliness. My CS is more expensive than a base turbo so it was not about the $$ either. Buy what u like and not what would please others. That's my sincere advice, please don't mistake me and I apologize if I came across as being rude or impolite.
Hi w00t, your advice well heard and appreciated. I never had anyone around me who has Porsche. But now I know all the good people with extensive Porsche experiences like yourself so I wanted to ask honest question and got all the straight forward feedback from real people with real Porsche experience. Where else can I get this type feedback. 6 spped is just great for that purpose. I really value what we all talk here. Your comments were all good nothing bad or rude. fyi I am getting cs for myself (of course my wife will drive whenever she wants ). merry christmas !
Ben

Last edited by Benexpress; 12-25-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:01 PM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
I don't think the fact that the 958 is a popular choice for a woman (or wife) makes it any less of a man's car. The same could be said for bentley's, mercedes s-class, astons, or any other more "comfortable" high end cars. I wouldn't feel any less man driving any of those.

I think just not all women share their husband's passion of driving a track car to work that could turn your spinal cord into mush and would scrape going over a speed bump

Old 12-25-2011, 09:52 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

Ever since this thread started, I've been looking more closely at the Cayenne driver that I've seen on the road. So far, 90% of the Cayenne drivers are male, at least around my route

Last edited by kw911TT; 12-26-2011 at 11:06 AM.