Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Is Cayenne for Wives?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Benexpress is infamous around these parts
Is Cayenne for Wives?

Hello Cayenne lovers & owners,

More I read threads here at 6sOnline, I see many people say
'I just picked up my wife's cayenne'
'Cayenne is my wife's daily drive'
'My wife loves this and that about Cayenne'

After all this time I am about to purchase the first Porsche in my life that is built for women?
Is that really true that lord drives RR and soccer mom drives cayenne?

Should I get base 991 and buy my wife super loaded Sienna since I can't afford two Prosche?

Oh Man...this is not fair...I stay late again tonight...

Old 12-03-2011, 03:56 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Benexpress
Hello Cayenne lovers & owners,

More I read threads here at 6sOnline, I see many people say
'I just picked up my wife's cayenne'
'Cayenne is my wife's daily drive'
'My wife loves this and that about Cayenne'

After all this time I am about to purchase the first Porsche in my life that is built for women?
Is that really true that lord drives RR and soccer mom drives cayenne?

Should I get base 991 and buy my wife super loaded Sienna since I can't afford two Prosche?

Oh Man...this is not fair...I stay late again tonight...
Hardly. Buy a Cayenne Turbo and you know its made for a man. Unless you're a woman who likes to drive fast or race.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:26 AM
mphgsp is infamous around these parts
My wife was driving a Lexus RX then I convinced her to test drive a Cayenne. One quick lap around town and she was hooked. I have to beg her to let me drive it now and then.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:38 AM
2012cayenne is infamous around these parts
I think a lot of people on here are weathly enough that their primary car is a 911 or something sporty, therefore they get the SUV for their wives.

I live in the city and need an all around vehicle. I just sold my 2011 BMW 550 and picked up a Cayenne. I too was a little concerned about this being a soccer moms car, but after driving it a few days, I can't get enough of it.

Just make it look masculine and sporty and you are good. I have a Cayenne S in black. Lovin it.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:38 AM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
I think the men buy the car for themselves and their wives just take it from them

Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by evil panda
I think the men buy the car for themselves and their wives just take it from them
Hello Panda, I like the way you put it.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by 2012cayenne
I think a lot of people on here are weathly enough that their primary car is a 911 or something sporty, therefore they get the SUV for their wives.

I live in the city and need an all around vehicle. I just sold my 2011 BMW 550 and picked up a Cayenne. I too was a little concerned about this being a soccer moms car, but after driving it a few days, I can't get enough of it.

Just make it look masculine and sporty and you are good. I have a Cayenne S in black. Lovin it.

Airighty then. I feel much better getting cayenne for myself now.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
My wife loves my CTT but is afraid of the ceramic pedal sensitivity and acceleration and price, so she stays away as much as possible.
Don't think me loading the CTT up during build process was a mistake.
She feels more comfortable in the escalade or RR.
OKAY by me.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Its all about the color and wheel combination.
Imo a Cayenne with 18" or 19" wheels looks like a soccer mom SUV.
My wife thinks that my white CS w/21" turbo II looks too agressive for her, even though she loves how it rides, she still prefers her Mercedes ML350 to haul the kids and do the shopping.

Last edited by galion; 12-03-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:36 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I got the Cayenne with the intent for my wife, she ended up driving the 997 more and left me with the Cayenne (she didn't want to deal with the Costco run), you'll hear no complain from me

Old 12-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Anne123 is infamous around these parts
I'm a chick and I bought my Cayenne for myself and I freaking love it!! My husband adores driving it and does frequently. All the soccer moms in my town drive Lexus and BMW.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
My wife drives the Cayenne. She loves it. That being said, I drive it quite a bit too, and I really love the vehicle.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
No offense to the OP, but I don't understand the need to correlate masculinity or femininity with a vehicle. There was a long debate on the "other site" about whether the 958 was more "girly" than the prior versions of the Cayenne. Really entertaining in a juvenile sort of way.

If you like it, buy it, if you are worried about whether your ride "makes you a man", use the money for counseling.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
My wife loves my CTT but is afraid of the ceramic pedal sensitivity and acceleration and price, so she stays away as much as possible.
Don't think me loading the CTT up during build process was a mistake.
She feels more comfortable in the escalade or RR.
OKAY by me.
The sensitivity of the ceramic brakes can most definitely surprise the un-iniated...but they are worth every penny when you have a turbo...and I actually find them very effective and not harsh at all and a good driving reminder..noooooooo need to slam them ,you have to get a feel for pedal pressure and then simply gently apply and ease into it,before putting your foot down..knowing that the pccb's WILL slow you down promptly and safely
The only problem i have with the ceramics,is driving any other car without them!I find their bite,welcome and take it for granted....braking feels so mushy and un-safe with most other cars...which is why my bro,who drives an Audi A6,hesitates to drive my CTT,cause he finds the brakes too brutal

Old 12-04-2011, 02:53 PM
rmmcdaniel is infamous around these parts
My wife and I had an E90 M3 (that she loved to drive as well) and we were about to buy a new X3 M-sport as a second car that would be more comfortable/functional for work commutes, but we didn't want to deal with owning two cars in the city. Replacing our M3 with a Cayenne Turbo was the perfect solution.

To those that said you just have to option it more "manly" I semi-agree. My wife refuses to drive base cars for the same reason...she hates the idea of being a soccer mom/trophy wife lemming. In the same way she was anti-X3 until she saw the M-sport version, she was anti-Cayenne until I showed her the one we bought: Turbo with 21" Turbo IIs, front/rear skid plates, running boards, full tint, low suspension setting, etc. Then she heard the engine/exhaust when I turned it on. Only then she was sold. :-)

What's hotter than a soccer mom driving a Cayenne? A soccer mom driving a loaded Cayenne Turbo. ha ha :-)

As for feeling manly driving it myself, I sleep easy at night. The reactions of everyone around when I fire it up in a parking lot get more head turns than I ever got with my M3. A lot of mom's and elderly even start shuffling their kids/spouses away like they are scared of the sound. Freaking awesome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is Cayenne for Wives?